Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Feb 18 11 8:24 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ January 25, 2011 10:23 am)
Yes, Benzaiten is female.
QUOTE (The Necromancer)
"And then Benzaiten appeared. She rose from the sea behind Niten: tiny, ethereal and beautiful, riding on the back of an enormous pink-scaled dragon.

What? Where did this come from? I haven't read this part...

Aura: Deep Red
Scent: Smouldering Parchment
Magics: Fire and Air
The promise given was a necessity of the past, the word broken is a necessity of the present.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#62 [url]

Feb 18 11 8:49 PM

QUOTE (KaelynnSkye @ February 18, 2011 08:24 pm)
QUOTE (The Necromancer)
"And then Benzaiten appeared. She rose from the sea behind Niten: tiny, ethereal and beautiful, riding on the back of an enormous pink-scaled dragon.

It's from The Necromancer, a part of the Witch's memories about Niten (The Swordsman/Miyamoto Musashi), narrated by Sophie.

I really like Benzaiten appearance, she is awesome with the pink dragon and how she tap its head with in a regal manner... The description itself, "tiny, ethereal, and beautiful" had made me speechless...

For her personality, I think she is a good Elder, if I judged from Niten, the Humani who she made Immortal. Usually Elders will give immortality to a potential Humani who has similiar personality with them. (Example : Kukulkan and Billy, who both have temper). If it's same with Benzaiten and Niten, then Benzaiten would be an Elder who valued the concept of Bushido, because Niten holds the Bushido.

Well, it's only an assumption. I will wait her actual appearance in The Warlock or The Enchantress.

user posted image
| Aura : Deep Brown | Odor : Sandalwood | Magic : Earth | Weapon : Axe |

Quote    Reply   

#63 [url]

Feb 18 11 8:52 PM

QUOTE (Petruk @ February 18, 2011 08:49 pm)
QUOTE (The Necromancer)

It's from The Necromancer, a part of the Witch's memories about Niten (The Swordsman/Miyamoto Musashi), narrated by Sophie.It's from The Necromancer, a part of the Witch's memories about Niten (The Swordsman/Miyamoto Musashi), narrated by Sophie.

I really like Benzaiten appearance, she is awesome with the pink dragon and how she tap its head with in a regal manner... The description itself, "tiny, ethereal, and beautiful" had made me speechless...

For her personality, I think she is a good Elder, if I judged from Niten, the Humani who she made Immortal. Usually Elders will give immortality to a potential Humani who has similiar personality with them. (Example : Kukulkan and Billy, who both have temper). If it's same with Benzaiten and Niten, then Benzaiten would be an Elder who valued the concept of Bushido, because Niten holds the Bushido.

Well, it's only an assumption. I will wait her actual appearance in The Warlock or The Enchantress.

I read wayyy too fast..

Aura: Deep Red
Scent: Smouldering Parchment
Magics: Fire and Air
The promise given was a necessity of the past, the word broken is a necessity of the present.

Quote    Reply   

#64 [url]

Apr 6 11 7:08 PM

QUOTE (Petruk @ February 18, 2011 08:49 pm)
QUOTE (The Necromancer)

It's from The Necromancer, a part of the Witch's memories about Niten (The Swordsman/Miyamoto Musashi), narrated by Sophie.

Who the heck is Kukulkan? I don't recall a name like that...ooooooh, wait, there was Cuchulainn...the hound of ulster, is that who you mean or is there actually another character I haven't read about yet?

If failure had no lessons to teach, there would be nothing to be gained of victory.
Aura Colour: light grey
Auric scent: parchment

Magical forte: sorcery

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#65 [url]

Apr 6 11 7:17 PM

QUOTE (TheWhiteWizard @ April 06, 2011 01:08 pm)

Who the heck is Kukulkan? I don't recall a name like that...ooooooh, wait, there was Cuchulainn...the hound of ulster, is that who you mean or is there actually another character I haven't read about yet?

Kukulkan is another name for Quetzcoatl but we are getting a bit off the topic from Benzaiten, so lets get back to discussing niten's elder

Quote    Reply   

#66 [url]

Apr 7 11 4:33 AM

ok, than you spacecadet, I need to reread the necromancer again, I drew a total blank on that one. So does anyone have any predictions as to whether or not Benzaiten will fight if it comes right down to it?

If failure had no lessons to teach, there would be nothing to be gained of victory.

Quote    Reply   

#67 [url]

Apr 8 11 5:12 PM

Benzaiten sounds really cool. And she has a pink dragon. Which makes her that much cooler. I really want to see if she's going to be in it!

Aura: Bright Yellow
Scent: Buttered Popcorn

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Apr 8 11 5:14 PM

Well, i doubt that Mr. Scott would ever just satisfy himself with the simple mentioning of someone. I'm sure she'll be included.

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Apr 8 11 5:16 PM

True, so (hopefully) she will be there.

And to your fighting or no question, I need to do some more research on her. And since i have to leave in about 2 minutes it will have to be later.

Aura: Bright Yellow
Scent: Buttered Popcorn

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#70 [url]

Apr 8 11 8:49 PM

I don't know a whole lot about her but she was originally an Indian Goddess named Saraswati. She has power over everything that flows(music, poetry, water ect..) and is mostly associated with water and the color white. She is often shown with a white snake or dragon. She is also a protector deity and represents love and good fortune.

She is sometimes shown holding a bow, arrow, sword, ax, spear, long pestal, iron wheel and silk rope in japanese mythology.

There is a lot of confusing information on her but hopefully this shines some light.

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Jul 9 11 2:44 AM

QUOTE (Elena @ July 25, 2010 03:53 pm)
LOL, ikr? flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

Does it say anywhere in the books why did she gave immortality to Niten?

Yes actually it does if i remember right perenelle had told sophie or josh(i forget which one) that Niten had saved her.

A bird does not sing becuse it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
Aura Color: Purple Aura Scent: Snake Race: Great Elder Great Change: Has turned kind of like a shadow.
Elemental Magics: Fire, Air, Water, and Earth

Quote    Reply   

#74 [url]

Jul 25 11 6:23 PM

Does the goddess of flowing have much battle prowess, I wonder?
I mean, granted in japanese mythology she is heavily armed but still...
"Tiny, ethereal and beautiful" doesn't evoke battle powers, does it?

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#75 [url]

Jul 26 11 2:43 AM

i wouldn't underestimate her, The Witch of Endor's appearance doesn't pose much of a threat either but we have seen her powers.

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#76 [url]

Jul 26 11 2:49 PM

QUOTE (Elderbane @ July 25, 2011 06:23 pm)
Does the goddess of flowing have much battle prowess, I wonder?
I mean, granted in japanese mythology she is heavily armed but still...
"Tiny, ethereal and beautiful" doesn't evoke battle powers, does it?

She chose a warrior to serve her and it is said that Elders usually choose servants that are like them. I would not underestimate a Great Elder.

Also, look at Yoda, he is tiny and feeble looking at looking but he's got the moves.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#77 [url]

Jul 27 11 3:12 AM

Yoda evokes "old, tired and wise"

Benzaiten evokes "tiny ethereal and beautiful"

Slightly different. But your point on niten has solid footing.

I wonder of Benzaiten was the master of Karl Benz, and he named the Mercedes-Benz after her.

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#78 [url]

Jun 11 12 11:06 PM

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

**This thread is now open to posting and may contain information from The Enchantress**

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help