Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#21 [url]

Oct 25 08 3:48 AM

I think Sophia Myles would make a petty good Scatty (but she might be slightly too old). And for some reason I see Ian McKellen in there somewhere too.

Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#23 [url]

Oct 25 08 4:40 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ October 25, 2008 04:48 am)
I think Sophia Myles would make a petty good Scatty (but she might be slightly too old). And for some reason I see Ian McKellen in there somewhere too.

Hmm that's interesting, I too toyed with the idea of Ian McKellen! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

#24 [url]

Oct 25 08 3:58 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ October 24, 2008 05:55 pm)
I know he's evil and all, but people will want their children to able to sleep after they've seen the movie! If you play him Gods, they'll all need therapy! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

ROTFLMAO!!! Haahahahahahahah! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

-Mo
The Alchemyst and The Magician are awesome!!

#25 [url]

Oct 28 08 1:39 AM

When I think of Sophie, the only actress who really comes to mind for me is Jennette McCurdy (Sam, on iCarly). I'm open to others, but no one else quite fits how I see Sophie.

For Josh, a friend suggested Tony Oller, from Nickelodeon's As the Bell Rings, and I like him for Josh and even better than I like my pick for Sophie.

Other than that, I haven't given it too much thought, yet.

Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. - Dumbledore

Listen, I will tell you a mystery! We will not all die, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. ~ 1 Corinthians 15:51-52

#26 [url]

Oct 28 08 2:00 AM

i think that watching a film ruins my image of the characters from book once i see the film characters i cant help but image them when i think of the character and they miss out soooo much in the films i feel sorry for the people watching it they dont get to have all the information.
but i totally agree Hugh Laurie wub.gif as Dee he is just so perfect for the character

MERYL STREEP for PERENELLE she suits my imagined figure of perenelle perfectly

Please refrain from using color in your posts, thanks!

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#27 [url]

Oct 28 08 2:12 AM

QUOTE (_shadow_ @ October 28, 2008 03:00 am)
i think that watching a film ruins my image of the characters from book once i see the film characters i cant help but image them when i think of the character and they miss out soooo much in the films i feel sorry for the people watching it they dont get to have all the information.
but i totally agree Hugh Laurie wub.gif  as Dee he is just so perfect for the character

MERYL STREEP for PERENELLE she suits my imagined figure of perenelle perfectly   

Welcome shadow yes i agree to a point, without a doubt the people that haven't read the books will have missed out on a great treat, but we can hope that the film will inspire them to seek out and buy the books too! And if you have read the books before a film is made, if the casting directors get it right it can really add to the whole experience..i think Dan Radcliff and co in the Potter films are a great example of that!

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#29 [url]

Oct 28 08 2:27 AM

Freddie Highmore for Josh? He's 16 this year, so if it take too long he might be a little old, but if it were done soon, I think he would be a great choice for Josh - although I guess he is a little on the small side to thinks of someone who played football.... but I like him enough that I could overlook that discrepancy between film and book.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#30 [url]

Oct 28 08 6:17 PM

I just thought of a potential problem for the movies.... So the entire series of 6 books takes place over 1 month of time but its probably going to take them years to film the movies, so how in the world are they going to keep the actors playing the twins looking their age in the book after so many years will pass between films (thats assuming they make more than the first one which i hope they are good and they do)

Remove this ad

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#31 [url]

Oct 28 08 6:21 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ October 28, 2008 02:17 pm)
I just thought of a potential problem for the movies.... So the entire series of 6 books takes place over 1 month of time but its probably  going to take them years to film the movies, so how in the world are they going to keep the actors playing the twins looking their age in the book after so many years will pass between films (thats assuming they make more than the first one which i hope they are good and they do)

makeup.

lots and lots of makeup.

but in actuality, they will just cast people that are in their early twenties that just look young. They'll look the same for years while the movie films.

That's exactly why hollywood uses 20-somethings to play the teenagers in movies and tv shows, becuase 20somethings don't age over years.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#32 [url]

Oct 28 08 6:31 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ October 28, 2008 01:21 pm)
I just thought of a potential problem for the movies.... So the entire series of 6 books takes place over 1 month of time but its probably  going to take them years to film the movies, so how in the world are they going to keep the actors playing the twins looking their age in the book after so many years will pass between films (thats assuming they make more than the first one which i hope they are good and they do)

makeup.

lots and lots of makeup.

but in actuality, they will just cast people that are in their early twenties that just look young. They'll look the same for years while the movie films.

That's exactly why hollywood uses 20-somethings to play the teenagers in movies and tv shows, becuase 20somethings don't age over years.

ya i guess that makes sense but its gonna get dicey there towards the end you figure 6 book atleast 6 years to film and thats being ambicious. thats a long time. Maybe i should go into acting ... i always get told i look extremely young for my age user posted image

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#33 [url]

Oct 28 08 6:52 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ October 28, 2008 02:31 pm)

makeup.

lots and lots of makeup.

ya i guess that makes sense but its gonna get dicey there towards the end you figure 6 book atleast 6 years to film and thats being ambicious. thats a long time. Maybe i should go into acting ... i always get told i look extremely young for my age

If I shave I go from looking to be in my late twenties to looking like I'm in my mid-late teens.

user posted image

#35 [url]

Oct 28 08 7:40 PM

I always wondered why they do that.... flamelssecret/confused0058.gif .

-Mo

#37 [url]

Oct 29 08 12:29 AM

QUOTE (John @ October 28, 2008 06:13 pm)
for perenelle and nicholas it wont be hard to replace actors since they age every day

Once again... makeup, makeup, and some more makeup.

-Mo

#38 [url]

Oct 30 08 8:47 PM

I agree with the whole makeup thing, but still .. It would be hard trying to use the same young actors, because in a few short years, facial features change quite a bit, so can makeup really hide stuff like that ?
Oh my god ! I think Malcolm McDowell would be perfect for Flamel !
And I LOVE Hugh Laurie, but I really don't see him fitting any character from the books . Sorry guys

__. ; Kelso Kunitz

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#39 [url]

Oct 31 08 5:22 AM

QUOTE (Kunitz_Magician @ October 30, 2008 09:47 pm)
I agree with the whole makeup thing, but still .. It would be hard trying to use the same young actors, because in a few short years, facial features change quite a bit, so can makeup really hide stuff like that ?
And I LOVE Hugh Laurie, but I really don't see him fitting any character from the books . Sorry guys

Never worry or apologise for disagreeing with another member's opinion (except mine...lol..j/k) the fact that we all have different takes on the story and characters is the very essence that makes for interesting chats! flamelssecret/dance.gif flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#40 [url]

Oct 31 08 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Kunitz_Magician @ October 30, 2008 04:47 pm)

Which why I made the point of using actors in their early twenties. You don't get the changes.

That couldn't have worked with something like the Potter films because the kids HAD to be really young to start the series. But a 15-16 year old can easily be played by someone in their early 20s with a baby face.

user posted image

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help