Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Oct 5 08 12:16 AM

Tags : :

With the news that 2009 should bring us the first film to accompany the book series, I was wondering what your thoughts about it are?, Who would you like to see starring in the film and in what role? What plot points do you think are vital and should be kept in the film? How true to the book do you think the film will be?
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#1 [url]

Oct 18 08 2:05 AM

I think AnnaSophia Robb would be a great choice for Sophie Newman. I really liked her in Bridge to Terabethia and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - plus she is now 15, so she's about the right age.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#2 [url]

Oct 19 08 12:54 AM

QUOTE (dreamingofedward @ October 18, 2008 03:05 am)
I think AnnaSophia Robb would be a great choice for Sophie Newman. I really liked her in Bridge to Terabethia and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - plus she is now 15, so she's about the right age.

I thought she is quite talented for one so young too..how about for the other charcters? I rather think that Hugh Laurie could be great as Dr.Dee!

#4 [url]

Oct 22 08 9:58 PM

QUOTE (Blazing star @ October 19, 2008 04:33 pm)
Hugh Laurie would make an awesome Dr.Dee.

WOW!! That would be awesome. I love Hugh as an actor, hes really good. And he has a british accent so that would fit perfectly!

I do hope that the film-makers do not do what they did to the Eragon movie, taking parts out, changing things. flamelssecret/pray.gif

-Mo
The Alchemyst and The Magician are awesome!!

#5 [url]

Oct 22 08 10:57 PM

QUOTE (momoney433 @ October 22, 2008 09:58 pm)
QUOTE (Blazing star @ October 19, 2008 04:33 pm)
Hugh Laurie would make an awesome Dr.Dee.

WOW!! That would be awesome. I love Hugh as an actor, hes really good. And he has a british accent so that would fit perfectly!

I do hope that the film-makers do not do what they did to the Eragon movie, taking parts out, changing things. flamelssecret/pray.gif

The part about taking parts out is inevitable unfortunately a person can't hope to put an entire book into a motion picture film... its just not possible it would take forever to make and it would last well over 2 hours atleast

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#6 [url]

Oct 23 08 12:31 AM

I had a thought for Nicholas Flamel too..Malcolm McDowell, he strikes me as the right sort of build, and age...and he's really good in the films that i've seen him in, you're never quite sure if he's a good guy or a bad guy!

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#7 [url]

Oct 23 08 12:37 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ October 22, 2008 08:31 pm)
I had a thought for Nicholas Flamel too..Malcolm McDowell, he strikes me as the right sort of build, and age...and he's really good in the films that i've seen him in, you're never quite sure if he's a good guy or a bad guy!

Thats funny, because thats who I picture when I think of Niccolo Machiavelli.

#8 [url]

Oct 23 08 1:08 AM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ October 22, 2008 07:37 pm)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ October 22, 2008 08:31 pm)

Thats funny, because thats who I picture when I think of Niccolo Machiavelli.

he also could be a good guy or a bad guy.
Any ideas on who would be good for which role??

As someone else said on the movie discusion thread, Hugh Laurie would make a great Dr. John Dee. I can also see him as Nicholas Flamel himself.

-Mo

#9 [url]

Oct 24 08 2:26 AM

you know...i could see the person who played dumbledoore or Gandolf to play Gilgamesh or if it were the first book then hmmm The person who played storm from Xman would be a good hekate..

#10 [url]

Oct 24 08 2:28 AM

Which form of Hekate? Im thinking like mid-day.

-Mo

Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 24 08 2:48 AM

yes and for the adult and for the teen it could be beyonce or however you spell her name or maybe a younger girl .. i dunno shed be a hard character to fit actresses to.

#13 [url]

Oct 24 08 3:58 AM

Nah not gilgamesh i could see him being easily fit by the guy who played jack sparrow with a bit make up his perfect pirate accent would be great to fit the part :]

#14 [url]

Oct 24 08 11:17 AM

I think he would be to young looking...... but I dont know, Ill have to read the third boook to judge who should play Gilgamesh.

-Mo

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#15 [url]

Oct 24 08 12:25 PM

I should play Dee.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#16 [url]

Oct 24 08 4:46 PM

QUOTE (John @ October 24, 2008 03:58 am)
Nah not gilgamesh i could see him being easily fit by the guy who played jack sparrow with a bit make up his perfect pirate accent would be great to fit the part :]

Well, I think that either my re-read of the Alchyemyst isn't far enough along - because I don't remember Gilgamesh as a character - or I am totally a idiot and my brain has done this: flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif (I L.O.V.E. that smilie by the way). But I see that here's another "vote" for my fav, Johnny Depp, to play a character. When he plays anything, it is an automatic ticket purchase by me, by the way (has been ever since I saw him for the first time on 21 Jump Street - and yes, I am giving away my age to some degree with that statement).

And, I love the choice of Hugh Laurie too. He is awesome. I think that Perenelle would be played excellently by Emma Thompson (let's face it she can play anything - comedy, drama, what ever - totally awesomely!) and the older Hekete - Helen Mirren. I am having a hard time deciding who would be cool as Scathy though.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

#18 [url]

Oct 24 08 8:41 PM

ANGELINA JOLIE WOULD BE SCATHACH @_@ she seems like that type of psycho girlie but very trustworthy i dunno just popped into my head and you don't learn about Gilgamesh until the end of the magician sorry i shoulda put spoiler T_T

#19 [url]

Oct 24 08 9:15 PM

Thats actually a great idea, John! Angelina Jolie would make a perfect Scathach!! That would be awesome!!

-Mo

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#20 [url]

Oct 24 08 10:55 PM

QUOTE (John @ October 24, 2008 09:41 pm)
ANGELINA JOLIE WOULD BE SCATHACH @_@ she seems like that type of psycho girlie but very trustworthy i dunno just popped into my head and you don't learn about Gilgamesh until the end of the magician sorry i shoulda put spoiler T_T

The problem with Scatty is that she is only meant to appear as a 17 year old girl physically..so Jolie would be out of that role for me for just that reason, she's certainly got the attitude for the role though!

QUOTE (Godsryche)
I should play Dee.

I know he's evil and all, but people will want their children to able to sleep after they've seen the movie! If you play him Gods, they'll all need therapy! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help