May 14 11 2:58 PM

**This forum is now closed to new posts to prevent spoilers. Zephfire.**

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#42 [url]

Jun 2 11 10:18 AM

This is a flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif all posts in this thread may contain spoilers from The Warlock.

If you have not read The Warlock and do not wish to see spoilers then you should leave this thread now as we have given you clear warning that this thread will contain spoilers.

Quote    Reply   

JLB

Sorcerer

#43 [url]

Jun 2 11 12:16 PM

He perplexes me, we know that he opted for letting the destruction of Danu Talis by letting Marethyu go, but he also is a supposed Dark Elder, who wanted to have the mobsters on Alcatraz. I have two ideas about it, one is that he didn't realize how much destruction would be done to the world, the other is that he's "undercover" possibly spying on the dark elders.

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#44 [url]

Jun 2 11 1:49 PM

QUOTE (JLB @ June 02, 2011 06:16 am)
He perplexes me, we know that he opted for letting the destruction of Danu Talis by letting Marethyu go, but he also is a supposed Dark Elder, who wanted to have the mobsters on Alcatraz. I have two ideas about it, one is that he didn't realize how much destruction would be done to the world, the other is that he's "undercover" possibly spying on the dark elders.

The elders to me have a very complicated relationship. It seems if they all have a common enemy than everything is good and they all focus on that, but if there is not common enemy they are one big dysfunctional family that argues and fights with one another over their vastly varying opinions, and often flop back and forth or so it seems as with what Aten did.

Im not sure that Aten is spy, I honestly think he had a change of heart and felt that Marethyu had a point about Danu talis. That's not to say though that he didnt have another change of heart down the round and flop back to the dark elder side. But who knows maybe Aten realized that Danu Talis needed to fall for the dark elders to be able to rise again in the future. flamelssecret/idk.gif

Quote    Reply   

SOTINF

Apprentice

#45 [url]

Jun 2 11 2:50 PM

If Sophie and Josh aren't the Original Twins, I'm pretty sure Aten and Anubis are.

Since there's no Bastet thread and she's their mother I'd thought I'd post it here: It seems Bastet is a Great Elder, an interesting twist though I never saw any sort of power from her on the scale that we were led to believe that Great Elders possessed.

Aura: Pure White
Aura Scent: Freshly Brewed Coffee
Elements: Earth and Fire
Magic: Sorcery and Necromancy

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#46 [url]

Jun 2 11 3:50 PM

QUOTE (SOTINF @ June 02, 2011 04:50 pm)
If Sophie and Josh aren't the Original Twins, I'm pretty sure Aten and Anubis are.

Since there's no Bastet thread and she's their mother I'd thought I'd post it here: It seems Bastet is a Great Elder, an interesting twist though I never saw any sort of power from her on the scale that we were led to believe that Great Elders possessed.

Interesting theory, I never thought about Aten being one of the Original Twins!

By the way, there's a thread for every character, here's Bastet's :click here:.

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jun 2 11 3:54 PM

The original twins were male and female, weren't they? If I'm right, Aten and Anubis can't be the original twins.

user posted image
Aura color: Dark green
Aura scent: Pine
Element: Lightning

Why is "weird" an insult when we all spend our lives striving to be weird? /bonesiii/

Quote    Reply   

SOTINF

Apprentice

#48 [url]

Jun 2 11 4:43 PM

I don't think it's ever been stated the Originals were. It's been said the new Legendary Twins have to be male and female, and there have been allusions to the fact that there was an important girl who looked like Sophie (though I think it actually is Sophie) on Danu Talis at the fall but it's never been explicitly stated they were male and female.

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#49 [url]

Jun 2 11 4:46 PM

Come to think of it, Mr. Scott confirmed that the original twins were male and female. Here's his post:

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ April 11, 2010 02:06 pm)
QUOTE (Perseus @ April 10, 2010 06:32 pm)
Not sure if this has been asked or even if you can answer it but what is the genders of the Original Twins Of Legends? and you dont need to specifcally say the moon is a girl or such just a Man and Women would suffice

Male and female.

Michael

But guys, let's get back to Aten please. flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

SOTINF

Apprentice

#50 [url]

Jun 2 11 4:50 PM

Ok, so Aten is not one of the Original Twins.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#51 [url]

Jun 2 11 5:38 PM

Agreed on the interest with Aten - a few things to consider here. We know that he employs Machiavelli, and is supposedly a "Dark Elder" - albeit that we know almost nothing of his or even Mac's doings over the centuries.

He also has a relationship with Billy's elder, Kukulain - having saved him in the past when Danu Tallis falls. The revaluation that he's in charge of Danu Tallis (by all indications) is big. His son, as Mac tells us in the Necromancer, is Tutankhamen (King Tut), who Scatty associates with.

But this line, which Kukulain mrntions Aten saying as they escape is particularly telling to me -

He shared his food and water with me, and when I despaired, he regaled with me tales of the World That Was and the World to Come. He taught me that out of the destruction of Danu Talis a new world would form—a world neither better nor worse than the one which had been destroyed.

Considering Maretyu's conversation with Aten, that makes sense. And implies to me that he is less of a Dark Elder - he seems to side with the Humani.

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jun 2 11 8:33 PM

Wasn't Tutankhamen a humani? How could Aten have a humani if he is an Elder? It's like Mars having Remus and Romulus.

Aura Color: Magenta
Aura Scent: Chocolate Raspberry
Element: Water

Quote    Reply   

kdbvols

Spellcaster

#53 [url]

Jun 2 11 11:48 PM

I also don't think he is as powerful in "modern" times as he was on Danu Talis- I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have let Isis and Osiris boss him around when he was in the "past"

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jun 2 11 11:53 PM

QUOTE (poeyfurry @ June 02, 2011 03:33 pm)
Wasn't Tutankhamen a humani? How could Aten have a humani if he is an Elder? It's like Mars having Remus and Romulus.

ooohhhhh... it's kind of like how could Isis and Osiris be the twins real parents if they are Elders and the twins are humani

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jun 3 11 1:04 AM

Aten was very interesting. I really liked his office and I can't wait for the final battle on Danu Talis to take place. He's going to play a very big role in it.

"No one knew why. He didn't even know why. But there was something about that sight of a soul so powerful that he would not give up fighting until all of his fears and nightmares were dead . . . until every single scream in the night had been muffled and turned into laughter . . . something about that sight struck him as admirable."
-Mordred

Quote    Reply   

SOTINF

Apprentice

#56 [url]

Jun 3 11 1:57 AM

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have let Isis and Osiris boss him around when he was in the "past"

I think they did. From the convos about them on Danu Talis, it seemed to me they were the real rulers, they just weren't overt about it. Bastet made it seem like everyone's loyalties truly lied with Isis and Osiris, not Aten and I think we all know that a monarchs power results purely from the loyalty of his people.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Jun 3 11 3:06 AM

Depends on what they are offered as payment, too. flamelssecret/dance.gif

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Perseus

Spellcaster

#58 [url]

Jun 3 11 3:09 AM

another reason why he could have changed to a dark elder that hasn't been discussed is that at the fall of danu tallis he was just starting to change and we know that many of them go mad so after 10000 years he could have had a major change or went very very mad

user posted image
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.
Aura Color Maroon...... Aura Scent Ozone......Elemental: Aether

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Jun 3 11 4:12 PM

flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif i know this is a little off topic, but did you know that aten isn't a god in egyptian lore, he is the literal sun itself.

Aura: Gray
Aura scent: Ash
"there is no good or evil, only thinking makes it so"

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jun 3 11 5:43 PM

That's interesting. So Aten is literally the throne of Ra?

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help