Jan 12 11 3:14 AM

It would be cool ti have merchandise

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zero

Apprentice

#42 [url]

Jan 12 11 10:51 AM

Im just gonna bump my roleplaying idea, many people here want to be able to act out their own fantasies in this vast world that Mr. Scott has created

Aura Color: [TBA]
Aura Scent: Black Cherry (Changes sporadically)
Master of the Elements of Darkness and Shadow

"They say living well is the best revenge, but Stabbing works just as well"
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#43 [url]

Jan 12 11 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Zero @ January 12, 2011 11:51 am)
Im just gonna bump my roleplaying idea, many people here want to be able to act out their own fantasies in this vast world that Mr. Scott has created

We have spoken to Michael in the past about role-playing and I have to agree with him on this point:
We've looked at many role playing sites for the likes of Harry Potter etc, and in general they're really not very pleasant to read. It seems sad that the 'players' do not respect the characters that the author takes so long to create and so many times they have the characters doing unbelievably violent things, or seek to take the characters well into adult rated romantic behaviours. Michael does not want this to happen to his characters, especially Josh and Sophie who are only teens.
For those very pertinent points of concern and out of respect for his wishes, we will never feature, nor endorse role-playing of the characters on this site, or any other.
I hope that explains it well for you.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Jan 12 11 2:09 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ January 12, 2011 07:56 am)
QUOTE (Zero @ January 12, 2011 11:51 am)

We have spoken to Michael in the past about role-playing and I have to agree with him on this point:
We've looked at many role playing sites for the likes of Harry Potter etc, and in general they're really not very pleasant to read. It seems sad that the 'players' do not respect the characters that the author takes so long to create and so many times they have the characters doing unbelievably violent things, or seek to take the characters well into adult rated romantic behaviours. Michael does not want this to happen to his characters, especially Josh and Sophie who are only teens.
For those very pertinent points of concern and out of respect for his wishes, we will never feature, nor endorse role-playing of the characters on this site, or any other.
I hope that explains it well for you.

I agree. I've been on tons of HP roleplaying sites, and all of the characters are OOC. It would have ruined these books for me. Thanks!

I second the merchandise thing, I would love a flamel tee-shirt!

user posted image
Aura: Pure Cerulean Blue Scent: Old Spice Specialties: Water Magic and Sorcery

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jan 12 11 11:14 PM

The roleplaying thing could work out if we just dont use characters? We could just have an alchemical war by coming up with types of ways to use the elemental magics and stuff like that? Just minus the book characters and leave the magic? Is this confusing? Please let me know if you get what i am saying because i know what i am trying to say but i cannot say it so it is not confusing...

I also cannot take credit for the merchandise thing because i got it from somebody earlier in the thread

Aura Color: Lime Green
Aura Scent: Basil
Magics Known: Earth
Titles: Warlock, Necromancer

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#46 [url]

Jan 12 11 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Tainted @ January 13, 2011 12:14 am)
The roleplaying thing could work out if we just dont use characters? We could just have an alchemical war by coming up with types of ways to use the elemental magics and stuff like that? Just minus the book characters and leave the magic? Is this confusing? Please let me know if you get what i am saying because i know what i am trying to say but i cannot say it so it is not confusing...

I also cannot take credit for the merchandise thing because i got it from somebody earlier in the thread

No, sorry I'm just not willing to entertain any ideas on role play on this site. As proven earlier this evening in the General Chat thread, despite me saying we'd have no role play on this forum members then took it upon themselves to introduce Potter role play here, and this isn't a role playing nor a Potter site! The COC was ignored during that role play, with members using outsized text, different fonts and insulting other members, all extra work for me and my Mod team. That absolutely confirms my decision not to permit any role play.

Merchandise is something we're looking at but that requires investment, and since we charge no fees here that will mean us paying for it ourselves first!

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jan 12 11 11:32 PM

Alright sorry Zephire I understand...

How about a live chat so the forum users can chat live instead of flooding a general chat thread?

Aura Color: Lime Green
Aura Scent: Basil
Magics Known: Earth
Titles: Warlock, Necromancer

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#48 [url]

Jan 12 11 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Tainted @ January 13, 2011 12:32 am)
Alright sorry Zephire I understand...

How about a live chat so the forum users can chat live instead of flooding a general chat thread?

It is an idea that we have looked at in the past, however that would require a mod being present every hour of every day to ensure the COC was being kept, which is a near impossible task as we all have jobs and families that need a share of our time too!

Quote    Reply   

Zero

Apprentice

#50 [url]

Jan 12 11 11:46 PM

*sad but agreeing face*

Aura Color: [TBA]
Aura Scent: Black Cherry (Changes sporadically)
Master of the Elements of Darkness and Shadow

"They say living well is the best revenge, but Stabbing works just as well"
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Jan 14 11 3:40 AM

It would be nice to have a fan-made roleplay (based on the series of course) in this forum... But then again, there are rules and plenty of difficulties if we were to make one. flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

Aura color: Soft pink.
Scent: Cherry Blossoms and Sweet Pea.

Quote    Reply   

JLB

Sorcerer

#52 [url]

Jan 15 11 9:01 PM

I'm sorry if there already is one, but is there a thread about the black aura? Like who might have one and why?

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Jan 22 11 1:23 AM

Something like a dictonary with the definitions of every single creature, character, place, Etc, etc, that Michael Scott mentions in the series, theres so many creatures mention on the books that i can't remember and that would be helpful for eveyone.

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#54 [url]

Jan 23 11 1:27 AM

QUOTE (Atlantis @ January 21, 2011 09:23 pm)
Something like a dictonary with the definitions of every single creature, character, place, Etc, etc, that Michael Scott mentions in the series, theres so many creatures mention on the books that i can't remember and that would be helpful for eveyone.

I second this Atlantis

For merchandising... I have 2 ideas on how to raise money for the merchandising. Idea 1: Gather up people interested in working on the merchanding, designs, etc and create fundraisers to help.
Idea 2: This one is less likely, but perhaps charge a small fee for members to view a small portion of the forum (an off topic, a little more lenient section would probably work best). I've seen this method used to raise funds to actually run a forum larger than this one.

Aura: Red
Scent: Cinnamon
Magic Element: Fire

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jan 24 11 9:31 AM

Since the forum has catered to the readers and writers, each having their own "corner" so to speak, I'd like to see an artist corner, maybe even a film or computer/digital corner. For people to talk about their projects or show off their latest work. Or to discuss topics related to them.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#56 [url]

Jan 25 11 10:20 AM

QUOTE (Silvertwinn @ January 24, 2011 10:31 am)
Since the forum has catered to the readers and writers, each having their own "corner" so to speak, I'd like to see an artist corner, maybe even a film or computer/digital corner. For people to talk about their projects or show off their latest work. Or to discuss topics related to them.

We cannot host film/video on this forum as it makes the forums prone to freezing and causes tremendous load times. And as for images, well, we provide the fan art section on the portal for just that purpose! Which is better because we can show the images there in high resolution and at greater size than we can here.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Jan 25 11 2:33 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ January 25, 2011 02:20 am)
We cannot host film/video on this forum as it makes the forums prone to freezing and causes tremendous load times. And as for images, well, we provide the fan art section on the portal for just that purpose! Which is better because we can show the images there in high resolution and at greater size than we can here.

Well, you wouldn't have to host any of the images, we could just link them. :shrug: There is a writers forum section while there is a fanfiction section on the site. I thought there could be sections that we could talk specifically about our artistic projects.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#59 [url]

Feb 6 11 10:48 PM

QUOTE (JLB @ February 06, 2011 11:41 pm)
Could we please have a thread for discussing The Adventure to Immortality?

You have one, Game play questions...and chat, is the thread, that's why I've been moving your game play chat from General Chat over to there for the last couple of days

Quote    Reply   

JLB

Sorcerer

#60 [url]

Feb 6 11 11:01 PM

All right, I wasn't exactly sure if that was just the only place to put chat and that was really just for questions, or if it was for chat and questions.

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help