Remove this ad

Sorcerer

#61 [url]

May 2 11 8:38 PM

i guess the blue and goldenrod?

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#64 [url]

Nov 8 11 5:23 PM

Straight from the desks at Random House UK, we have our first look at the re-design for the covers of the first four books, with our first look at The Warlock to follow soon!
It's great to return to covers in keeping with the USA covers with the wonderful artwork by Michael Wagner. The details are all highlighted in metallic foiling and they really catch the light to beautiful effect.
All the new style issues feature exclusive new features at the front, as well as a link to our online Codex!

Thank you for the images RHUK!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#66 [url]

Nov 9 11 12:01 AM

That is a really nice work.. flamelssecret/innocent.gif

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#67 [url]

Nov 9 11 2:01 AM

flamelssecret/Agreed.gif
These covers are pretty.
They are basically the same as the US covers but the tweaks in the arrangements make a pleasant effect.
The lightnings coming off from the center shield instead of the center icon also looks neat and uniformed.
But what I like most about these covers are the quotes below the center shield. It speaks of the theme of the books. flamelssecret/clap3.gif I wonder what will be written on The Warlock and The Enchantress...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#68 [url]

Nov 20 11 7:54 PM

Fresh from the desks at Random House UK here we have the new cover for The Warlock to complete the set. What do you think of it?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#69 [url]

Nov 21 11 3:30 PM

"All could be lost forever..."
So, that answers my question. flamelssecret/clap3.gif

I love the feature that they follow a pattern. I am obsessed with uniformity and this new design makes me flamelssecret/sFun_drool2.gif

I also like the number on the spine. It would look wonderful when they were stacked together on a shelf. flamelssecret/hyper_.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

May 5 12 3:56 PM

I thought the same thing about the number on the spine. It helps people decypher the series order if they haven't read them. About the UK covers, I personally prefer the US ones. I think the cover are really cool, but look much like any other series (and I wouldn't read a book with a spider on the front due to arachnophobia.) the US covers are more mysterious looking Thats why I picked up the books in the first place all those years ago. Lol

Quote    Reply   

#71 [url]

May 23 12 1:01 AM

The UK covers are awesome, but I personally really like the US covers

user posted image
"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart."
Alan Alda

Aura: Raincloud Grey Scent: Fresh Rain mixed with Lilac
Favorite Element: Air, Earth

Quote    Reply   

#72 [url]

May 25 12 3:40 AM

Any pics of the UK Enchantress Covers...?

user posted image
Aura: Dark Grey
Scent: Chocolate Cake
I have been Awakened. I am a master of Air... Fire... Water... Earth... Time... I am an apprentice to an Immortal...

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Jun 21 12 9:55 PM

QUOTE (noclly @ May 24, 2012 11:40 pm)

Seconded! I'm sure someone has a UK hardcover copy. I'm interested on what is depicted on the cover and the overall background color...

user posted image
The Enchantress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
May 22, 2012 | Official Fan Site | Official Author's Site

Aura: Purple.........Scent: Cinnamon.........Elemental Magic: Earth and Water.........Specialty: Magician and Warlock

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#74 [url]

Jun 22 12 8:47 AM

QUOTE (phvolt220 @ June 21, 2012 09:55 pm)

Seconded! I'm sure someone has a UK hardcover copy. I'm interested on what is depicted on the cover and the overall background color...

I've seen one though I can't take a picture. It follows the look of the re-released books and it's in the same silvery-gray of the Enchantress US hardback.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#75 [url]

Jun 22 12 1:43 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ June 22, 2012 03:47 am)
QUOTE (phvolt220 @ June 21, 2012 09:55 pm)

I've seen one though I can't take a picture. It follows the look of the re-released books and it's in the same silvery-gray of the Enchantress US hardback.

There's an image on amazon UK but its kind of small, and when you click to enhance it gives a book preview with the US cover, but this will give you a little idea of what it looks like

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Enchantress-Se...40372405&sr=8-1

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help