Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Jun 24 10 10:38 PM

Tags : :

OK guys, two more of the UK covers have now been released, we're just waiting to see what The Alchemyst will look like now! What are your thoughts of the three we have so far?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 24 10 10:44 PM

i think it will be.. well taking into consideration how those three look, it will look like those just a different color and different backgrounds..

user posted image
"At the time, King Herbert felt that to remain safe, the kingdom needed and effective intelligence force."
"An intelligent force?"
Not intelligent. Intelligence. Although it does help if your intelligence force is also intelligent." - Ranger's Apprentice, Book 1

Aura Color - White......Aura Scent- Hydrogen Peroxide

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 25 10 2:37 AM

I still think they look too much like every other young adult book on the market. I'd probably never picked it up, especially with Areop-Enap on the cover. (Arachnophobe.) The whole reason I even bought the Alchemyst was because of the cover.
They don't allude to the story, they put it on display. I still don't like them.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 25 10 7:54 AM

Now you see the other books it looks way better.. Is that a spider in the lower left corner from The magician??

user posted image
Aura color: Lime Green Aura Scent: Burnt Corpses Elements Masterd : Fire & Water
I have recieved the gift of foresight

- Before all else, be armed.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#6 [url]

Jun 25 10 10:59 AM

As a set, they work... but I think the UK covers are falsely advertising the series... the covers are obvious in their ideas whereas the series isn't. I like it as a set, but I still like the US covers better.

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

trick

Apprentice

#7 [url]

Jun 25 10 6:57 PM

I kind of like those better then the USA covers even though you can tell more of the story from the ones you see on amozon

user posted image
Aura:Blue..........Scent: Static Electricity..........Magic:Water and Ice. And can predict most peoples fate.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 25 10 9:43 PM

I agree with what many of the others have said-I like them as a set, but I prefer the US covers because of the colors used and the symbols that are used to represent different parts or characters in each book.

user posted image
Aura color:Bright Red/Dark Green
Aura scent: Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 26 10 7:27 PM

QUOTE (LunaAquaVirgo @ June 25, 2010 02:43 pm)
I agree with what many of the others have said-I like them as a set, but I prefer the US covers because of the colors used and the symbols that are used to represent different parts or characters in each book.

Like a lot of people before me, I don't like it. No offense intended to the people who made them-- I'm sure they put a lot of time into these, if AM's time to make signature banners is any indication, and they have to create these images themselves...-- but you have to look REALLY closely to gather even the smallest hint about the story, and the cover of the NF series is what sparks the whole forum into action ( flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif , but does anyone know when the Warlock cover is going to be released? We might be able to settle some of the theories that are running wild over this forum...), and these covers reveal next to nothing about the stories. The covers are, well I hate to say this after knowing how much work they put into this, but the covers are cliche...

These people are flamelssecret/crazy.gif changing the cover... I flamelssecret/crying.gif for the poor people in the UK and Ireland... but they can still come onto the forum and see the US covers... flamelssecret/badmood.gif

user posted image
"Fairness doesn't mean everyone gets the same, it means everyone gets what they need." -Julius Kane (The Red Pyramid, Rick Riordan)
Aurum est potestas-- Gold is Power!! Aura Color - Mahogany Aura scent - Melting Cheese

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#11 [url]

Jun 26 10 8:34 PM

QUOTE (mohanbharath @ June 26, 2010 08:27 pm)
( flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif , but does anyone know when the Warlock cover is going to be released? We might be able to settle some of the theories that are running wild over this forum...),

To the best of my knowledge our first look at The Warlock's cover will hopefully be around November

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jun 27 10 4:53 AM

I am not sure...they really give the books a different feel. Any idea why they are so drastically different?

While the saying goes "don't judge a book by its cover"...I know many people who decide on a book simply based on their reaction to the cover. These covers do give a bit more of an inkling to the lay person that the stories are mystical in nature...and may draw in a another group of readers that has so far passed by this wonderful series.

I agree with others that the original covers give more of a true feeling of the series, but then we all KNOW the series so they make sense to us and we are ready to pull apart and analyze all the details, but we have a place to start. These new covers may give a new reader the feeling of being engaged in the story before even opening the book.

user posted image

Aura: Dark Orchid
Aura Scent: Wild Lilac

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 30 10 6:32 PM

I mean they are nice but...... i dunno they seem a bit odd. I like the US cover better. Nice layout though

Aura colour: Blue Aura Scent: Tulips
Girl
Lives in the UK 

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#15 [url]

Jun 30 10 6:40 PM

i agree with Silvertwinn.

i definitely like the US ones better, with their codex look. these covers look cool but NOTHING will beat the US covers

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 30 10 10:19 PM

They're nice... but the US covers are better.

user posted image
"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart."
Alan Alda

Aura: Raincloud Grey Scent: Fresh Rain mixed with Lilac
Favorite Element: Air, Earth

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#18 [url]

Jul 2 10 9:17 PM

Ohh interesting cover! I see the bridge..and the crows ( I think)..It seems like these covers have clues for the story too but just in ..a different way. More straightforward.

I like it!

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jul 3 10 12:09 AM

Nice cover...

You're getting hints of the whole story on these covers just like the old ones, but in a different way.

user posted image
The Enchantress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
May 22, 2012 | Official Fan Site | Official Author's Site

Aura: Purple.........Scent: Cinnamon.........Elemental Magic: Earth and Water.........Specialty: Magician and Warlock

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jul 3 10 8:15 PM

I say that each different cover has their strengths and weaknesses
The UK ones haave more special effects to it and have some aspects from the story in them. The ones we are used to have the 4 symbols in the corners that give little hints that you have to think about.

I prefer the US ones.

"No one knew why. He didn't even know why. But there was something about that sight of a soul so powerful that he would not give up fighting until all of his fears and nightmares were dead . . . until every single scream in the night had been muffled and turned into laughter . . . something about that sight struck him as admirable."
-Mordred

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help