Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Sep 5 10 7:49 AM

Tags : :

Last, but not least of your requests, a thread for you all to discuss your hobbies not covered by the music, writing, reading, gaming and films threads
Are you a scrapbook fan? A budding jewellery designer? A cartoon illustrator? A sports fan? Maybe you take part in amateur dramatics/ local theatre? Share your love of your hobbies with your forum friends, you may find they enjoy them too!
Normal forum rules apply, and before anyone posts it.. alcohol consumption & clubbing is not a suitable all ages topic!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 5 10 12:03 PM

Well one of my biggest hobbies these days is writing my own piano covers of popular songs. I use my keyboard so multiple back beats can be used for the pop-ish kind of songs, but for certain songs that are meant to be like, beautiful and stuff, I would use my grandfathers grand piano to get that authenticity. For example, Airplanes by BOB I do on the grand piano, but when I play pokerface, I use the keyboard. It's really time consuming and it's feels so good when you get a song just right.

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#2 [url]

Sep 5 10 1:26 PM

So, my oldest and biggest hobby is reading. At the age of 9, I've read something like 150 books, or more, as I remember.
Others... I like taking photographs. Mostly of clouds, or, if I'm near to the sea, then of the waves. I really like reading about or learning history (ancient ages are my favorite, or WWII). It's quite strange, but I really like swords (and some of the daggers).

user posted image
Aura: Ocean Scent: Sea Breeze & Athelas
Element: Aether
Weapon: Longsword and a dao or a talwar
To touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.

Quote    Reply   

koen3456

Spellcaster

#3 [url]

Sep 5 10 2:28 PM

Let's see, I love reading as well. I had to get a new book case because they wouldn't fit anymore. I'm currently stealing all kinds of books from my parents. And just like Thalion I like history, for the biggest part the ancient history. Like Maya's, Inca's, Egyptians etc. All the interesting civilizations.

user posted image

Aura: White/green tinted
Scent: Grass

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#4 [url]

Sep 5 10 2:49 PM

Yes, yes. When I was a child (well, I still am ), I used to read a lot about Egyptian and Pre-Columbian history. Now I'm more interested in Roman and Greek culture, but Mr. Scott's books encourage me to learn more about the Aztec culture.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 5 10 3:41 PM

My hobbies... first and foremost, I'm a writer. I write for my school's online newspaper, and I'm currently writing a novella-ish story, which I plan on pitching to Tor (an online fantasy magazine) before the end of the year.

I play piano, I love origami, and I'm thinking about taking up knitting... if I have the patience and manual dexterity necessary... XD

user posted image
Aura: Black Scent: Dried Basil
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Sep 5 10 4:46 PM

My hobbies.... tubing, swimming, knitting, I want to learn piano, origami, baking, stamp collecting, drawing, watching movies, listening to music, and of course, the forum and reading!!

user posted image
"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart."
Alan Alda

Aura: Raincloud Grey Scent: Fresh Rain mixed with Lilac
Favorite Element: Air, Earth

Quote    Reply   

Gabrielle

Spellcaster

#7 [url]

Sep 5 10 5:40 PM

My hobby that will never change: reading. I read fairytales and folktales when i was kid, then romance and mystery when i was pre-teen and now fantasy, myths and history... My major now in college only encourages me more to read: English Literature.
I have other hobbies too: listening to music and watch movies. I love classical music and songs with beautiful lyrics. And oh, i sometimes act in a theater too... To think about it again, all of my hobbies related to stories... O_O

user posted image
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me” ~C.S. Lewis

Aura: cream Scent: honeysuckle

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#8 [url]

Sep 5 10 7:08 PM

My hobbies.. hmm.. First of all I love reading. I try to read everyday (except when I have exams when there's no time ) I find it relaxing. I also like, listening to music, and I absolutely LOVE photography.

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Sep 5 10 8:22 PM

My number one hobby is sculpting. I like to make 3D versions of video game characters. I'm one of the few boys at my school who cares about art. I love reading about greek mythology. flamelssecret/read.gif I drew a picture of Clarent and Excalibur the twin blades of fire and ice i plan to upload them to the website

user posted image
Aura Color: Ash Gray Aura Scent: Cinnamon Magic Element: Fire Magic Specialty: Magician
"And let me remind you that the last time we met, your followers attempted to sacrifice
me to activate an extinct volcano. Naturally, I was a little upset."- The Magician, Chapter Forty-Five

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 6 10 12:45 AM

Hobbies, hobbies. I love to listen to upbeat music while laying completely still. It helps me relax and calm down; I call it my music coma.

Also, I enjoy listening to music while reading, if the music doesn't distract me too much from the plot of the story.

Un-music or reading-related hobbies of mine include swimming in the public pool, drawing people or horses, or playing with our 3 cats.

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Apprentice

#11 [url]

Sep 6 10 1:44 AM

When I was a kid, my hobby was running around in circles around my dog... XD

Anyways, my hobbies right now is drawing (I got a Deviant art account C: If you want to know the link and see it, PM me C: ), playing the piano, reading and critiquing my friend's works (lol, I want her to be better than me in drawing XD )

I'm planning to draw Josh and Sophie
but I guess it might take time. flamelssecret/wall_.gif

~May~

user posted image
Learn how to Die in Yourself. Dying to Yourself for the sake of others.

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#12 [url]

Sep 6 10 5:41 PM

Does anyone like cartoons?
I love Garfield - along with drinking coffee. Coffee is like water to me. Maybe I'm addicted to it. Anyway, I love Garfield, Calvin and Hobbes, and the old classicals.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

koen3456

Spellcaster

#13 [url]

Sep 6 10 5:57 PM

Yeah I like cartoons I like garfield as well and Donald Duck and a Dutch/Belgian cartoon called Suske and Wiske. I love them especially the Donald Duck.

user posted image

Aura: White/green tinted
Scent: Grass

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#14 [url]

Sep 7 10 8:48 AM

I.. don't know where to start... Reading is a sort of pre-requisite... not really a hobby for me since I've doing from about three.

I do a lot of artsy stuff.. painting and drawing in general (at one stage I was going to be a cartoonist for my old school newsletter but that never happened due to some weird turn of events). Right now I have like three canvases just waiting to be filled, a few sketchbooks, and I really want to try drawing Cernunnos walking through the streets of London to attack Pally and Shakespeare's fort (you all know the scene I mean.)

I like "composing" music.. but I have a problem when it comes to writing it down. It's not that I can't read/write it, I just can't get what's in my head to translate onto the page and my piano playing isn't at the point that I can play everything I write (it's weird). I play piano, a bit of guitar and some (very basic) drums... I used to play flute but we're talking a very long time ago here. I also sing and am capable of acting, did dance for a while but right now am kind of un-co.

I'm getting quite good a photo-editing and some basic graphic design. I really want to get a camera and get into photography but right now due to lack of "fundage" I cannot afford one. (Also, a random tidbit: I like taking photos, I'm the last person you'll ever see in one though.)

I also knit and crochet. I kinda like getting into philosophical and existential arguments late at night, actually just arguing in general is something I fin fun. And finally, I write.

So obviously -- I don't sleep much.

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Sep 7 10 3:12 PM

QUOTE (Thalion @ September 06, 2010 05:41 pm)
Does anyone like cartoons?
I love Garfield - along with drinking coffee. Coffee is like water to me. Maybe I'm addicted to it. Anyway, I love Garfield, Calvin and Hobbes, and the old classicals.

I love cartoons! We jokingly call my sister's female cat Garfield because of her excessive eating habits and overlarge stomach. I love it when a cartoonist captures the essence of cat within a comic. It makes me laugh even when it is the simplest of jokes.

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Sep 7 10 4:27 PM

It's nice to be associated with so many interesting people. I have a lot of weird hobbies lol.

Of course I love reading, when I go to the library I feel completely at ease, I have so many books that I need another bookcase(my bf hates this by the way...the man cannot read well and he doesn't understand how I can read for hours. but he has agreed to make me a cherry bookcase lol)

I collect swords, knives and daggers. I have a very very nice samurai sword that my bf found for me in Shanghai, it is a womans sword and hand painted and lacquerd. I cried when he gave it to me. I am a very good archer and I love wooden longbows/recurves. I have a handmade longbow and handmade arrows that I love to use for target practice. I love anything with antiquity really, and I can spend hours in antique shops.

I am also an artist. I went to the AAA in Chicago and I mostly love to use oil/acrylic and charcoal as my medium. I am trying to improve my skills in watercoloring so I can start chinese calligraphy. As an artist you never stop learning or seeing things from so many perspectives and thats why I love that I was blessed with this skill.

I also love horror movies, I have a wide range of taste in music, I like really scary video games: silent hill, fatal frame, bio-shock, rules of rose, left for dead ect..there really is too many interests of mine to list. These are just a few

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Sep 7 10 4:28 PM

I really like watching old black and white horror movies with my friends in the middle of the night. Especially when the budget was obvious...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#18 [url]

Sep 7 10 4:43 PM

QUOTE (Mandragora @ September 07, 2010 05:27 pm)
I collect swords, knives and daggers. I have a very very nice samurai sword that my bf found for me in Shanghai, it is a womans sword and hand painted and lacquerd. I cried when he gave it to me. I am a very good archer and I love wooden longbows/recurves. I have a handmade longbow and handmade arrows that I love to use for target practice. I love anything with antiquity really, and I can spend hours in antique shops.

Something in common!

You're colllecting swords??? How many? Which types? Which ones do you like?

Archery... I should try it. But I'm rather into swordfighting, and there's (as I know) no possibility for that. flamelssecret/crying.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Sep 7 10 7:13 PM

I love archery, and capture the flag and kickball..... AND Broom-ball

user posted image
"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart."
Alan Alda

Aura: Raincloud Grey Scent: Fresh Rain mixed with Lilac
Favorite Element: Air, Earth

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Sep 7 10 8:00 PM

QUOTE (Thalion @ September 07, 2010 04:43 pm)
QUOTE (Mandragora @ September 07, 2010 05:27 pm)
I collect swords, knives and daggers. I have a very very nice samurai sword that my bf found for me in Shanghai, it is a womans sword and hand painted and lacquerd.  I cried when he gave it to me. I am a very good archer and I love wooden longbows/recurves. I have a handmade longbow and handmade arrows that I love to use for target practice. I love anything with antiquity really, and I can spend hours in antique shops.

Something in common!

You're colllecting swords??? How many? Which types? Which ones do you like?

Archery... I should try it. But I'm rather into swordfighting, and there's (as I know) no possibility for that. flamelssecret/crying.gif

samurai swords are my favorite. I have a lot of world war 1/2 pocket knives and I have a fighting dagger from India...its ancient lol not sure how ancient tho, it has 2 very tiny hidden knives inside of the hilt. My bf collects broad swords and flails we have them hanging on our walls lol. I would like to get my samurai sword appraised one day because I am not sure of its origin I don't think its Japanese. my bf found it at an antique shop in Shanghai.

What about you Thalion? What is your favorite piece?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help