Remove this ad

#381 [url]

Oct 28 10 10:09 AM

Great one theory crosses a billion more to go
well hoever they are I think that they are way more powerful than the others personnaly and that they started the rebellion against the archons as they owe a favor to cernunos

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#382 [url]

Oct 28 10 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Calliope @ October 22, 2010 02:57 pm)
Joan is immortal. She technically/as far as we know doesn't have an Elder either... unless we count Scatty. But, and this is a fairly big but here, why would Dee talk his Elder up so much if he didn't have one?

Scatty does not need an Elder as she is one herself

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#383 [url]

Oct 28 10 11:36 PM

Hehe.. um... I meant, Joan... she's immortal without really having an elder, as is Germain. And I thought Scatty was a Next Gen, so technically while being an Elder she doesn't really have the power to make someone immortal.... ?

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

#384 [url]

Nov 2 10 10:35 PM

I loved the Alchemyst! It was amazing when I first read it! The other day I did a project on it at school! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Aura: Green Smell: Fresh Cut Grass Elemental Magic(s): Earth

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#385 [url]

Nov 4 10 9:27 AM

QUOTE (Emerald-Sword @ November 02, 2010 10:35 pm)
I loved the Alchemyst! It was amazing when I first read it! The other day I did a project on it at school! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Was it, by any chance, a book report, literary criticism, or book review? flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#386 [url]

Nov 4 10 9:38 AM

QUOTE (Calliope @ October 28, 2010 11:36 pm)
Hehe.. um... I meant, Joan... she's immortal without really having an elder, as is Germain. And I thought Scatty was a Next Gen, so technically while being an Elder she doesn't really have the power to make someone immortal.... ?

oh sorry, my bad. yes, Joan, St. Germain, and the Flamels do not have an elder who made them immortal. i'm not so sure about Scatty not having powers to make someone immortal. she is technically an Elder, though not born/raised in Danu Talis.

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

#387 [url]

Jan 4 11 12:38 AM

I really love books that incorporate mythology into a intriguing storyline with action and cool magic powers. Like Percy Jackson. I really liked this book it hooked me on the series but it is not my favorite book now that i have read them all. I like it better once both of them are awakened. But what i don't really get is why did Hekate have to die when Dee killed the Yggdrasil. I know her powers are linked to the tree but wasn't there a time when she wasn't I thought it would have just weakened her to the bring of destruction. Although it was necessary to the story I suppose. flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

user posted image
Aura: Maroon
Aura Scent: Campfire

Quote    Reply   

#390 [url]

Jan 19 11 12:31 AM

I think that the first book is always the best in a series, but all these books are so good and you just can't put them down!! But the Alchemyst is still one of my favorite books of all times alongside Harry Potter

user posted image
Aura: Blue
Scent: Juniper
Element: Water

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#391 [url]

Jan 23 11 5:10 AM

i have another question.
why is the title spelled Alchemyst with a "y" and in the book spelled Alchemist with an "i" ?

user posted image
Aura Color:White Aura Scent: Lavender Master of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth
Seventh daughter of a seventh daughter
Long-lost sister of Areop-Enap

Quote    Reply   

#392 [url]

Jan 23 11 5:40 AM

QUOTE (Areop-Enap sister24 @ January 22, 2011 11:10 pm)
i have another question.
why is the title spelled Alchemyst with a "y" and in the book spelled Alchemist with an "i" ?

Well, I posted this idea a long while back: "I personally just assumed that it was an interesting meshing of "alchemy" {Arabic al-kimia = art of transmutation} and "myst" {Latin myst or mysterium = initiate into the mysteries}.
---But Mr. Scott has actually answered this for us on the forum:
QUOTE (Michael Scott)
Simple answer: it is one of the original spellings of Alchemyst/Alchemist. Michael

Nosce Te Ipsum/Know Thyself - One joy shatters a hundred griefs.
The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present. - Niccolo Machiavelli
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die. - H.P. Lovecraft
A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise. - Niccolo Machiavelli
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#394 [url]

Feb 3 11 1:44 AM

I don't think the first book was absolutely amazing, but it was enough to get me into the series. I liked the characters and the general story, but there was just something about the pacing that made reading the book a challenge for me. This would normally be a turn off for me in continuing a book series, but I still wanted to know where things were going by the end of the book. It took me a grand total of three months to read the first book, between a brutal summer semester at college and just not being totally engrossed, I found it hard to read more than a page or so a day.

But! Like I said, I enjoyed the story and the characters and still wanted to know where the story was going, so I picked up The Magician. I've only read the first three books at the moment, but I would say that The Magician is my absolute favorite of the three. I managed to finish reading it in a little over a week. I loved the pacing, it went at a much smoother rate and I was enamored with the extending cast of characters. Germain and Machiavelli were my favorites among the lot. Whereas I think Dee is kind of boring, Machiavelli just has this smooth charm that puts him above slithery bad guy and into the realm of charismatic mastermind.

Quote    Reply   

#395 [url]

Feb 9 11 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Kurenai @ February 03, 2011 01:44 am)
I don't think the first book was absolutely amazing, but it was enough to get me into the series. I liked the characters and the general story, but there was just something about the pacing that made reading the book a challenge for me. This would normally be a turn off for me in continuing a book series, but I still wanted to know where things were going by the end of the book. It took me a grand total of three months to read the first book, between a brutal summer semester at college and just not being totally engrossed, I found it hard to read more than a page or so a day.

But! Like I said, I enjoyed the story and the characters and still wanted to know where the story was going, so I picked up The Magician. I've only read the first three books at the moment, but I would say that The Magician is my absolute favorite of the three. I managed to finish reading it in a little over a week. I loved the pacing, it went at a much smoother rate and I was enamored with the extending cast of characters. Germain and Machiavelli were my favorites among the lot. Whereas I think Dee is kind of boring, Machiavelli just has this smooth charm that puts him above slithery bad guy and into the realm of charismatic mastermind.

flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif gasp! how could you say such things! oh... cool! Micheal answered. kinda. yeah... i agree blue jay.

user posted image
Aura Color:White Aura Scent: Lavender Master of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth
Seventh daughter of a seventh daughter
Long-lost sister of Areop-Enap

Quote    Reply   

#396 [url]

Feb 14 11 6:43 PM

QUOTE (Kurenai @ February 03, 2011 01:44 am)

It's a very complicated series so i think the first book had to have a lot of introducing the main characters otherwise the following books would be a lot more complicated. I wouldn't say Dee was boring but completely agree with what you say about Machiavelli - he's more than just an evil guy!!

Aura: Deep Red
Scent: Smouldering Parchment
Magics: Fire and Air
The promise given was a necessity of the past, the word broken is a necessity of the present.

Quote    Reply   

JLB

Sorcerer

#397 [url]

Feb 21 11 9:18 PM

I was at Borders a few weeks ago and I saw that one of the store employees wrote a recommendation for The Alchimyst.

user posted image
Carpe diem, et non dimittet.

Quote    Reply   

#398 [url]

Feb 24 11 4:05 AM

Every time I stop by a book store I cheek and make sure they have the series or attest the first book, so far I never had to tell a person to put it in a store, next time I go to booksamaillion I will tell my favorite worker(who helps me find good books) to recommend the Alchemist and I just like sitting there starring at these books tucked sneakly in the shelf, thinking how great it would be for them to be more reviling(yes I like this book this much)

user posted image
Aura:Red Scent:Lemon
Knowing others is intelligence Knowing your self is true wisdom
Mastering others is strength Mastering your self is true power
Element:Wind & Earth Weapon: Runes, Marks, Swords

Quote    Reply   

#399 [url]

Apr 24 11 4:22 PM

The Alchemyst is in many ways the best book. Scatty has more fights, Dee has cooler magic. I only miss Mach. flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

Color: Cadmium Red Scent:Wood Smoke There is equal light in darkness, if you but know where to seek it. "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."Niccolo Machiavelli.
"It is much more secure to be feared than to be loved" Niccolo Macchiavelli[COLOR=red]

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#400 [url]

Jun 21 11 4:11 PM

**This thread has now been re-opened but it is NOT to contain information from The Warlock**

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help