Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Jun 20 10 11:24 PM

Tags : :

Here's an exclusive first peek at what is going to be the UK Necromancer cover that will be appearing in August!
I'd love to know what you think as it's very different from the cover that you guys in the USA have, so what are your thoughts on the new style?

user posted image
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 20 10 11:37 PM

Wow, vastly different than the other ones!

But, honestly? I really dislike it. It's nowhere near as awesome or creative as the other ones. The others give you a chance to speculate and think. This one seems to throw the story at you.

Michael puts a fair amount of work into the North American covers - choosing the four images into the corners - with the artist. This one doesn't hold the same enchantment for me as the other ones do.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#2 [url]

Jun 20 10 11:49 PM

Holy Crow Goddess.

It's so...different.

It's ok I think...I like the twins in the middle but it's....I don't know..it's like a different series.

The other covers are more..flamel-like..with the clues..the symbols...too bad you'll have to ruin the collection so far (I mean the other books have entirely different covers)

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jun 20 10 11:51 PM

I feel the same way you do Elena.
but the cover is realy, realy cool!

user posted image
Aura color:Bright pink Aura scent:Victorian rose
I am a warrior and an elemental mistress! p.s. My favorite magics are fire and water.

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#4 [url]

Jun 20 10 11:58 PM

Objectively it's a really nice cover..I'm just so used of the other -beautiful- covers I'm having trouble.. believing that this is the..Necromancer cover..I prefer the other ones.

Who designed this cover? Did Michael Wagner design this cover as well?

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

Perseus

Spellcaster

#5 [url]

Jun 20 10 11:58 PM

No offence but im glad im North American and will be keep getting the better covers!

user posted image
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.
Aura Color Maroon...... Aura Scent Ozone......Elemental: Aether

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 21 10 1:30 AM

I think that it is beautiful, better than the originals, but only if they could've added the symbols in.(Is the background building the tower of London?)

Aura:Sunshine Yellow
Scent:Ozone

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jun 21 10 1:45 AM

I agree with Elena, the covers we have are more flamel like, with the symbols, they look like, well like they were all inspired by the codex, kinda, with the symbols it might be, Im just taking a shot in the dark, but it does look more mysterious than the UK's book cover, not to say that one is not just fine, I like ours better, it looks, like a whole new book, I dont think that the same illistrator drew that, did he? IDK, anyone know?

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#9 [url]

Jun 21 10 7:36 AM

I must admit that while I do like the new cover, I think it's just a bit... I don 't know, stereotypical (not sure if that's the right word) of most book covers. It tells you too much about the setting of the book and not much else. I like that while the American covers tell you about the book they aren't obvious about it, the cover is like a puzzle in itself. I do like that this cover is smoother, but it is sort of uncharacteristic of the series. I like the roughly-hewn originality of the American covers, this (no offense) just looks like a photoshop job. I like it if I don't compare it to the other covers... makes no difference anyway, we get the American cover in Australia anyways

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 21 10 8:24 PM

I'd like it if that was the style that the whole series was done in, however I get really annoyed when the covers of all books in a series don't match. Overall I like the North American covers better.

Aura Color: Gray-Blue
Scent: After a rainstorm

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Jun 21 10 9:11 PM

I don't know what to make of it. On the one hand, any future editions won't match the ones I own, which is a bit annoying. And the cover doesn't seem as compelling to me. The reason I first picked up The Alchemyst was the cover, it looked so strange and unusual and stood out. The new one is nice enough, but in my opinion it is lacking the mystery that the older covers have.

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#13 [url]

Jun 21 10 9:58 PM

QUOTE (Magical Wonder Elf @ June 21, 2010 08:24 pm)
I'd like it if that was the style that the whole series was done in, however I get really annoyed when the covers of all books in a series don't match. Overall I like the North American covers better.
Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 21 10 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ June 21, 2010 09:58 pm)
QUOTE (Magical Wonder Elf @ June 21, 2010 08:24 pm)

The plan is that the first 3 will be reissued in similar style covers.

Michael

That makes sense. I think if that was the first kind of verison of the covers I had ever seen, then I'd like it. It's cool and creative...but nothing like the covers I have come to know and love. I like it, though.

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jun 22 10 1:52 AM

I'll echo what the poll said: Glad I don't live in the UK.

The new design seems so... stereotypical for a Young Adult book. flamelssecret/ashamed___.gif It's not that bad, but I just like the original covers so much.

EDIT: Did anyone notice that Michael Scott's name is done in the same font as Evanescence?

user posted image
The Enchantress: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott
May 22, 2012 | Official Fan Site | Official Author's Site

Aura: Purple.........Scent: Cinnamon.........Elemental Magic: Earth and Water.........Specialty: Magician and Warlock

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jun 22 10 2:44 AM

I was happily surprised when I saw the new cover and kind of jealous to....

But, I love the original covers, they have elements of the book that the new cover doesn't have.

"No one knew why. He didn't even know why. But there was something about that sight of a soul so powerful that he would not give up fighting until all of his fears and nightmares were dead . . . until every single scream in the night had been muffled and turned into laughter . . . something about that sight struck him as admirable."
-Mordred

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jun 22 10 10:01 AM

Glad I don`t like in the UK.. What a ugly cover.. no offense but it is so to predicting with london in the background.. and all those symbols are away.. to sad

user posted image
Aura color: Lime Green Aura Scent: Burnt Corpses Elements Masterd : Fire & Water
I have recieved the gift of foresight

- Before all else, be armed.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#19 [url]

Jun 22 10 12:21 PM

I think this cover is interesting but its not as eye catching as the original covers. I think its interesting that they chose to center around london for the necromancer cover when the Sorceress was in part set in london. I think the symbols on the cover lend itself better to the series and give the reader (or potential reader) a larger sense of what the story is about.

Quote    Reply   

Bellus Stella

Next Generation Elder

#20 [url]

Jun 22 10 12:28 PM

Is it just me or does it almost seem like they are trying to attract a different audience?! With the choices of colors and the darker look... That's the feeling it gives me. The design is awesome and its definitely eye-catching; i would probably notice it on the shelf in a bookstore but if you were to show me both covers, without knowing the story, i would probably say, its two different stories! I just find that it looks less of a YA book now. Problem now is, that i might want to get my hands on those version when they are all out!

user posted image
If hugs were leaves, I would give you a tree. If life was a planet, I would give you a galaxy. If friendship was life, I would give you mine.
Aura colour: Purple
Aura scent: Watermelon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help