Remove this ad

#421 [url]

Jul 13 12 1:35 AM

Give the book a standing ovation flamelssecret/clap3.gif
This was one of the best books Ive read in a really long time. I love how Mr. Scott blends all mythologys together to create one bing Elder race. This series is a great one.

Aura: Navy Blue
Scent: Sea breeze
Master of Fire

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#422 [url]

Jul 24 12 9:24 PM

QUOTE (Matthewc1998 @ July 13, 2012 01:35 am)
Give the book a standing ovation flamelssecret/clap3.gif
This was one of the best books Ive read in a really long time. I love how Mr. Scott blends all mythologys together to create one bing Elder race. This series is a great one.

I very much agree with you. And the way Mr. Scott organises the chapters so that the story leaves you hanging on the edge of a cliff every few pages. He also describes the incidents in so much detail that it makes the book so that you can't put it down.

Aura colour:White Aura scent:Lemon
Speciality: Sorcerer
Elemental Magic: Fire
user posted image
"The fifth force was the magic of Time, the greatest of all magics."

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#423 [url]

Jul 25 12 9:00 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ July 24, 2012 09:24 pm)
QUOTE (Matthewc1998 @ July 13, 2012 01:35 am)
Give the book a standing ovation  flamelssecret/clap3.gif

I very much agree with you. And the way Mr. Scott organises the chapters so that the story leaves you hanging on the edge of a cliff every few pages. He also describes the incidents in so much detail that it makes the book so that you can't put it down.

I agree with you guys. This book is amazing, and currently tops my list of my favorite books of all time. The Enchantress is a close second, but I like this one because it starts the advanture, and there is nothing like the original.

Quote    Reply   

#424 [url]

Jul 25 12 9:05 PM

You are right Hippogriff. I wonder what happens to Scatty's dojo. After Flamel wrecks it, there is no mention of it later in the book.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#425 [url]

Jul 25 12 9:07 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ July 25, 2012 09:05 pm)
You are right Hippogriff. I wonder what happens to Scatty's dojo. After Flamel wrecks it, there is no mention of it later in the book.

Ha! That is a good point! It is most likely totally wrecked. Depending on the end of the Enchantress (no spoilers) I wonder if Scatty will ever return to the place.

Quote    Reply   

#426 [url]

Jul 25 12 9:25 PM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 25, 2012 09:07 pm)

Ha! That is a good point! It is most likely totally wrecked. Depending on the end of the Enchantress (no spoilers) I wonder if Scatty will ever return to the place.

Exactly. I also wonder how the Witch exploded the place after Flamel, Scatty and the twins got through the leygate. If she gave her powers to Sophie, how did she get out unscathed?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#427 [url]

Jul 25 12 9:32 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ July 25, 2012 09:25 pm)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 25, 2012 09:07 pm)

Exactly. I also wonder how the Witch exploded the place after Flamel, Scatty and the twins got through the leygate. If she gave her powers to Sophie, how did she get out unscathed?

She lost her memories, and how to use her powers, but perhaps not her powers themselves. She may have simply placed a protection spell on herself before Sophie came, as as soon as Hecate died she knew the twins would be coming, most likely, she reinforced her magical defenses before giving that knowledge to Sophie, perhaps.

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#428 [url]

Jul 25 12 9:48 PM

SHE DIDNT loose her memories flamelssecret/idk.gif

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#429 [url]

Jul 25 12 9:55 PM

QUOTE (merlin67 @ July 25, 2012 09:48 pm)
SHE DIDNT loose her memories flamelssecret/idk.gif

Oh, oops. Ok, well then when she gave them away to Sophie, though it is hinted that she still remembers some things. Sorry, I worded that wrong.

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#430 [url]

Jul 26 12 12:14 AM

its okay we all make mistakes except for my brother

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#431 [url]

Jul 26 12 12:41 AM

Yep, well that is another slightly onfusing part of the series, as Sophie states that the With has given her everything inluding the method of freeing Mars, but later in the series, the Witch herself frees Mars, whih Sophie is supposed to have the knowledge to do. Any ideas?

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#432 [url]

Jul 26 12 3:07 AM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 25, 2012 07:41 pm)
Yep, well that is another slightly onfusing part of the series, as Sophie states that the With has given her everything inluding the method of freeing Mars, but later in the series, the Witch herself frees Mars, whih Sophie is supposed to have the knowledge to do. Any ideas?

I think it was more that she shared her memories with sophie not that she gave them away.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#433 [url]

Jul 26 12 3:13 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ July 26, 2012 03:07 am)

I think it was more that she shared her memories with sophie not that she gave them away.

Ok, that makes sense, but then how come in the Alchemyst when Flamel asks the Witch for help, Sophie states that the Witch has given her everything and has nothing left?

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#434 [url]

Jul 26 12 3:18 AM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 25, 2012 10:13 pm)

Ok, that makes sense, but then how come in the Alchemyst when Flamel asks the Witch for help, Sophie states that the Witch has given her everything and has nothing left?

I thought that was more in reference to her powers, not her memories, if she had no memories left she wouldn't know who she was or who anyone else was or how to free Mars. So I think she meant she gave her all her power and ability to use air magic. but that's just my flamelssecret/twocents.gif

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#435 [url]

Jul 26 12 3:24 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ July 26, 2012 03:18 am)
QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 25, 2012 10:13 pm)

I thought that was more in reference to her powers, not her memories, if she had no memories left she wouldn't know who she was or who anyone else was or how to free Mars. So I think she meant she gave her all her power and ability to use air magic. but that's just my flamelssecret/twocents.gif

Ok, yeah, that actually makes sense and clears a lot of things up. So she gave her powers, but shared her memories. Yes, that makes sense. Thanks, Spacecadet!

Quote    Reply   

#436 [url]

Jul 26 12 5:38 AM

Thats what I think as well. I wish she did some cooler things in the books. Thanks hippogriff and Spacecadet!

Please remember that quote trains of more than 4 embedded quotes is not allowed by the Code of Conduct. Thanks! ~ Moviebuff

Oops sorry

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#437 [url]

Jul 26 12 12:49 PM

well, hey, all of the cool air magic things that sophie does is basically the witch doing them, such as the tornadoes. Well, actually the tornadoes is basically the only thing.

Quote    Reply   

#438 [url]

Jul 26 12 9:18 PM

What about the fog? Or was that Dee? flamelssecret/idk.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#439 [url]

Jul 26 12 9:27 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ July 26, 2012 09:18 pm)
What about the fog? Or was that Dee? flamelssecret/idk.gif

I think that the fog is Dee in this book. Sophie makes fog in the Magician, though

Quote    Reply   

#440 [url]

Jul 29 12 10:35 AM

Hi,

The Alchemyst has to be one of the best books Michael Scott has written and is a perfect start to the series. flamelssecret/rulez.gif It just rocks!!!

*Removed by staff, image too large~Moviebuff*
Aura colour: Person Viewing's favourite colour
Aura scent: Person Smelling's favourite scent
True Aura colour: Icy Blue
True Aura scent: Blueberry
Ultimate Archon Necromancer

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help