Remove this ad

JLB

Sorcerer

#241 [url]

Apr 21 11 2:18 AM

Maybe it's not Niten and the volcano is on Danu Talis flamelssecret/idk.gif (it just seems like what I'd see there)

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#242 [url]

Apr 21 11 3:01 AM

QUOTE (Phoenix-Rising @ December 05, 2010 10:10 pm)
josh was major in the Necromancer (given to the fact the book is named after him) perhaps Tut will make an appearance.  Also King Midas could have a gold aura he had the Golden Touch, a gift from Dionysus for saving some satyrs. according to Rick Riordan

The warlock is (I think) going to be the coolest so far, seeing the influx of egyptian and greek mythology there in the cover.

**Please don't double post, instead use the "edit" button. Thank you!

Color: Cadmium Red Scent:Wood Smoke There is equal light in darkness, if you but know where to seek it. "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."Niccolo Machiavelli.
"It is much more secure to be feared than to be loved" Niccolo Macchiavelli[COLOR=red]

Quote    Reply   

#243 [url]

Apr 21 11 3:55 AM

I guessed Niten as well, but the overall appearance (from what we can see) seems to me like the figure is Chinese. Niten is Japanese. If it is supposed to be Niten and he is wearing Chinese clothes and a Chinese hairstyle, then I think maybe someone made a blunder along the way..

PS: Darknessguardian, try to use the "EDIT" button on your posts. Double posting is against the rules.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#244 [url]

Apr 21 11 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Silvertwinn @ April 20, 2011 10:55 pm)
If it is supposed to be Niten and he is wearing Chinese clothes and a Chinese hairstyle, then I think maybe someone made a blunder along the way..

I don't know about that being strictly Chinese "clothes". Looks a lot like Samurai armor from the images on this wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai

Quote    Reply   

#245 [url]

Apr 21 11 3:11 PM

I never said it was strictly Chinese, it's just that to me, it looks more Chinese than samurai, but it is so darn hard to tell with the lack of lighting and all that blue stuff. (Yes, yes, "lightning".) I can see the breastplate (mostly because of the studs) and maybe a shoulder piece, but that's about it that I can make out, and I had my nose to my screen, squinting.

I don't even remember, but is Niten supposed to wield a katana and a shortsword? The swords on the cover both appear to be the same length. That, and men from the feudal era of Japan shaved their foreheads and kept their hair in a short stiff ponytail.

I think the art could have been a bit better. But that's just me, since I'm kind of picky with art.

I also found a photographic portrait of Niten, but I'll post that in his thread.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#246 [url]

Apr 21 11 7:20 PM

Although I like the US covers better I think this cover is more revealing. I'm assuming the man on the cover is Niten because of the aura and the katanas he is holding.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#247 [url]

Apr 21 11 8:59 PM

yeah that's who i assumed it was too. but the uk covers never have enough stuff on them to speculate about they are cool though
going by the erupting volcano in the background, i'm gonna say that it is definately gonna have a good bit about earth magic in it. Maybe sophie learns it and it's a catastrophe, or she has to use it to fight off enemies. It could also be a reference to the cataclysmic effects of the battles on Danu Talis. I get the feeling from that sneek page we saw back in...whenever it was, i'm lost in the mists of time since then. but anyway, it refered to Abraham the Mage, and he was around Danu Talis, so it could be something about that.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   

#248 [url]

Apr 23 11 5:43 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ April 21, 2011 12:20 pm)
Although I like the US covers better I think this cover is more revealing. I'm assuming the man on the cover is Niten because of the aura and the katanas he is holding.

Really? Why do we know less from the us cover? In the us cover, there's a Greek-roman helmet (mars), the 2 codex pages, a hook (marethyu), an Egyptian headdress (looks more like aten's than tut's), a maze like thing in the center (labyrinth), and a beetle (Egyptian?), and lightning.

The only things that the uk cover reveals, is that there will be someone with 2 swords (probably niten) and a volcano will erupt (earth magic or the fall of danu talis) Unless I am missing something, the us cover reveals more. (sorry if I sound snarky)

Aura Color: Sun-glow
Aura Scent: Caramel
Magics Mastered: Fire , Water , Earth , Air , Aether , Alchemy , Necromancy, Time , Thought , and The Words of Power
Weapon: The Legendary Staff of Power

Quote    Reply   

#249 [url]

Apr 24 11 1:39 AM

QUOTE (TheDeathlessLord @ April 23, 2011 05:43 pm)

Really? Why do we know less from the us cover? In the us cover, there's a Greek-roman helmet (mars), the 2 codex pages, a hook (marethyu), an Egyptian headdress (looks more like aten's than tut's), a maze like thing in the center (labyrinth), and a beetle (Egyptian?), and lightning.

The only things that the uk cover reveals, is that there will be someone with 2 swords (probably niten) and a volcano will erupt (earth magic or the fall of danu talis) Unless I am missing something, the us cover reveals more. (sorry if I sound snarky)

I agree. Yes the UK cover shows different clues as to what will be in the book, there are only two. On the US cover, there are many. The two pages, for example. Josh still has them, and since he is now with Dee and Dare, he can give them the pages. You couldnt get that from the UK cover lol. I still like them both

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#250 [url]

Apr 24 11 2:09 PM

I guess I didn't chose my words properly. I only meant the UK cover is more revealing in the sense that it's more straight forward with the cover with the man with blue aura and katanas - Niten (most likely). The US cover, as always, is like a puzzle that gives you imagery to speculate on and of course do necessary research.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#251 [url]

Apr 24 11 4:38 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ April 24, 2011 02:09 pm)

I guess I didn't chose my words properly. I only meant the UK cover is more revealing in the sense that it's more straight forward with the cover with the man with blue aura and katanas - Niten (most likely). The US cover, as always, is like a puzzle that gives you imagery to speculate on and of course do necessary research.

Thats what makes it a bit more fun. The other UK covers did that as well, but with The Warlock, it was only two images. Still an amazing cover

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Quote    Reply   

#252 [url]

Apr 25 11 1:43 AM

QUOTE (ajzennaman @ November 29, 2010 04:28 pm)
A few things:

Upper Left: Looks like a helmet. Probably something to do with Mars, but I can't be sure.

Upper Right: I think these are the two pages of the Codex Josh has right now. As some people said there are lines coming from it that could be rays of power or light. At first I thought that those lines were meant To Represent The Two Sides (Nicholas's and Dee's) struggle to gain control over them.

Lower Left: To me it looks like Marethyu's hook, and I think that the two spirals on either side of it represent the equinoxes.

Lower Right: I don't really think it is actually part of a sarcophagus, but that it was put there just to represent pharaoh's in genreal. Maybe Tutankhamun, Akhenaten/Aten or someone along those lines will appear.

As for the center symbol there is a six-pointed star, or the Alchemical Seal of Solomon. This star was one of the most powerful magical symbols of all time. It combines the Alchemical symbols for fire and water. As the water descends and the Fire Ascends air and earth are created. This seal represents the union of the four elements and the quest for the philosopher's stone.

Also, with the lighting I noticed that on one side the lightning makes the border brighter and even looks a little brighter itself, but on the other it doesn't.
I haven't looked into the bottom Scarab or the rest of the center symbol, but to me the cover looks Egypyian maybe ith some Native American thrown in there.

That's about all I got out of it so far, but I'll keep looking.

The helmet does seem symbolic of Mars. As for the book--while it is most probably the Codex, I have no idea what it means. The hook looked like a scythe to me, which could still point to Marethyu, as his name means death and Death carries as scythe. That it Cronos, because he was killed with a scythe. And the one thing going through my head when I see that pharoah thing is--King Tut!
As for the rest, I'm not even going to try, except to say one word: Aether?

willshakespeare-immortalbard

user posted image
"And you know I never listen to you anyway." ~Will S, The Sorceress.

Quote    Reply   

#253 [url]

Apr 25 11 3:41 AM

QUOTE (Mandragora @ April 20, 2011 11:26 pm)
he is probably wearing traditional samurai armor. That would be the helmet you guys see.

i think that is just Niten's hair, as samurai's had long hair back then. a samurai helmet would be far too bulky than that silhouette. and men from the feudal era didn't all have shaved heads, especially if it was a samurai without a shogun master.

anyway, it looks cool but i do prefer the US cover, much more mysticism.

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

#254 [url]

Apr 25 11 3:02 PM

Omg! Now i don't know what to do...
i wanted the usa cover version and i already had a plan on how to get it but now the uk version appears i just ... love it! and since i'm from Portugal the uk version would be easier for me to get... now i don't know... tell me... what do you think? should i get the uk or the usa version?

Aura color: Still needs to be dicovered
Aura scent: Caramel
Main elements used in battle:Earth and Fire (Sand and Magma)
Ability:two circle tattoos on each shoulder were he is able to concentrate his aura

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#255 [url]

Apr 26 11 2:30 AM

QUOTE (willshakespeare-immortalbard @ April 24, 2011 06:43 pm)
A few things:

Upper Left: Looks like a helmet. Probably something to do with Mars, but I can't be sure.

Upper Right: I think these are the two pages of the Codex Josh has right now. As some people said there are lines coming from it that could be rays of power or light. At first I thought that those lines were meant To Represent The Two Sides (Nicholas's and Dee's) struggle to gain control over them.

Lower Left: To me it looks like Marethyu's hook, and I think that the two spirals on either side of it represent the equinoxes.

Lower Right: I don't really think it is actually part of a sarcophagus, but that it  was put there just to represent pharaoh's in genreal. Maybe Tutankhamun, Akhenaten/Aten or someone along those lines will appear.

As for the center symbol there is a six-pointed star, or the Alchemical Seal of Solomon. This star was one of the most powerful magical symbols of all time. It combines the Alchemical symbols for fire and water. As the water descends and the Fire Ascends air and earth are created. This seal represents the union of the four elements and the quest for the philosopher's stone.

Also, with the lighting I noticed that on one side the lightning makes the border brighter and even looks a little brighter itself, but on the other it doesn't.
I haven't looked into the bottom Scarab or the rest of the center symbol, but to me the cover looks Egypyian  maybe ith some Native American thrown in there.

The helmet does seem symbolic of Mars. As for the book--while it is most probably the Codex, I have no idea what it means. The hook looked like a scythe to me, which could still point to Marethyu, as his name means death and Death carries as scythe. That it Cronos, because he was killed with a scythe. And the one thing going through my head when I see that pharoah thing is--King Tut!

Really? What makes you think of aether? Like I said above, the center is probably the labyrinth. The bug looks Egyptian. I agree with you with the rest, accept the corners of the mask are too sharp for tut. I thought they said tut died. Aten?

Also, I think it is to long for a scythe. It looks more like a hook, or a symatar (spelling?) definitely marythyu

Aura Color: Sun-glow
Aura Scent: Caramel
Magics Mastered: Fire , Water , Earth , Air , Aether , Alchemy , Necromancy, Time , Thought , and The Words of Power
Weapon: The Legendary Staff of Power

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#256 [url]

Apr 26 11 7:26 AM

QUOTE (TheDeathlessLord @ April 26, 2011 03:30 am)

Really? What makes you think of aether? Like I said above, the center is probably the labyrinth. The bug looks Egyptian. I agree with you with the rest, accept the corners of the mask are too sharp for tut. I thought they said tut died. Aten?

Also, I think it is to long for a scythe. It looks more like a hook, or a symatar (spelling?) definitely marythyu

The hook (or sicle) is unquestionably representing Marethyu, and the helmet symbolizes Mars. The top right image is the last two pages of the Codex: maybe we'll see something of Josh and Dee, as they're posessing the Codex now.

As I suggested before, the mask looked more like Aten than Tutankhamon to me, but it's hard to judge by such a small image.
But remember the jade scarab beetle Scatty had? She gave it to the young pharao, but after Tutakhamon's death, she kept it. Also, the scarab was a sacred animal in Ancient Egypt, and it was connected to the rising sun and harmony.

For the central image: lightning might represent energy, and indeed you can see the seal of Salamon, but as it was suggested earlier, it might be Danu Tallis during the battle, and lightning comes from the colliding magical powers of the original twins.

user posted image
Aura: Ocean Scent: Sea Breeze & Athelas
Element: Aether
Weapon: Longsword and a dao or a talwar
To touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.

Quote    Reply   

#257 [url]

Apr 26 11 12:49 PM

QUOTE (TheDeathlessLord @ April 26, 2011 02:30 am)
A few things:

Lower Right: I don't really think it is actually part of a sarcophagus, but that it  was put there just to represent pharaoh's in genreal. Maybe Tutankhamun, Akhenaten/Aten or someone along those lines will appear.

I haven't looked into the bottom Scarab or the rest of the center symbol, but to me the cover looks Egypyian  maybe ith some Native American thrown in there.

All the blue lightning made me think of Aether. I agree with you on everything else. You're awesome at cover interpretation!

willshakespeare-immortalbard

user posted image
"And you know I never listen to you anyway." ~Will S, The Sorceress.

Quote    Reply   

#258 [url]

Apr 26 11 1:46 PM

Guys I just remembered that Minotaur used to live in a labyrinth so probably the Minotaur appears in the book...

user posted image

Aura colour: Orange
Aura scent: Fresh cuted oranges
Elements mastered : Air, Water, Fire and Earth
Other skills: Necromancy

Quote    Reply   

#259 [url]

Apr 26 11 2:53 PM

QUOTE (Thalion @ April 26, 2011 12:26 am)
and the helmet symbolizes Mars.

Well, we've already had a symbol that represents Mars (on the Magician). This helmet looks more Spartan than Greek or Roman. You can Google what they looked like. The elongated nose piece is a pretty distinctive mark.

I've already made my predictions back on page 1 of the thread.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#260 [url]

Apr 26 11 3:45 PM

QUOTE (Silvertwinn @ April 26, 2011 03:53 pm)
QUOTE (Thalion @ April 26, 2011 12:26 am)
and the helmet symbolizes Mars.

Well, we've already had a symbol that represents Mars (on the Magician). This helmet looks more Spartan than Greek or Roman. You can Google what they looked like. The elongated nose piece is a pretty distinctive mark.

I've already made my predictions back on page 1 of the thread.

Indeed it's a Spartan helmet (but Spartans were Greek too:P).

I'd say it represents Mars because of war. He is the god of war. Spartan culture was based on warfare, Sparta was a militarist state. What could suit more the god of war than the armor from a warrior state? On the other hand, Ares is often portrayed with a Spartan helmet. So that's why I think it symbolizes Mars.

(I know these aren't too good reasons...)

user posted image
Aura: Ocean Scent: Sea Breeze & Athelas
Element: Aether
Weapon: Longsword and a dao or a talwar
To touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help