Remove this ad

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#21 [url]

Jun 22 10 1:04 PM

Still prefer the original covers... part just familiarity, part just it doesn't ring "Flamel Series" to me.
Not sure I'm a fan of the fonts - am hugely behind the US covers, these look kinda odd almost.

It's nice, but not sure if I'd like to have it.

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Jun 22 10 1:55 PM

I like it, though I agree with what others have said, it gives the books a bit of a different feel. But will look nice sitting on the shelf with the others~

user posted image

Aura: Dark Orchid
Aura Scent: Wild Lilac

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Jun 22 10 7:19 PM

It's a good cover but I prefer the US covers- they just felt more Flamel like but this might be to do with me associating those covers with the series. But I do think that the new cover is eye catching and it might get more people into the series. Good thing I ordered mine from the US

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Jun 22 10 8:52 PM

So it said somewhere that the other books would be rereleased like that too...what will they look like?

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Jun 23 10 12:15 AM

I agree with the general reaction of other members...The cover is OK...but I prefer the (US) original cover it has some more umph to me...Maybe we should ask the non-fans/ those that don't know the series yet which of the two cover art they like better? just an idea...

Temet Nosce!

Aura Color: Deoxygenated Blood Red
Aura Scent: Ocean Wave

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#26 [url]

Jun 23 10 2:05 AM

QUOTE (darkjhedi @ June 23, 2010 01:15 am)
I agree with the general reaction of other members...The cover is OK...but I prefer the (US) original cover it has some more umph to me...Maybe we should ask the non-fans/ those that don't know the series yet which of the two cover art they like better? just an idea...

We have put a poll up on just that principle on the Portal if you'd like to vote

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Jun 23 10 5:27 PM

QUOTE (darkjhedi @ June 22, 2010 08:15 pm)
Maybe we should ask the non-fans/ those that don't know the series yet which of the two cover art they like better? just an idea...

That would be interesting... some sort of survey or experiment?

Honestly, if I had never heard of the series before and saw one of these covers, I would likely be more interested in the series and purchasing the book if it was the original cover rather than this revised one. It just looks too much like all the other books that would probably be around it.

user posted image
The Enchantress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
May 22, 2012 | Official Fan Site | Official Author's Site

Aura: Purple.........Scent: Cinnamon.........Elemental Magic: Earth and Water.........Specialty: Magician and Warlock

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jun 23 10 7:08 PM

It's so beautiful !

user posted image
Aura couleur: Green...... Aura Odeur:Eucalyptus Magie : Terre & Vent

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#29 [url]

Jun 24 10 2:30 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ June 21, 2010 09:58 pm)
QUOTE (Magical Wonder Elf @ June 21, 2010 08:24 pm)
I'd like it if that was the style that the whole series was done in, however I get really annoyed when the covers of all books in a series don't match. Overall I like the North American covers better.

The plan is that the first 3 will be reissued in similar style covers.

Michael

Well, yes Mr Scott i saw the Sorceress' cover, and really loved it!! Was surprised to see it though.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jun 26 10 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ June 23, 2010 02:05 am)
QUOTE (darkjhedi @ June 23, 2010 01:15 am)

We have put a poll up on just that principle on the Portal if you'd like to vote

Yup I saw it and voted already...but my suggestion was for the the ones that don't know the series...

Temet Nosce!

Aura Color: Deoxygenated Blood Red
Aura Scent: Ocean Wave

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Aug 3 11 5:36 PM

American covers are still available in the UK even through high street bookshops, my Waterstones had the Warlock in its US cover by the 28th May. I love my Waterstones.

Aura: Deep Red
Scent: Smouldering Parchment
Magics: Fire and Air
The promise given was a necessity of the past, the word broken is a necessity of the present.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Sep 21 11 2:03 AM

wow I'm thankful for only getting my books recently enough that I ended up with a much.....
better cover

Aura:PlatinumScent:caramel and fresh snow
Magics:Lightning,Luck
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Sep 21 11 3:07 PM

I think all the covers, though obviously different, have the same feel to them. For the UK covers it shows different clues than the US covers. For me, I prefer the US covers, simply because I think they show more clues as to what is going to be in the book. But again, I love both covers

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Jul 17 12 5:41 AM

I know I am a few years late but I love it. It would make for a very nice collectible for someone.

"Not all who Wander are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien
Aura Color: Navy Blue Aura Sent: Cocoa Butter

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help