Remove this ad

#121 [url]

May 6 11 2:34 AM

For the forum members who are old enough to remember , does anyone remember playing Myst? I was only in preschool when it came out. It was the best-selling computer game in history until The Sims knocked it off the top spot in 2002.

I discovered the series October of last year and am currently on the last one, Myst V: End of Ages, and hope to join in the multi-player online game Myst Online: Uru Live once I get caught up. The people there at Cyan Worlds are geniuses.

If you decide to play it, be warned: it's not for the impatient. You'll need to use your brain and some common sense to solve some puzzles in order to progress. I guess you could probably say that its in the vein of The Apprentice and The Awakening games here. Go check it out! It should be on Steam or Good Old Games.

user posted image
The Enchantress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
May 22, 2012 | Official Fan Site | Official Author's Site

Aura: Purple.........Scent: Cinnamon.........Elemental Magic: Earth and Water.........Specialty: Magician and Warlock

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#122 [url]

May 6 11 2:39 AM

QUOTE (phvolt220 @ May 05, 2011 08:34 pm)
For the forum members who are old enough to remember , does anyone remember playing Myst? I was only in preschool when it came out. It was the best-selling computer game in history until The Sims knocked it off the top spot in 2002.

I discovered the series October of last year and am currently on the last one, Myst V: End of Ages, and hope to join in the multi-player online game Myst Online: Uru Live once I get caught up. The people there at Cyan Worlds are geniuses.

If you decide to play it, be warned: it's not for the impatient. You'll need to use your brain and some common sense to solve some puzzles in order to progress. I guess you could probably say that its in the vein of The Apprentice and The Awakening games here. Go check it out! It should be on Steam or Good Old Games.

I remember myst! I used to play a lot as a kid but got no where, for some odd reason i found it when i was on break from college some years back and played it and actually got pretty far, until i got to the piano challenge, but because im so unbelievably tone deaf i couldnt do it.

Quote    Reply   

#123 [url]

May 6 11 2:49 AM

I remember that one... most say that it's the hardest puzzle in the game, but I guess I got through it only because I knew how to read music. If you ever get around to playing it again, I'd be able to lend a hand, as well as other fans on YouTube.

The storyline and the plot is excellent, more than the standard for a video game series, almost like it could be a novel. I guess that's why the game designers also wrote 3 prequel books based on the games as well. One of them is in the process of maybe getting made into a movie, so people might be seeing D'ni on the big screen soon! flamelssecret/hyper_.gif

Myst: The Book of Atrus
Myst: The Book of Ti'ana
Myst: The Book of D'ni

user posted image

Aura: Purple.........Scent: Cinnamon.........Elemental Magic: Earth and Water.........Specialty: Magician and Warlock

Quote    Reply   

Jef

Sorcerer

#124 [url]

May 7 11 4:49 PM

QUOTE (Sparticle @ April 25, 2011 06:02 am)
Indeed I do! My friend got me hooked on the original Tales of Symphonia, and I definitely had to get the second one when it came out for the Wii They both have such great story lines, and hours upon hours of game play.

QUOTE (Jessica B @ April 25, 2011 03:37 pm)
~raises hand~ I have a weakness for Pokemon as well lol! Although, I remember when there were only 151 Pokemon and typically only play the first Pokemon games lol

Oof, I'm not the only one,
My little brother was furious with me when I finished his pokemon white game from fourth badge 'till end in one night, hahaha!
I still remember the day I got my gameboy as if it was yesterday... flamelssecret/goodsigh2.gif

QUOTE (Pierulestheworld @ April 26, 2011 07:06 pm)

I play Pokemon too. Im almost done with Black and i just finished Diamond after having it and losing it for 3 years.

I also like those Lego ____ games. I really wanna get the HP one. Though my brother will never let me go on his Xbox.... 

My Diamond version is now, somewhere in some vacuumcleanerbah of some roommaid of some skihotel somewhere in France
I mocked the whole 10 hour journey home back then... : "Nooo! My Empoleon!..." flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

user posted image
ABILOST: Part 1: The land across the Ginungagap / Chapter 1:The tale without a beginning
Now Garm howls loud, before Gnipahellir, the fetters will burst, and Fenrir run free;
Much do I know, and more can see, of the fate of the gods, the mighty in fight.
~Völuspá; stanza 44
Scent: Strawberry / Aura:Azure / Magic: Purgatory Fire / Weapon: Runes

Quote    Reply   

Zero

Apprentice

#125 [url]

May 9 11 4:54 AM

Just finished Crysis 2 and returned it to gamestop, put all my money on F3AR i CANT WAIT

@Jef: Lol that Empoleon thing reminds me of when i had a pokewalker and i accidentally got it wet at the beach, i turned it on and it got fried, i had a dumb look on my face then in front of everyone yelled "NOOOO PIKACHUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!"

** Please do not use the @ form of reply outside of the General Chat 3 thread as per COC. You have been told this before. Zephfire**

Aura Color: [TBA]
Aura Scent: Black Cherry (Changes sporadically)
Master of the Elements of Darkness and Shadow

"They say living well is the best revenge, but Stabbing works just as well"
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Jef

Sorcerer

#126 [url]

May 9 11 3:03 PM

My brother lost a pokewalker with a shiny lugia on it
They better should've called it pokésearcher

user posted image
ABILOST: Part 1: The land across the Ginungagap / Chapter 1:The tale without a beginning
Now Garm howls loud, before Gnipahellir, the fetters will burst, and Fenrir run free;
Much do I know, and more can see, of the fate of the gods, the mighty in fight.
~Völuspá; stanza 44
Scent: Strawberry / Aura:Azure / Magic: Purgatory Fire / Weapon: Runes

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#127 [url]

May 9 11 3:13 PM

QUOTE (phvolt220 @ May 05, 2011 10:34 pm)

I actually have a copy of Myst 1 for PC and Myst 3 for PS2. I've played Myst 1 almost all the way through... I love the world with the piano puzzle lol and as for Myst 3, I haven't started playing it yet. I discovered the series in 2001 or 2002 by playing Myst 1 on PS1... Not a recommended copy of the game. And I do agree, it's not for the impatient

Aura: Red
Scent: Cinnamon
Magic Element: Fire

Quote    Reply   

Zero

Apprentice

#128 [url]

May 10 11 10:48 PM

Anyone play any of the Persona games? Thems is the best rpg's there is!

Aura Color: [TBA]
Aura Scent: Black Cherry (Changes sporadically)
Master of the Elements of Darkness and Shadow

"They say living well is the best revenge, but Stabbing works just as well"
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#129 [url]

Jun 6 11 10:30 PM

theres a remake of halo 1 coming out for xbox 360 flamelssecret/hyper_.gif
hal 4 also

Anyone here play any of the Fable games? I've only ever played the second one, and I can't wait for the third one.

i love fable

im deciding either fable or assassins creed brotherhood

"Fire is the most power full of all magics<---- " --Comte De Saint Germain ( Francis)
aura color: light red aura smell: pomegranates
Magics Mastered: water and Fire..........Kind: Magician..........Magics Learned: All
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#130 [url]

Jun 7 11 4:13 AM

im trying to get a new game but im not sure what to get? i like RPG games and games like Little Big Plant (ftw best game EVER), and superhero and fighting games. So i was thinking Infamous 2, anyone know if its good? or the new Mortal Kombat but i've never played that franchise, any thoughts people?

user posted image

Aura:Sky blue......Scent: Dried Basil
Element:Earth.....Weapon: Blowgun
Status in World:King of The Dryads

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#131 [url]

Jun 7 11 6:15 AM

I would like to throw the minecraft discussion bomb out there. Brace yourselves!

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#132 [url]

Jun 8 11 4:23 AM

Haha, I'm pretty stoked that Minecraft is coming to the 360, but I've already been playing the beta on the computer, so I doubt I'll get it.

This makes me feel really old school, but I'm quite excited for the new Rayman Origins game. I love the original games (not the rabbits stuff), and the first Rayman game I played was the second one on the Playstation 1. I was addicted, and I still don't think I've beaten it! I'd love for Ubisoft to remake all the old games in HD as well.

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#133 [url]

Jun 8 11 6:29 AM

Wait, Minecraft is going to 360?! YES!! My laptop has a hard time running it (which is extremely odd, since it's ASUS and practically brand spanking new and has an nVIDIA GEFORCE graphics card and tons of other stuff), so this is perfect!!

I dunno if this has been mentioned, but Halo 4 anyone? Whatever happened to "Okay, we're done with Halo now"?

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#134 [url]

Jun 10 11 7:30 PM

I just want to stop by and take the time to say, "Wii U?" Nintendo, seriously? flamelssecret/crazy.gif Oh well, maybe it'll get better as time goes on... but man, that controller sure looks clunky.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Elycia

Sorcerer

#135 [url]

Jun 10 11 7:34 PM

A Wii is pretty good, I have one and I like it
as long as you remember to turn it off, if not it costs to much

user posted image
Aura:White
Scent:Rosemary
Mistress of Water, Air and Earth

Quote    Reply   

#136 [url]

Jun 10 11 7:46 PM

Hey Elycia, I fear you may have misunderstood me.

I very much like the Wii; it was revolutionary in bringing motion gaming to the video game industry. I actually own one and take very good care of it. wub.gif LOL

I was actually talking about the successor to the Wii, the Wii U. Nintendo unveiled their new console this past Tuesday at the E3 Expo. Although I have my own thoughts about the name, I think it's just an OK successor to the Wii. My biggest complaint is about the new controller, which basically has an over 6-inch touchscreen in the middle. It essentially looks like a big tablet with buttons, which makes it look a little bulky.

However, all the controllers for the Wii will still be compatible; the Wii Remote, Nunchuk, Classic Controller Pro, etc. aren't saying goodbye just yet.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#137 [url]

Jun 11 11 4:49 AM

I think it will bring new interesting gameplay! i like how it interacts working against people on the wii remotes (if you red/see the game demo's featured for the Wii U) its cool how you see a view no one else sees! it might be succesful?

user posted image

Aura:Sky blue......Scent: Dried Basil
Element:Earth.....Weapon: Blowgun
Status in World:King of The Dryads

Quote    Reply   

#138 [url]

Jun 12 11 4:49 AM

I'm not really sure how I feel about the Wii U. I can see some potential uses, but I guess it also depends on what kinds of games their going to be making for it. Apparently the graphics are supposed to be better than the Wii's, so there's going to be a chance that there will be more third party games. I'm glad that Skyward Sword is still going to be for the Wii though

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#139 [url]

Jun 12 11 8:19 PM

wii is in my opinion overrated.

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#140 [url]

Jun 12 11 9:25 PM

Going in the Motion gaming theme does anyone play the Move for PS3, I have it and it's pretty cool.

user posted image
"After all this time?" Always...
Aura: Dark Purple & Dark Green...... Scent: Cave Mud...... Element:Fire

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help