Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Sep 5 10 8:01 AM

Tags : :

The time for NanoWrimo is fast approaching and we know that last year several members participated, who is considering/ will be taking part this year? Here's a thread for you to talk to each other about it and to encourage each other along, good luck to all who take part, and don't forget to let us know of your progress!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 6 10 4:26 AM

Oh, this is sweet.

And I'm pumped. So Halloween will be planned perfectly so as not to mes something up and be inable to begin directly at 12.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#2 [url]

Sep 6 10 6:51 AM

Ahh.. I'm considering doing this this year.. I've never done it before so it should be interesting to say the least, I doubt I'll make 50 000 words before the deadline but I'm going to try.

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 7 10 5:09 AM

QUOTE (Calliope @ September 06, 2010 02:51 am)
Ahh.. I'm considering doing this this year.. I've never done it before so it should be interesting to say the least, I doubt I'll make 50 000 words before the deadline but I'm going to try.

It's a complete rush, even for those who don't win. I have realized that I also lost because I spent a ton of time ogling the site.

Yes. I don't procrastinate, I just 'get used to the water'. Meaning I procrastinate but not really.

Don't tell anyone.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#4 [url]

Sep 7 10 7:25 AM

I.. I'm weird about it when I write a narrative (most of the time I do poetry). I sort of.. I procrastinate but plan it out in my head as well.. so really when I come to researching and outlining everything I've got a fair bit of the work done in my head already.

I just don't think I can get to 50k words in a month, even though I probably speak more than that in a week. But I won't tell anyone about that procrastination thing if you don't.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 8 10 1:55 AM

I would participate, but it's during school, is it not? I couldn't write a ~3000-4000 word short story in a month during school. I have practically zero free time.

I just realized that "during school" is relative. It's November, right?

user posted image
Aura color: deep chocolate brown Magic scent: cacao
"I've got a Facebook. And I utterly hate the games. I would much rather waste my time spouting useless information and complaining about my life than waste it trying to take care of virtual corn." - silvertouch
"Kai su, teknon?"-Julius Caesar's last words, Greek for "Even you, my child?"

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Sep 8 10 9:16 PM

QUOTE (Romulus @ September 07, 2010 09:55 pm)
I would participate, but it's during school, is it not? I couldn't write a ~3000-4000 word short story in a month during school. I have practically zero free time.

I just realized that "during school" is relative. It's November, right?

Yep. November. Thirty days. 50,000 words. Intense. However, there's also the Young Writers' Program wherein you can set your own word count.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 24 10 4:33 PM

Whats Nanowrimo?

user posted image
"Fairness doesn't mean everyone gets the same, it means everyone gets what they need." -Julius Kane (The Red Pyramid, Rick Riordan)
Aurum est potestas-- Gold is Power!! Aura Color - Mahogany Aura scent - Melting Cheese

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#8 [url]

Oct 24 10 5:38 PM

Hoping to manage to do this this time... Although college applications and the insane amount of schoolwork I've got may shoot me down.

Arg. This should be interesting...

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#10 [url]

Oct 24 10 5:42 PM

QUOTE (mohanbharath @ October 24, 2010 07:33 pm)
Whats Nanowrimo?

Here you go:

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
National Novel Writing Month (also known as NaNoWriMo) is an annual creative writing project coordinated by the non-profit organization The Office of Letters and Light. Spanning the month of November, the project challenges participants to write 50,000 words of a new novel in one month. The project has been running since July 1999 by Chris Baty

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#11 [url]

Oct 24 10 9:20 PM

Not long until NaNoWriMo kicks off now! Good luck to all our members and Mod team members that will be participating, feel free to keep us all updated of your progress and we'll cheer you all on! One word of caution though.. please do not post detailed summaries of your work or links to your piece! Links may be posted once approved by a Mod, but they will only be approved if they are suitable for all ages to read (PG rated).

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 25 10 2:07 AM

QUOTE (Elena @ October 24, 2010 10:42 am)
Whats Nanowrimo?

Here you go:

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
National Novel Writing Month (also known as NaNoWriMo) is an annual creative writing project coordinated by the non-profit organization The Office of Letters and Light. Spanning the month of November, the project challenges participants to write 50,000 words of a new novel in one month. The project has been running since July 1999 by Chris Baty

Thanks Elena!

Unfortunately, I don't get it flamelssecret/confused0058.gif . Is it a contest or something? And how does one enter? Also, what do they do with the work we send in?

user posted image
"Fairness doesn't mean everyone gets the same, it means everyone gets what they need." -Julius Kane (The Red Pyramid, Rick Riordan)
Aurum est potestas-- Gold is Power!! Aura Color - Mahogany Aura scent - Melting Cheese

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Oct 25 10 3:34 AM

Oh, it's not a contest, really. You don't send the work anywhere. It's more like... hmm. A bunch of people collectively challenging themselves to write a novel in a month.

(That said, I've never done it. So if I'm entirely off-base, please correct me. ^^)

user posted image
Aura: Black Scent: Dried Basil
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Oct 25 10 4:23 AM

QUOTE (mohanbharath @ October 24, 2010 10:07 pm)
QUOTE (Elena @ October 24, 2010 10:42 am)
Whats Nanowrimo?

Here you go:

QUOTE (Wikipedia)

Thanks Elena!

Unfortunately, I don't get it flamelssecret/confused0058.gif . Is it a contest or something? And how does one enter? Also, what do they do with the work we send in?

You have a profile/account on their site and upon reaching 50,000 words on your novel (or whatever goal you choose should you do the Young Writers' Program), you paste your entire document in a field that validates your word count and you 'win.' It's based entirely on honor, though, because they don't read anything you send in.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#15 [url]

Oct 25 10 4:40 AM

Hehe.. so I'm thinking I left it a little late.. Eh, I'ma write something anyways... the idea is good enough this time that I'm going to write it regardless.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Oct 25 10 11:58 PM

Ohhh it makes a lot more sense now. Thanks, but I don't think I can be doing it this time around. I've got... other... projects to work on. But thanks for the answers!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#18 [url]

Oct 28 10 12:55 AM

Alright, taking the plunge this year. Officially registered.

This should be interesting....

"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#20 [url]

Nov 2 10 12:17 AM

Same here. Outline written as of last night, and spending a good chuck of tonight writing. Goal is 2500 words by midnight tonight... hopefully.

Good Luck Silver, and to anyone else on the Forum (Hey - anyone else actually doing this?)

Oh, and the NaNo site is lethally slow today... trying to find my way around the Forums there, but failing epically.

Feel free to PM if anyone's interesting in Buddy Listing over at NaNo.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help