Remove this ad

Sorcerer

#21 [url]

Jul 4 10 2:30 AM

It looks like the logo in top center is based on the Flamel Official Fansite logo, to a degree that is

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Jul 4 10 4:03 PM

They are really, really cool. If I had never seen the rest of the series, I would love these with all my heart, but in the back of my mind I still see the originals...

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#23 [url]

Jul 6 10 8:50 PM

QUOTE (outofsighted @ July 03, 2010 09:30 pm)
It looks like the logo in top center is based on the Flamel Official Fansite logo, to a degree that is

Interesting.... Should I be flattered??

In this case, maybe? flamelssecret/idk.gif

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#24 [url]

Jul 6 10 9:32 PM

QUOTE (outofsighted @ July 04, 2010 12:30 pm)

Hey yeah! I still like portal one better... but at least it's some form of advertising. If someone sees that on the portal and recognises it from the series.... it could bring in a lot of site users. That's one thing to be positive about.

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Jul 6 10 9:55 PM

Interesting.... Should I be flattered??

Are you quite sure they didn't - sort of - steal your idea? It looks way too similar to be a plain coincidence... Did they ask for your permission?

user posted image
The Enchantress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
May 22, 2012 | Official Fan Site | Official Author's Site

Aura: Purple.........Scent: Cinnamon.........Elemental Magic: Earth and Water.........Specialty: Magician and Warlock

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#26 [url]

Jul 7 10 12:15 AM

I agree that our portal logo (designed by Hitman) that we've been using for approaching 2 years and the circle image on the UK covers have some similarity but I do think to accuse them of stealing the idea could have potential legal issues so please be careful with your words there!

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#27 [url]

Jul 7 10 7:49 PM

I was speaking totally by sarcasm earlier guys! lol

They have artists that are far heads and shoulders greater than I! and they do a wonderful job!

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#28 [url]

Jul 8 10 2:08 PM

Although Hitman, your art is rather awesome looking.

Although yours fits better with the US covers.

I suppose the question is if we'll get o have both covers to speculate about for the Warlock and Enchantress...

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Jul 8 10 5:55 PM

I think the US cover is way more adequate for these books, it's attractive styles related to magic and it's symbols are more fit to the fantastic writings...
Before I ever heard of the series the cover was the first thing to attract my attention...

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#30 [url]

Jul 12 10 2:28 AM

QUOTE (Sca_thach_Fan @ June 26, 2010 10:40 pm)
November??? Really? ah well. Stephen King will pass the time.

EDIT: is there an Alchemyst UK cover that we can see yet???

yes, here are all 4

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#32 [url]

Jul 16 10 8:55 AM

Nothing wrong with these covers. UK edition looks good.

I own all the books with the US covers and the first book in icelandic, but that copy has the same cover as in US.

l8tr

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#33 [url]

Jul 18 10 9:14 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ July 07, 2010 03:49 pm)
I was speaking totally by sarcasm earlier guys!  lol

They have artists that are far heads and shoulders greater than I!  and they do a wonderful job!

Your logos are great. I know i'm late(pardon the rhyme) but i love the new logo for the site... and i see all the past logos on the FB* page

*facebook

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#36 [url]

Jul 24 10 3:31 AM

I must find a victim- I mean a good friend to buy me these covers.. I can't afford to buy anymore copies of the same books again! XD I have 4!

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#39 [url]

Jul 24 10 6:34 PM

The publishing team at Random House UK were very kind and sent me a set of the UK releases, and I have to say, whilst I am a big fan of the mystery level of the USA covers...the colours on these covers when you see them is really striking and vibrant! The Alchemyst is especially stunning!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jul 24 10 6:58 PM

Congrats Zeph! I'd love to have people randomly send me awesome books. They look nice as a set, but I still like the American covers better.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help