Remove this ad

#341 [url]

May 19 10 1:24 AM

this is a great book... I love it.. although the Magician is my favourite so far! the necromancer looks really good...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#343 [url]

May 20 10 4:55 AM

I saw this book in Wal-Mart and jokingly mentioned to my dad that I was gonna have to read them. The name Nicholas Flamel jumped out at me while walking down the book isle, which I do all the time. I love Harry Potter, pretty much anything with the supernatural in it. Two days later my dad brought me the audiobook for it from our county library. I had a hard time turning it off and going to bed! I've looked the characters up on the internet and it's amazing to me that they were real people! I love the way Michael Scott writes!

user posted image
Aura color: Auqamarine
Scent: Sea Breeze

Element: Water

Quote    Reply   

#344 [url]

May 24 10 2:32 PM

QUOTE (Lucy @ March 31, 2010 10:03 pm)
One thing that I have been thinking about in the Alchemyst is, what makes Ojai so special? We know that Dora lives there and built her shop there because it was built upon seven great ley lines. So what is it about Ojai? Well one thing I learned was that the Chumash Indians, who are mentioned in the Alchemyst, settled in Ojai and when they got there they named it Ojai meaning "Valley of the Moon." I thought that was interesting.

Valley of the Moon... that is very interesting... wonder if that plays more into the story than we might know?

user posted image

Aura Color: Amaranth
Aura Scent: Freshly Broken Pomegranate

Quote    Reply   

#345 [url]

May 24 10 4:23 PM

QUOTE (jacobs_bella @ May 24, 2010 07:32 am)
QUOTE (Lucy @ March 31, 2010 10:03 pm)
One thing that I have been thinking about in the Alchemyst is, what makes Ojai so special?  We know that Dora lives there and built her shop there because it was built upon seven great ley lines.  So what is it about Ojai?  Well one thing I learned was that the Chumash Indians, who are mentioned in the Alchemyst, settled in Ojai and when they got there they named it Ojai meaning "Valley of the Moon."  I thought that was interesting.

Valley of the Moon... that is very interesting... wonder if that plays more into the story than we might know?

Could a moon goddess have anything to do with that? Or is it just named in her honor by worshiper?

Aura:Sunshine Yellow
Scent:Ozone

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#347 [url]

Jun 4 10 2:22 AM

Moon goddess? Isn't Sophie the Moon Twin? And The Witch was the one who gave her memories to Sophie, in Ojaj!

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#348 [url]

Jun 8 10 7:19 PM

QUOTE (AthenaApril @ June 04, 2010 02:22 am)
Moon goddess? Isn't Sophie the Moon Twin? And The Witch was the one who gave her memories to Sophie, in Ojaj!

yes that`s a very interegin fact indeed

user posted image
Aura color: Lime Green Aura Scent: Burnt Corpses Elements Masterd : Fire & Water
I have recieved the gift of foresight

- Before all else, be armed.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote    Reply   

#349 [url]

Jun 8 10 11:05 PM

yeah...not many people look back here because most have already read the alchemyst long ago...but you can still unearth some cool stuff. Valley of the moon...I bet the witch will be involved later on in the series.

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#350 [url]

Jun 15 10 11:09 PM

I really liked the Alchemyst, But not as much as the magician.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#351 [url]

Jun 19 10 4:14 PM

The Alchemyst got me really hooked and the other books are slowly drawing me closer. The description is so good...if I tried to write like that I would flop dead on the floor within two minutes.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#353 [url]

Jun 22 10 8:26 PM

The cover was pretty cool, does the cover correpsond with the elements learned in that book?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#354 [url]

Jul 18 10 1:05 AM

I'm in the middle of reading this... As a young author I must judge this book honestly; I love the plot, the theme, the characters, the one thing is that the style of writing doesn't go with the theme very well. But it's still a great book and series so far.

Quote    Reply   

#355 [url]

Jul 19 10 6:00 PM

Hey, I just remembered a really awesome/upsetting part, when Dee, The Morrigan, Bastet and Senuhet were trying to escape Hekate's shadowream, and they left Senuhet behind... That was really awesome. Not that they left him behind, I mean, that was upsetting but it was explained and I could picture it in my mind and it seemed so awesome.

They better not exclude that from the movie to come.

Quote    Reply   

#357 [url]

Jul 20 10 12:22 AM

I always seem to admire the more cunning characters. And Bastet is undoubtedly cunning. So there must have been a reason for his fatality... I know she mentioned it... I can almost be positive... Time to re-read! flamelssecret/read.gif

Quote    Reply   

#358 [url]

Jul 20 10 1:12 AM

I want to know more about Hel... that god that Dee got really upset? ya... I would like to know what she/he is planning to do with Dee. flamelssecret/evillaugh smiley.gif

user posted image
Kitties are the BEST! <3

Quote    Reply   

#359 [url]

Jul 21 10 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Sca_thach_Fan @ July 20, 2010 12:22 am)
I always seem to admire the more cunning characters. And Bastet is undoubtedly cunning. So there must have been a reason for his fatality... I know she mentioned it... I can almost be positive... Time to re-read! flamelssecret/read.gif

It certainly startled Dee a little, how they just let him go like that.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#360 [url]

Jul 21 10 12:53 AM

I was very shocked, that's for sure. That was one of the parts that my friends at school just wont stop talking about.

but I don't mind.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help