Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Oct 2 08 1:39 AM

Tags : :

Ahh..a bit more of the puzzle! What did you think? Did you see some of the plot twists coming..or did they catch you by suprise? Have you chosen a side yet..or decided who is on what side in the books? Let's hear your ideas!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#1 [url]

Oct 18 08 1:52 AM

Give me a few days to re-read the first then I will head out to Borders to get this one...

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#2 [url]

Oct 18 08 2:12 AM

I liked the action and pace of this book better then The Alchemyst. I still love getting the story from several perspectives. The only problem with that is, it's not that big of a surprise when the giant lizard crashes in the kitchen on Josh and Scatty because we already knew it was coming. I think it would have been better if we'd seen the attack and then got to see the summoning.

I love how Dee totally messed over the Valkyrie to win Josh's confidence though. I think he may turn out to be a really amazing villan!

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#3 [url]

Oct 19 08 12:33 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ October 18, 2008 03:12 am)

I love how Dee totally messed over the Valkyrie to win Josh's confidence though.  I think he may turn out to be a really amazing villan!

Ahh! The Dark One speaks...why am I not suprised to find you enjoying the prospect of a really devious bad guy? My personal favourite part of this book was the introduction of the vampire Comte St Germain and his taking the credit for the Millenium fireworks display in Paris.. flamelssecret/clap3.gif and the double bonus of Jeanne (Joan of Arc), one of my all time favourite heroines of history..and a rather neat explanation of how she escaped being burnt at the stake! I did think that was a master touch!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 19 08 4:28 PM

I agree the addition of Joan of arc was great. she's one of my fave. people in history.
Anyone think Scathach isn't dead, because of how Nicholas reacted to her "drowning". I hope she comes back flamelssecret/pray.gif

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#5 [url]

Oct 19 08 7:43 PM

QUOTE (Blazing star @ October 19, 2008 05:28 pm)
I agree the addition of Joan of arc was great. she's one of my fave. people in history.
Anyone think Scathach isn't dead, because of how Nicholas reacted to her "drowning". I hope she comes back flamelssecret/pray.gif

I have no doubts that Scatty is still alive, vampires in general are pretty hard to dispatch! Since Scatty doesn't need to breathe being swallowed up by water shouldn't really bother her too much! Also, Scatty survived her lengthy ordeals in one of the nastiest shadowrealms, so that's another reason why i don't think she's drowned

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Oct 22 08 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Kyrptos @ October 22, 2008 01:12 am)
At first I thought Nidhogg was like a giant boar like monster. When I read that It was a Lizard I was surprised. flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

So you're not a fan of the Nidhogg then Kyrptos? What did you think about Dagon?

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Oct 22 08 12:45 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ October 22, 2008 12:21 am)
QUOTE (Kyrptos @ October 22, 2008 01:12 am)
At first I thought Nidhogg was like a giant boar like monster.  When I read that It was a Lizard I was surprised. flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

So you're not a fan of the Nidhogg then Kyrptos? What did you think about Dagon?

I do like Nidhogg! I like lizards and snakes, but making a lizard/snake is awesome.

Quitters never win and Winners never quit.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 22 08 1:14 AM

when i use to play Final Fantasy 11 Nidhogg was an extremely hard opponent although ive never fought him heres a video of a fight might catch you're interest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEqzpjEKHdc

its a dragon o-o xD flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 24 08 1:08 AM

QUOTE (Blazing star @ October 21, 2008 07:36 pm)
I though Dagon was interesting. I hope he's in the next book, it seems like he'll have an important role to play in the events to come.

Yeah Dagon really intrested me. Id like to know more about his destroyed species. And yeah, I agree he does look like he will have quite a role in books to come.

Also, on the subject of Nidhogg, heres a cool illustration from a 17th century Icelandic manuscript of him: (It shows him eating at the roots of the world tree, Yggdrasill)

my bad, picture was too big, heres the link: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm.../d3/Nidhogg.png

I have edited your post for you, but next time please refrain from double posting, thanks!

-Mo
The Alchemyst and The Magician are awesome!!

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Oct 28 08 12:43 AM

I read and LOVED this book, and am absolutely CRUSHED that I now have to wait for another!!

So Josh was Awakened, and by Mars, to boot! I'm so glad, but I'm fearful of the path he's taking - he's welcoming it because he wants to be so much more than what he is, and I think he wants that more than he wants to be "back on even ground" with Sophie - and that's so, so dangerous.

I fear for Josh, for the price of his Awakening - what will he have to pay? His life? His family's lives? His sister's life? And while I'm on the subject, Dee "killed" Mars, if I read that correctly - so if his Awakener is "dead," is the price of Josh's Awakening null and void?

And Mars - he was good, once! Oh, I felt for him, when Sophie was telling him what she knew of him through the Witch's memories. I wonder what was between them, what happened.

Those catacombs - full of bones! Very freaky, but still very cool.

Perenelle kicked *censored*! Oh, I love her, I love her, I love her. wub.gif Loved de Ayala's ghost, too.

And while Nicholas definitely has secrets, definitely has an agenda, I find I still trust him. I trust that what he's working for is good. I want to believe the best of people, and Dee is too quick to destroy, too manipulative and demanding to have anything positive to give...so far as I can see, anyway. Regardless of his miniscule grains of truth, his agenda is to be on top of the world, with everyone worshipping him - and that's what keeps me from rooting for him, even a little bit. Yes, Nicholas is keeping things from the twins, Dee was right - but everything else he's said just screams "manipulation!"

When I mentioned the above to my friend, she had this to say: "That's another reason I love these books. The good guys aren't perfect, and the bad guys have elements of goodness in them." And I can see exactly what she means.

Machiavelli - WOW. He is one scary piece of work, yet I was grinning like an idiot when I read that he fears Nicholas, but that nothing else scares him like Perenelle does. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

The Valkyries and their pet - WICKED.

And Joan of Arc!! So, so, so, so SO awesome!!

Poor Scatty - I want her back!

Sophie's combining the elements - which seemed like such a natural idea - and then we learn that they can't be combined!! Well, maybe Sophie didn't know that, so why not? You know? And her eyes, they're changing, remember Josh noticing it? They weren't just blue anymore, they had silver specks in them. I wonder if Josh's will eventually gain gold ones?

Then there was the excerpt from the next book!! Dude, the guy has no aura?! How many people haven't got one? Just general questions - I wonder if it's something rare, or if it happens often, or what? Yet he knows the Magic of Water - very interesting.

Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. - Dumbledore

Listen, I will tell you a mystery! We will not all die, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. ~ 1 Corinthians 15:51-52

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Oct 30 08 12:27 AM

I just read the excerpt from the Magician in the Alchemyst, and I can't wait to get my hands on it!! (Unfortunately, my library does not have a copy......)

I love the fact that he has added Machiavelli to the plot, as he will, imo, make things much more difficult.......Much much more difficult. (Watch me be proven wrong...)

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#16 [url]

Oct 30 08 12:48 PM

So I just finished my read of the magician and i have to say there is so much stuff jam packed into that book. Im most definately going to have to read it again. That being said i really enjoyed it. Much more than the alchemyst. I loved all the new characters joan of arc, st. germaine, mars, the giant spider (blanking on the correct spelling) and machiavelli were all very interesting in their own ways and all very different from one another.
I think of the new characters mars produced the most vivid images in my head. Im really rather upset that he's been killed i thought he was a very interesting character and i do hope at some point we hear more about him.
In regards to the attack by the disir and nidhogg, im really rather surprised josh took off after nidhogg and scatty, after he made it quite clear he didnt trust anyone of the group. I didnt expect that from him. However deep down i think he does truely trust scatty and that this could prove helpful, or maybe even harmful to him in the future. Theres a chance scatty might have her own agenda. Not to mention joan and sophie together are quite a force to be reckoned with. I think we are just seeing the top surface of what sophie can do.
Josh being awakened was quite interesting, I believe he's got a similar issue to sophie and how the witch gave her all her memories, however i think theres more to the gifts that josh received from mars. And i think despite the fact that mars is dead i imagine he's going to have to answer to someone for the dept of being awakened. That being said, he seems like a very intelligent person coming up with ways to combine magic, I think he too is going to be a serious force to be reckoned with.
And onto the most pressing issue. Scatty. I dont believe by any stretch of the imagination that she is dead. We will hear from her again and im guessing at a most interesting time. That being said im pretty sure she either put dagon in his place or option b.) dagon escaped barely with his life but he will return to say he took care of scatty even though he did not, he will possibly say this to throw off josh and sophie.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Nov 2 08 6:55 AM

Wow SpaceCadet, I really like your ideas !
I totally agree, Scatty is NOT gone.
It would be an insult to her memory if she really had died, and there wasn't any closure .
She'll be back

__. ; Kelso Kunitz

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Nov 2 08 3:05 PM

My fear is that the Dagon is gone. He needs to stay he knows stuff that not even Scatty knows so we need him for that information to come up for us. Also I hate Scatty.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#20 [url]

Nov 2 08 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Kочевой волк @ November 02, 2008 04:05 pm)
Also I hate Scatty.

That's a strong statement there Alex, why do you dislike her so much?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help