Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Sep 5 10 7:30 AM

Tags : :

As requested here is a thread for you all to chat about your favourite bands and music tastes, normal forum rules apply so no posting links, photos etc please! If you are quoting lyrics please make sure they are PG suitable and make sure to include the song title and band name.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 5 10 7:33 AM

Ooh, this is so awesome...

So I am in love with Hayley Williams and Paramore in general. And I cannot stand Airplanes, so...

Emilie Autumn is my other favorite, but she's probably PG-13/R if you're going to look her up.

And Snow Patrol. My beloved The Planets Bend Between Us.

Oh, and I just found this awesome band called My Terrible Friend.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

koen3456

Spellcaster

#2 [url]

Sep 5 10 8:15 AM

Yeah, a music thread! I was just listening to Journey with Don't stop believing though I don't like too many songs of them this one is great ;D And of course the Dutch band BLØF who I think are great.

user posted image

Aura: White/green tinted
Scent: Grass

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#3 [url]

Sep 5 10 9:04 AM

Oh, music topic, great!

I have plenty of favorites. I played chello for six years, so I really like the classical music (even the mediaval music - I love that! flamelssecret/dance.gif ). My favorites are Mozart (of course), Debussy, Chopin, but also others like Wagner or Bach. I can listen to nearly everything of the 20th century, I like the music of Scott Joplin. My favorite bands are Muse (the first band I ever liked), Battlelore, Blind Guardian (I love folk metal), Apocalyptica (chellos, metal - should I say more? ), Three Days Grace (Adam's voice is great), Billy Joel (he is simply awesome) pretty much of Breaking Benjamin, some of Placebo, the Grenma (a Hungarian band), and I fell in love with the song Closer to the Edge by Thirty Seconds to Mars. I also like some of Taylor Swift's songs.

user posted image
Aura: Ocean Scent: Sea Breeze & Athelas
Element: Aether
Weapon: Longsword and a dao or a talwar
To touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#4 [url]

Sep 5 10 11:20 AM

MUSIC!!!!! flamelssecret/hyper_.gif

Okay.. on a more serious note.. I'm a little eclectic. Classically (although not strictly limited to "Classical" period music), I like Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikosvky, Satie... anything really. I'll listen to some opera (I really love "Carmen".. like.. seriously...) Um, then there's some Medieval stuff before that that's ok... I really quite like this french singer at the moment, Camille, and St Germain is alright as well. Um.. artists/bands.. I listen to some Incubus, Billy Joel, a little of the earlier Lauren Hill stuff, I really like Robin thicke and The Idea of North, The Butterfly effect and Metallica are okay... and some Trapazoid (who pretty much no one has heard of... for those that want to know, just look up "Matt Trapnell").

As far as styles go, I will listen to anything -- although country music is left for when I'm really desperate for some form of sound other than my own thoughts... and even then it's a very difficult decision. I do not like country music. Basically, what you see outlined here is my musical taste in it's barest, most skeletal detail. I could go on for days pretty much, so I thought I'd spare you all.

EDIT: OMG I forgot to mention Jazz.. Right now I'm really into Kurt Elling.. but I really like any jazz (Herbie Hancock's compositions are really hot...) and fusion-jazz, as well as fusion-classical music (like hip-hop remixed Tchaikovksy) are really cool too.

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#5 [url]

Sep 5 10 11:31 AM

Tchaikosvky and Beethoven... Just epic. I love the 1812 Overture wub.gif

I like country (the good ones), along with jazz and blues. Rather jazz. One of the most relaxing musics.

Carmen is a huge favorite of mine.

Billy Joel, huh? We have something common!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#6 [url]

Sep 5 10 11:34 AM

Hehe.. I wouldn't be surprised if we like a lot of the same stuff.. I listen to a lot of music.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

koen3456

Spellcaster

#7 [url]

Sep 5 10 2:24 PM

I like some of the classics as well Debussy, Beethoven. I love the song three days in a row from Anouk it's just brilliant! I really don't like metal or rap though. But really I like lot's of different kinds of music and genres. I just bought Mohombi with Bumpy ride on Itunes.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 5 10 2:31 PM

I listen to popular music, like California Gurls and things like that, but I also like the music that my dad plays in the car ( i don't know what to call it ) and I like listening to Yiruma, and Joe Hisaishi (he does the music for Studio Ghibli movies... love him! wub.gif )

user posted image
"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart."
Alan Alda

Aura: Raincloud Grey Scent: Fresh Rain mixed with Lilac
Favorite Element: Air, Earth

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#9 [url]

Sep 5 10 2:36 PM

Totally.. Hisashi is the bomb (I'm trying to learn the theme from Howl's Moving Castle...) And Yiruma is cool.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 5 10 2:39 PM

I like listening to Kiss the Rain by Yiruma more than any of his other songs.... cause it sounds like the song Katniss sang to Rue as she was dying in the Hunger Games.

user posted image
"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart."
Alan Alda

Aura: Raincloud Grey Scent: Fresh Rain mixed with Lilac
Favorite Element: Air, Earth

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

saphira243

Spellcaster

#11 [url]

Sep 5 10 2:43 PM

someone besides me loves yiruma! i love the song "river flows in you" it sounds like bella's lullaby in Twilight

user posted image
I am the Master of Night. I'm that feeling your being watched.
Aura color: Sapphire Aura scent: ice

Quote    Reply   

Thalion

Sorcerer

#12 [url]

Sep 5 10 2:52 PM

Yiruma is good... It's good to see that others like classical music too.

@koen: I don't like rap either, and I like just a few of the metal bands. I'm not really into that headbanging-very hard-oh-we-are-so-kicking-butts style.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

saphira243

Spellcaster

#13 [url]

Sep 5 10 2:54 PM

i like paramore also, but i think thats considered alternative right?

user posted image
I am the Master of Night. I'm that feeling your being watched.
Aura color: Sapphire Aura scent: ice

Quote    Reply   

koen3456

Spellcaster

#14 [url]

Sep 5 10 3:13 PM

QUOTE (Thalion @ September 05, 2010 02:52 pm)
Yiruma is good... It's good to see that others like classical music too.

@koen: I don't like rap either, and I like just a few of the metal bands. I'm not really into that headbanging-very hard-oh-we-are-so-kicking-butts style.

Indeed, I don't like rap because I can't find it in myself to like it. To me it sounds cheap, it's like talking but faster and on a melody (Sorry rap lovers ). I just don't like it. Just listening to Dido with White flag

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#15 [url]

Sep 5 10 3:20 PM

Listening to Fragile, by Sting, right now.. hey.. Ok, I know you don't like rap and to be honest some of it is quite bad.. but if you are forced to listen to some, instead of listening to it a thinking about how it just sounds like people talking really fast, what about thinking about what they are saying? I know that most rap sounds bad these days.. but there are some songs out there that are written quite well.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

koen3456

Spellcaster

#16 [url]

Sep 5 10 3:27 PM

That's true most of lyrics are pretty good but I'd suggest putting them under some nice melody with a good singer and make a good song but it's mostly just a matter of taste I think.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Sep 5 10 3:53 PM

I've found my home! *ahem*

We Were Promised Jetpacks and Frightened Rabbit are my top two favorite bands at the moment, both out of Scotland. (I can't resist the accent!) I have a few singles each, but lack the funds to buy their albums. *sigh*

I love Kaki King to absolute pieces. She's this amazing guitarist who composed all the guitar solos in the movie August Rush. She's fantastic. ^^

The Furze is good too, Ferocious Few, and The Gang (good luck finding them)...

As for bands other people have heard of (^^) I like Nirvana, Linkin Park, some Radiohead, Rob Thomas, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, The Killers... though I guess most of these are over the PG rating, so if you don't know them, google at your own discretion.

And, to finish... YAY! MUSIC THREAD!

user posted image
Aura: Black Scent: Dried Basil
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Sep 5 10 5:46 PM

my favourite band is Lincoln Park

user posted image
Aura Color: Ash Gray Aura Scent: Cinnamon Magic Element: Fire Magic Specialty: Magician
"And let me remind you that the last time we met, your followers attempted to sacrifice
me to activate an extinct volcano. Naturally, I was a little upset."- The Magician, Chapter Forty-Five

Quote    Reply   

Gabrielle

Spellcaster

#19 [url]

Sep 5 10 5:48 PM

Wow~ It's good to know there are many people also like classical music!!!
I love Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky and especially Rachmaninoff...!
I love Japanese music too... Akiko Shikata, Kokia, Haruka Shimotsuki and Yui are my favorite singers... My favorite Japanese composer is Kajiura Yuki. I love her instrumentals music...
The west ones? Westlife, The Fray, BEP and Avril Lavigne...

user posted image
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me” ~C.S. Lewis

Aura: cream Scent: honeysuckle

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Sep 5 10 5:55 PM

Do you know Nana Mizuki ?

She is a japanese singer and she sings the opening of Rosario + vampire and anothers anime !

I don't understand what she says but i like her !

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help