Remove this ad

dreamingofedward

Next Generation Elder

#41 [url]

Nov 4 08 10:44 PM

Well, that's a lot of places - and leaves room for a lot of different mythologies to be explored.

user posted image
Aura Color = Violet Magical Scent = Black Raspberry Favorite Element = Water

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 [url]

Nov 5 08 9:35 PM

One thing I noticed is that Micheal takes one mythological god and makes him act as more than one. Such as when Perry possesses Sophie in the Alchemist. She calls Bastet by all her other names. By doing this to the Gods it means there is a lot less to cover. So I think a lot can over lap to give us more places.

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#44 [url]

Nov 5 08 10:43 PM

Yes, he actually states that in The Alchemyst. Flamel says that the elders were basis for many gods, but most were the same elders worshiped by many different civilizations, giving them other names.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#46 [url]

Nov 6 08 1:34 PM

I think another point worth mentioning here is there is often an overlap amoung different ancient cultures and their gods a take the greeks and romans for example they had a lot of the same gods but they went by different names.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#48 [url]

Nov 8 08 4:31 AM

QUOTE (Kочевой волк @ November 07, 2008 01:06 am)
Yes but that depended a lot on area. Like a barbarian tribe in europe will not take mayan gods.

I agree with that. I have a new point for your thoughts..Do you think the fact that the twins' parents are archelogists has any bearing on the events in later books?

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Nov 8 08 5:32 AM

I think it will. I think the parents will end up in a "situation" with them. I think the parents have already met Flamel when he pretended to own the bookshop and somehow Dee will find out about the parents. So then Dee will send someone or go do something to hurt the parents and then comes Flamel to the rescue or a charged up Sophie or Josh.

Am I the only one here that seems to think that if Sophie did not hate her powers she would turn into a like superman character?

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#50 [url]

Nov 9 08 12:32 AM

QUOTE (Kочевой волк @ November 08, 2008 06:32 am)

Am I the only one here that seems to think that if Sophie did not hate her powers she would turn into a like superman character?

What makes you think that Sophie hates her powers?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#52 [url]

Nov 9 08 5:35 AM

QUOTE (Kочевой волк @ November 09, 2008 05:11 am)
I thought it said that she was like really annoyed with the in magician.

Her thoughts in The Magician can't be included here..this is The Alchemyst thread!

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Nov 9 08 6:59 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ November 08, 2008 04:31 am)
QUOTE (Kочевой волк @ November 07, 2008 01:06 am)
Yes but that depended a lot on area. Like a barbarian tribe in europe will not take mayan gods.

I agree with that. I have a new point for your thoughts..Do you think the fact that the twins' parents are archelogists has any bearing on the events in later books?

I think the parents will have a larger part as things go on, if not directly, then indirectly. Both know more about history and mythology than many their age, their parents have read to them, shared stories, and they understand that there is more to the world and history than is known at this time. I think that is what allows them both to be open to what is going on and while scared, not as "freaked out". they know that there are many things we do not know about how the world many centuries ago.

Whether the parents know Flamel or not I am not sure. It would not surprise me if they had met him at some point in their careers, but how much of a part such a meeting may play is unclear yet. But I would guess they will play at least some role in coming stories as the battle lines are drawn and everyone is forced to decide which side they want to be on.

user posted image

Aura: Dark Orchid
Aura Scent: Wild Lilac

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Nov 9 08 9:54 PM

I think that one of the parents may have met Flamel after all he was Josh's boss. The parents are going to play a role similar to what the parents of the main character in the book the Chaos Code play. For those of you who have not read that great book the main characters parents play major roles without trying to sort of. The mother is just hired and tricked by the bad guy but the father is good and helping a lot. I think one parent will end up tricked by most likely Dee could be another person and the other parent will be helping out a ton but have a near death experiance.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#55 [url]

Nov 9 08 10:45 PM

QUOTE (mzpolarbear @ November 09, 2008 07:59 pm)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ November 08, 2008 04:31 am)

I agree with that.  I have a new point for your thoughts..Do you think the fact that the twins' parents are archelogists has any bearing on the events in later books?

I think the parents will have a larger part as things go on, if not directly, then indirectly. Both know more about history and mythology than many their age, their parents have read to them, shared stories, and they understand that there is more to the world and history than is known at this time. I think that is what allows them both to be open to what is going on and while scared, not as "freaked out". they know that there are many things we do not know about how the world many centuries ago.

Whether the parents know Flamel or not I am not sure. It would not surprise me if they had met him at some point in their careers, but how much of a part such a meeting may play is unclear yet. But I would guess they will play at least some role in coming stories as the battle lines are drawn and everyone is forced to decide which side they want to be on.

Fascinating point there MZ! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#56 [url]

Nov 10 08 1:05 AM

Because the twins parents are archaeologists and paleontologists it means the twins have a little more knowledge than ordinary teens. As a general rule of thumb: nothing is accidental in this series. Every single chapter is plotted out and everything will (hopefully) knit together. Oh, and just while I talking about archaeologists and paleontologists. In book one, only archaeology is mentioned, but in book two, it is archaeology and palaeontology. For some reason (magical, no doubt), the word palaeontology disappeared between the manuscript and the published text. Although I read the proofs a dozen time, I still missed it.

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Nov 10 08 3:54 AM

It was inferable in book one. I remember Flamel mentioning something about human foot prints with dinasour foot prints and one of the twins said their parents found stuff like that but always called it a hoax. That would be fossils so that is paleontology.

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Nov 10 08 6:20 AM

Thanks a lot for the post Michael .

Yeah, I definitly think the parents will play some sort of role in the upcoming books . As for the idea, of Flamel and their 'rents knowing eachother, I think that's a very interesting idea

__. ; Kelso Kunitz

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#60 [url]

Nov 12 08 3:09 AM

QUOTE (Kunitz_Magician @ November 10, 2008 07:20 am)
Thanks a lot for the post Michael .

Yeah, I definitly think the parents will play some sort of role in the upcoming books . As for the idea, of Flamel and their 'rents knowing eachother, I think that's a very interesting idea

This is a quote from an interview that Michael did recently, you can find the interview in the Michael Scott, interviews section, it helps hint at something relevant to this conversation....
QUOTE (Michael Scott)
" Sophie and Josh's parents are in Utah for a reason and I'm quite sure it has to do with the Anasazi and the Fremont Culture. We will see more of the parents in books to come. I've been to Utah several times in the course
of the research for this series. Last year I spend some time in Zion Canyon and the year before that I was in Bryce researching the petroglyphs. I'm hoping to come back early next year to do some more research. I would really love to see the extraordinary collection of petroglyphs in Nine Mile Canyon."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help