Remove this ad

#361 [url]

Jul 29 10 4:09 PM

I really liked "The Alchemyst"! I have always had a thing with mythology from the ancient times. And the Alchemyst ties in a LOT of mythology! I love how Mr. Scott changes what character he is writing about every so often. It gives a good insight on them and possibly books to come. I can't wait to finish the series! flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image

Aura Color: Terquoise
Aura Sent: Lilac
Element: Water and Fire

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#363 [url]

Aug 1 10 8:23 PM

That was cool. I enjoyed how Dee and Nick both try to pin that one on the other.

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#364 [url]

Aug 5 10 5:18 AM

Remember the part in the last chapter or so of The Alchemyst when they were all with the Witch of Endor and Scathach saw a glass paperweight with a man in a suit carrying a briefcase and a sheaf of papers in it? I always thought that man could be John Dee who was trapped in the future in a paperweight then sent back in time so the Witch of Endor can keep watch over him. Does anyone else think this? Do you think the Whitch is so carefree because she already knows her side has won? After all, she can sort of see the future.

Aura Color: Cloud Grey
Aura Scent: Pine
Element: Water & Air

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#365 [url]

Aug 5 10 12:28 PM

QUOTE (RainaWeather @ August 05, 2010 12:18 am)
Remember the part in the last chapter or so of The Alchemyst when they were all with the Witch of Endor and Scathach saw a glass paperweight with a man in a suit carrying a briefcase and a sheaf of papers in it? I always thought that man could be John Dee who was trapped in the future in a paperweight then sent back in time so the Witch of Endor can keep watch over him. Does anyone else think this? Do you think the Whitch is so carefree because she already knows her side has won? After all, she can sort of see the future.

That's an interesting theory about a future Dee but I think what Scatty may have been seeing in the paperweight was this

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
The Witch pinched Scathach's cheek. The last person who mocked me was a tax inspector. I turned him into a paperweight, she said. I still have it here somewhere.

Quote    Reply   

#366 [url]

Aug 5 10 3:52 PM

I like the way she said that...like a normal old lady who had misplaced her glasses or something: "Oh, don't fret! I still have them around here somewhere!" The Witch of Endor is awesome like that.

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#367 [url]

Aug 9 10 1:10 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ August 05, 2010 07:28 am)
QUOTE (RainaWeather @ August 05, 2010 12:18 am)

That's an interesting theory about a future Dee but I think what Scatty may have been seeing in the paperweight was this

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
The Witch pinched Scathach's cheek. The last person who mocked me was a tax inspector. I turned him into a paperweight, she said. I still have it here somewhere.

oh . . . I don't even remember reading that part. Well, there goes my theory.

Aura Color: Cloud Grey
Aura Scent: Pine
Element: Water & Air

Quote    Reply   

#369 [url]

Aug 9 10 5:00 PM

I have just finished reading "The Sourceress (La Hechicera)", in my opinion the trasntaltion could be better, for the dialogues itselves. Let say that it is not made for Spanish of Mexico and Latin America.

I have not found "The Necromancer" for sale in Mexico, nor the spanish or the english version, and what it is what continues. It would be a good idea to make a table game with the characters, I have made some, I can help, if he/she is interested.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#370 [url]

Aug 15 10 1:34 AM

Our no Necromancer spoiler poilcy has now been lifted, posts after this one may contain spoilers, read on at your own risk if you have not yet read The Necromancer.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#372 [url]

Sep 10 10 7:08 AM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ September 10, 2010 04:04 am)
How do you translate the phrase (was it Latin?) at the dedication of the Alchemyst?
iamque opus exegi

You have asked identical questions in three other threads, please re-read the C.O.C and refrain from doing this again in the future.

Quote    Reply   

#373 [url]

Sep 13 10 10:32 PM

One thing that bugs me in the in the Alchemyst is when Dee says...

"We will, " Dee said. " We've accumulated all of the other threasures over the years. Only the Book remains."

I wonder what all of the other treasures are and if they tie into the story in any way.

user posted image
Aura Color- Amethyst
Aura Scent- Plums
Magical Specialty- Alchemy
Elemental Specialties- Air and Water

Quote    Reply   

saphira243

Spellcaster

#374 [url]

Sep 14 10 2:43 AM

QUOTE (ajzennaman @ September 13, 2010 10:32 pm)

"We will, " Dee said. " We've accumulated all of the other threasures over the years. Only the Book remains."

I wonder what all of the other treasures are and if they tie into the story in any way.

Maybe he means flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif the swords of legends or something, but maybe not.

user posted image
I am the Master of Night. I'm that feeling your being watched.
Aura color: Sapphire Aura scent: ice

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#375 [url]

Sep 14 10 12:17 PM

QUOTE (saphira243 @ September 13, 2010 09:43 pm)

Maybe he means flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif the swords of legends or something, but maybe not.

There is actually a thread with some good ideas on what these treasures might be.

http://flamelssecret.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=87

Quote    Reply   

#377 [url]

Sep 20 10 2:51 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ September 14, 2010 12:17 pm)
QUOTE (saphira243 @ September 13, 2010 09:43 pm)

There is actually a thread with some good ideas on what these treasures might be.

http://flamelssecret.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=87

Thanks, I'm glad that there's a thread to discuss this.

user posted image
Aura Color- Amethyst
Aura Scent- Plums
Magical Specialty- Alchemy
Elemental Specialties- Air and Water

Quote    Reply   

#378 [url]

Oct 22 10 2:45 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ February 10, 2009 05:20 pm)
QUOTE (animal_lover12 @ February 10, 2009 11:16 am)
QUOTE (LunaAquaVirgo @ February 10, 2009 01:57 am)
QUOTE (animal_lover12 @ February 09, 2009 04:26 pm)
ya I know like that's what's always puzzled me and the fact that who is Dee's master? keeps on coming up and I really want to know but my friend has a theory on that.

Do you care to share your friend's theory? Please... flamelssecret/pray.gif

My friend's theory is that he has no elder. but I'm not sold on that idea. It doesn't explain some of the things in the book.

my argument with that is if he doesnt have an elder how is he immortal?

I know that Dee has an elder but still for arguments sake. He may have become immortal the same way that St. Germain became immortal "no one knows" flamelssecret/twocents.gif

Aura: Green Scent: Freshly Tilled Earth Specialty: Earth

Yours until Niagara Falls!

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#379 [url]

Oct 22 10 2:57 PM

Joan is immortal. She technically/as far as we know doesn't have an Elder either... unless we count Scatty. But, and this is a fairly big but here, why would Dee talk his Elder up so much if he didn't have one?

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#380 [url]

Oct 22 10 8:32 PM

QUOTE (h2oinferno @ October 22, 2010 02:45 pm)
QUOTE (Spacecadet @ February 10, 2009 05:20 pm)
QUOTE (animal_lover12 @ February 10, 2009 11:16 am)
QUOTE (LunaAquaVirgo @ February 10, 2009 01:57 am)
QUOTE (animal_lover12 @ February 09, 2009 04:26 pm)
ya I know like that's what's always puzzled me and the fact that who is Dee's master? keeps on coming up and I really want to know but my friend has a theory on that.

Do you care to share your friend's theory? Please... flamelssecret/pray.gif

My friend's theory is that he has no elder. but I'm not sold on that idea. It doesn't explain some of the things in the book.

my argument with that is if he doesnt have an elder how is he immortal?

I know that Dee has an elder but still for arguments sake. He may have become immortal the same way that St. Germain became immortal "no one knows" flamelssecret/twocents.gif
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help