Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Jul 31 10 3:27 AM

Tags : :

Here, as promised, is your first look at the ebook cover for the soon to be released Death Of Joan Of Arc and it's release details, thank you Michael! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Release date: August 24th 2010

ISBN #: 978-0-375-89992-8

Format: Ebook

Price: 99 USA cents

To the best of my information it's a timed release and will only be available to buy for two weeks, so don't miss your chance to buy and keep it! We will remind you at release time too.
Here's a synopsis from Random House:
QUOTE (Random House)
  Joan of Arc was not burned at the stake in Rouen, France in 1431.  She was rescued from certain death by Scathach the Warrior.
Th truth about that day is revealed in the last will and testament of William Of York, and it will leave you wondering: Does Joan of Arc still walk the earth?
Michael Scott's first-ever ebook exclusive short story delves into the world of the bestselling series - The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel and offers readers a never-before-seen lost story  – the story of two warriors who would become sisters.

user posted image

There is another thread for discussing the story, please keep in mind that not all members have read this yet! So keep the discussion about the story's details to the "I've finished The Death Of Joan Of Arc!" thread please!
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

The Will

Sorcerer

#1 [url]

Jul 31 10 4:19 PM

it comes out the same day school starts. I wanted a whole day to digest it.

aura: Blue Smell:Cofee
user posted image
Art is dead. So people think you're funny? How'd you get those peoples money. ~ Art is Dead

#2 [url]

Jul 31 10 4:42 PM

Okay, this sounds really cool. I want to buy! I want to buy! flamelssecret/sFun_drool2.gif

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#5 [url]

Aug 1 10 2:31 PM

QUOTE (Icarus von Clausewitz @ August 01, 2010 06:21 am)
is it exclusively in ebook format??

>> would be great to have an actual book..

Yes, it will only be available in ebook format for the moment. There are no plans that I know of to make it available in a printed form in the near future. Although i'm sure Michael will let us know if that is likely to change.

#6 [url]

Aug 1 10 7:51 PM

OH cool, thanks!

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#8 [url]

Aug 1 10 9:04 PM

QUOTE (Prometheus II @ August 01, 2010 03:20 pm)
could we open an ebook on the PC if we don't have the digital book ??
I'm kind of new at this

yes they typically come in pdf format. When they did the alchemyst ebook free for a week i was a pdf so I imagine this will be the same.

#9 [url]

Aug 3 10 3:01 PM

YAY!!!! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

yes they typically come in pdf format. When they did the alchemyst ebook free for a week i was a pdf so I imagine this will be the same.
I really hope sp because i dont have an digital reader either...

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#10 [url]

Aug 3 10 4:21 PM

QUOTE (Cutelittlepenguin @ August 03, 2010 10:01 am)
YAY!!!! flamelssecret/clap3.gif
I really hope sp because i dont have an digital reader either...

this is a list of the different ebook formats available, pdf is one of the formats.

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display...928&view=ebform

Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Aug 3 10 8:08 PM

I can't wait to read this. And so cheap too! Excited excited excited!!! I can scrunge up 99 cents, I think. This is so cool.

user posted image

#12 [url]

Aug 5 10 5:24 PM

"What! Joan of Arc dies! Nooooo! flamelssecret/crying.gif "

... That was my general reaction when I read the name of this message. Then I watched a funny youtube video to calm myself down and finally read the message itself.

Anyways, it's awesome that Michael is writing about great side characters in the story. Now all we need is a book about Scathach and my life will be complete. I guess I should first finish the Necromancer before I dream that far into the future.

#13 [url]

Aug 11 10 10:17 PM

How long is it? Is it a similar length to the books in the series? Is it important to the main storyline? Sorry for the abundance of questions!

Aura: Red
Scent: Strawberries
Master of Fire

user posted image

Elena

Immortal

#14 [url]

Aug 11 10 10:27 PM

QUOTE (AntoinAvestus @ August 12, 2010 01:17 am)
How long is it? Is it a similar length to the books in the series? Is it important to the main storyline? Sorry for the abundance of questions! 

It's a short side story (12 pages) about Joan of Arc and Scatty. It is useful to the main storyline I believe, more like a background story of Scatty and Joan, still based in the flamel world with many interesting facts about them.

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#17 [url]

Aug 14 10 2:28 PM

QUOTE (MsDevil258 @ August 14, 2010 03:54 am)
So it's a e- book but is released as papreback too ? if it's a e- book oly i cant read it :S

its an ebook only but it comes in many formats including pdf which you can read on any computer, you just need a program called adobe acrobat reader which is free.

#18 [url]

Aug 19 10 12:55 PM

I really,truly can't wait for the Death Of Joan of Arc. Itd the only eBook im looking forward to right now.

user posted image
Aura Color: Bronze
Scent: Apple Pie

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#19 [url]

Aug 24 10 12:18 PM

The Death of Joan is NOW AVAILABLE!

You can buy your copy HERE

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help