Remove this ad

Apprentice

#21 [url]

Aug 30 10 3:49 AM

Where can I purchase this e-book in pdf format?

Aura: Red
Scent: Cinnamon
Magic Element: Fire

Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#22 [url]

Aug 30 10 4:10 AM

QUOTE (Jessica B. @ August 30, 2010 04:49 am)

I believe that Barnes and Noble offer a few different formats on their website, if I can find a more definite answer for you i'll post a link.

Apprentice

#23 [url]

Aug 30 10 5:02 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ August 30, 2010 12:10 am)
QUOTE (Jessica B. @ August 30, 2010 04:49 am)

I believe that Barnes and Noble offer a few different formats on their website, if I can find a more definite answer for you i'll post a link.

Thank you, Zephfire

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#24 [url]

Aug 30 10 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Jessica B. @ August 29, 2010 10:49 pm)

Actually, there is nowhere, I've found, that is selling the book in a true .pdf format.

The closest thing to pdf you're gonna get is a .acsm file. Which is an Adobe Digital Reader file. All you have to do is download the free program to view.

Apprentice

#25 [url]

Aug 31 10 12:49 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ August 30, 2010 07:36 am)
QUOTE (Jessica B. @ August 29, 2010 10:49 pm)

Actually, there is nowhere, I've found, that is selling the book in a true .pdf format.

The closest thing to pdf you're gonna get is a .acsm file. Which is an Adobe Digital Reader file. All you have to do is download the free program to view.

Thank you for your help, hitmanjls

#26 [url]

Sep 4 10 10:52 PM

i Hope it comes in printed form because if it does i will buy it imediately flamelssecret/hyper_.gif flamelssecret/read.gif

user posted image
Aura Color: Ash Gray Aura Scent: Cinnamon Magic Element: Fire Magic Specialty: Magician
"And let me remind you that the last time we met, your followers attempted to sacrifice
me to activate an extinct volcano. Naturally, I was a little upset."- The Magician, Chapter Forty-Five

#27 [url]

Oct 11 10 1:23 AM

I'm hoping it will be printed too (all this technologiky stuff makes my brain hurt flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif )

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

#28 [url]

Oct 11 10 7:37 AM

I had a dream last night: I was in a bookstore and I found it displayed with lots of The First Codex (Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Books 1 to 3 Boxed Set). In addition to the first three books of the series, included inside the box is a printed version of The Death of Joan of Arc. That just sent me drooling in my sleep... flamelssecret/sFun_drool2.gif flamelssecret/sFun_drool2.gif flamelssecret/sFun_drool2.gif

user posted image

#29 [url]

Oct 13 10 6:38 AM

QUOTE (Archon14 @ October 11, 2010 01:23 am)
I'm hoping it will be printed too (all this technologiky stuff makes my brain hurt flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif )

me too!!! flamelssecret/pray.gif

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

#30 [url]

Oct 13 10 7:49 PM

QUOTE (Archon14 @ October 10, 2010 07:23 pm)
I'm hoping it will be printed too (all this technologiky stuff makes my brain hurt  flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif )

While there are no plans for a printed version right now, there is always hope for the future

Per Mr Scott....
However, when I write enough short stories for the Lost Tales, then perhaps it will appear in a printed book.

user posted image

Aura: Dark Orchid
Aura Scent: Wild Lilac

Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Nov 3 10 10:28 PM

Since e-books are not exactly the tsunami the money men wish they would be, it would be nice if authors would refrain from e-book only exclusives. They exclude about four fifths of the fan base and almost resemble a subtle corporate blackmail to invest in a technological luxury we really don't need or, the market seems to demonstrate, want. Please publish The Death of Joan of Arc in REAL print format soon. Thanks.

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#32 [url]

Nov 3 10 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Karris @ November 03, 2010 11:28 pm)
Since e-books are not exactly the tsunami the money men wish they would be, it would be nice if authors would refrain from e-book only exclusives. They exclude about four fifths of the fan base and almost resemble a subtle corporate blackmail to invest in a technological luxury we really don't need or, the market seems to demonstrate, want. Please publish The Death of Joan of Arc in REAL print format soon. Thanks.

Karris, please read your 'Welcome' PM, this is a forum whose ethos is friendly, positive discussion, the tone of your post is far from either of those principles.
Michael does not choose the format of the releases, that is down to the publishing company, it is the publishing house that you need to address on this matter.
As it happens, there were very many fans, and many of our members who were extremely happy to have an ebook release as it means they can take it with them and read it on the ereaders. They were also happy at the very low cost, printed books are naturally more expensive, furthermore, the members here enjoyed the privilege of being able to read that story for free on our sister website, the Portal.
I do not know where your figure for four fifths of the fan base not being able to read it came from, that is certainly not our experience at all.

#33 [url]

Nov 4 10 1:36 AM

just an fyi, I there are ereader apps you can download dor your pc so you dont really need an ereader, Thats what i did,

user posted image
Aura: Emerald
Scent: Sage

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#34 [url]

Nov 4 10 2:03 AM

QUOTE (Alchemist92 @ November 03, 2010 08:36 pm)
just an fyi, I there are ereader apps you can download dor your pc so you dont really need an ereader, Thats what i did,

Yes and there is a wide range of formats so even if you dont have an ereader you are still able to read death of joan of arc.

#35 [url]

Nov 5 10 9:29 AM

i've just read The Death of Joan of Arc and it is AWESOME!!! Thank you, Michael for writing this, i hope there are more shorts to come! flamelssecret/bow.gif

#36 [url]

Nov 7 10 12:32 AM

Is it only a kindle thing?

user posted image
Aura:Red Scent:Lemon
Knowing others is intelligence Knowing your self is true wisdom
Mastering others is strength Mastering your self is true power
Element:Wind & Earth Weapon: Runes, Marks, Swords

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#37 [url]

Nov 7 10 1:41 AM

QUOTE (Jordan20113 @ November 07, 2010 01:32 am)
Is it only a kindle thing?

No, it's not Kindle only. It's not available in printed format but the purchase sites do have it available in formats that can be read on your computer some also offer free software downloads if you do not have the correct reader for the format they have.

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#38 [url]

Nov 7 10 4:56 AM

QUOTE (Karris @ November 03, 2010 10:28 pm)

I see that Zephfire has already responded to you, but let me add this. Authors make very little money from digital editions, or ebooks. The Death of Joan was published .99 cents. My share of that is, as you can imagine, tiny.

Authors also have very little control how their work is published, or in what format. I do not decide hardback, paperback, A, B or C format, or digital. That is entirely up to the publishing company.

However, as a member of the forum, you would have had the opportunity to download the short story on two separate occasions.

And this Christmas, I hope to be able to offer another story exclusively to the Humani of Flamel's Secret.

Let me also add that digital editions are not the future, they are happening now. I believe that digital and paper will co-exist for a long time, and that books will appear in both formats. The tipping point for digital editions has already happened and we are now seeing sales of digital editions outstripping print editions for certain titles. In Japan, digital now regularly outsells paper. James Patterson and Stieg Larsson have sold over a million downloads on kindle - without impacting on their paper sales.

Michael

#39 [url]

Nov 8 10 2:36 AM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ November 07, 2010 04:56 am)

And this Christmas, I hope to be able to offer another story exclusively to the Humani of Flamel's Secret.

Weee! i'm so looking forward to this!

Spellcaster

#40 [url]

Nov 9 10 1:40 AM

I didn't read it!!!!! flamelssecret/crying.gif I can only get it if it comes out in paper-back. Will it??? Im begging you flamelssecret/pray.gif ...wait that's pray...Is there a beg???

Aura Colour: Blue
Scent:Lilies

user posted image

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help