Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Oct 28 10 2:01 AM

oh yeah... that seems to make sense. how i wish i can be apprenticed by the Witch too!!!

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#22 [url]

Oct 28 10 6:58 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ October 27, 2010 12:15 pm)
Well we know the Perenelle apprenticed for the witch of endor, and the witch sought out archon tech and destroyed it. So I'm sure through her apprenticeship, Perenelle learned about the crystal skulls in at least some capacity and knew how to find them or stole one from the witch before it was destroyed.

But SC, just to keep the discussion going, would Endor have kept a skull for herself when she squandered her wealth in her quest to destroy all artifacts relating to the Races that came before hers? Or would she have been so careless to let it slip to Perenelle something she does not want the Humani to get a hold on?

Another thought on how the Skull came into the Flamels possession is that Perry saw in a vision that she will need it in the future, relating this to the vision she told Nicholas she had when her husband was bent on destroying the Skull during the A-Bomb testing

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Oct 28 10 8:52 AM

In the Necromancer, when Sophie saw the crystal skull for the first time, the witch's memories flashed before her eyes. Then Perenelle asked her if the witch knows anything about the crystal skull and Sophie "was it instincts or the witch's memories? - made her lie and said 'No.'"
This happened while Prometheus is training Josh the Magic of Fire. (can't remember what chapter.)
So Perenelle never learned anything about the crystal skull from the witch during her apprenticeship with her.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#24 [url]

Oct 28 10 1:05 PM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ October 28, 2010 03:52 am)
In the Necromancer, when Sophie saw the crystal skull for the first time, the witch's memories flashed before her eyes. Then Perenelle asked her if the witch knows anything about the crystal skull and Sophie "was it instincts or the witch's memories? - made her lie and said 'No.'"
This happened while Prometheus is training Josh the Magic of Fire. (can't remember what chapter.)
So Perenelle never learned anything about the crystal skull from the witch during her apprenticeship with her.

Well we know Perry isnt 100% truthful all the time, just like Nicholas. It's possible she was asking sophie to try and gain more information from the witch's memories. i say this because looking at the definition of sorcery we have

1. in the belief of some, the use of an evil supernatural power over people and their affairs; black magic
2. seemingly magical power, influence, or charm

And in the scene you mention its almost as if perenelle is trying to "charm" or influence sophie to get more information. Sophie of course seems to sense something is up and lies.

I don't think perenelle would ever admit to what she knows in a full extent, and based on the beginning of the warlock we know she knows a lot. So it is still likely perry learned about the skulls through the witch. Its equally possible she learned about their existence from the hookhanded man when he told her "everything" (the question is how much detail did he go into to?).

@Moviebuff No I do not think the witch was careless enough to let perenelle take a crystal skull unless she wanted her to. We have two characters with the unique ability to determine/know what the future holds. So its possible the witch let perry think she was getting away with taking the crystal skull. Its equally possible like i said before that she only learned of their existence from the witch, or didn't even learn about them from the witch but from the hookhanded man. If she didnt steal a skull from the witch its possible that when she learned of there existence she went and sought one out. At any rate those are three likely options for how perry learned about and possibly obtained a crystal skull.

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#25 [url]

Oct 30 10 5:20 AM

Well reason SC, and yes I agree the Witch would never let anything slip her, she is very calculating to the extent that Hekate died because she doesn't know when and where to interfere.

Going back to the Skull, of course Sophie know about it and like SC said Perry was trying to gain access to more information about it. Perenelle seemed like she was fishing in the scene Nurmengard was talking about.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Dec 26 10 5:46 AM

what exactly are they? all i could catch from what i read in the book is that it almost killed Nicholas.

flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif yay!!! spellcaster!!!

user posted image
Aura Color:White Aura Scent: Lavender Master of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth
Seventh daughter of a seventh daughter
Long-lost sister of Areop-Enap

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Dec 30 10 8:25 AM

If Perenelle already knew about the crystal skulls, then why does she have to ask Sophie a question that she already knew the answer?
My opinion is that Perenelle really don't know...
(but of course, I could be wrong.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Dec 30 10 5:39 PM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ December 30, 2010 08:25 am)
If Perenelle already knew about the crystal skulls, then why does she have to ask Sophie a question that she already knew the answer?

Maybe Perry asked Sophie to see how much she knew from the witch? flamelssecret/idk.gif

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#29 [url]

Dec 31 10 9:01 AM

She knows of it and some of it's uses but not all of the secrets it contains.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Jan 13 11 1:23 AM

QUOTE (Archon14 @ December 30, 2010 05:39 pm)

Maybe Perry asked Sophie to see how much she knew from the witch? flamelssecret/idk.gif

I think that Perenelle knew that Sophie knew about the skulls from the witch's memories; she was testing how much Sophie trusted her.

Aura Color: Dark Grey Aura Scent: Nothing

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Jan 13 11 3:50 AM

QUOTE (dude2000 @ January 13, 2011 01:23 am)
QUOTE (Archon14 @ December 30, 2010 05:39 pm)

I think that Perenelle knew that Sophie knew about the skulls from the witch's memories; she was testing how much Sophie trusted her.

that's what i think too. i don't believe that Perenelle believed Sophie's answer if the Witch knows about the skulls

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

May 5 11 8:46 PM

okay, right off hand can anyone recall how many crystal skulls there are supposed to be? I have a theory but I can't remember how many there are

user posted image
"After all this time?" Always...
Aura: Dark Purple & Dark Green...... Scent: Cave Mud...... Element:Fire

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#33 [url]

May 5 11 8:57 PM

QUOTE (phoenix11 @ May 05, 2011 02:46 pm)
okay, right off hand can anyone recall how many crystal skulls there are supposed to be? I have a theory but I can't remember how many there are

I dont think it was ever said how many there were.

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

May 5 11 9:09 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ May 05, 2011 01:57 pm)
QUOTE (phoenix11 @ May 05, 2011 02:46 pm)

I dont think it was ever said how many there were.

I'm pretty sure there only was the one.

QUOTE (The Necromancer @ page 287)
The walls were empty—though they must have once held countless books—and all that remained in the center of the room was a crystal skull on a plinth of polished metal.

Edit: Oh, nope! Space was totally right.

QUOTE (The Necromancer @ page 287)
This was Archon technology, and they had created the skulls based on even older knowledge. The Witch had spent centuries searching for artifacts just like it, and when she’d found them, she had destroyed them utterly.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

May 5 11 10:39 PM

Thanks for that Spacey and ST, couldn't remember for the life of me

Anyways, prepare for a MEGA conspiracy theory

So, I'm rereading the books before the Warlock comes out and I was looking into the Homofloresiensis (discovered by Richard and Sarah) and the pictures of their skulls in my opinion bear a striking resemblance to the crystal skull on the Necromancer cover. So I got to thinking could they somehow be related??

Doing some research into the Skulls themselves the crystal was found to contain chlorite inclusions only found in Madagascar and Brazil. The first people that arrived in Madagascar are believed to be from Afro-Indonesian descent. Where the Homofloresiensis were found. So could the Skulls be modeled after the Hobbits instead of Humans, or something to that effect? What do you think?

user posted image
"After all this time?" Always...
Aura: Dark Purple & Dark Green...... Scent: Cave Mud...... Element:Fire

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#36 [url]

May 6 11 1:14 AM

how many archons were there? I'm thinking each archon created a skull?

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

May 6 11 6:30 PM

Archons were a race, so probably there was a lot of them. There were twelve archons mentioned somewhere too (by the way, does anyone know, where does this twelve archons thing comes from?), but they could have been only ones left by now, the most powerful ones, or something like that.

user posted image
Aura color: Dark green
Aura scent: Pine
Element: Lightning

Why is "weird" an insult when we all spend our lives striving to be weird? /bonesiii/

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Jul 13 11 6:52 PM

I think that the skull was created by Coatlicue *please excuse my writing* because someone said that the skull was a true vampire and that it steal your memories and then someone else said * I think Aoife* that Coatilcue was the creator of the vampires or something like that!

Aura: Amazonian Aqua with a streak of Atlantean Amber
Scent: Watermelon, Pomegrante and Cherries.

"I am older than the Humani, Next Generation, Elders, Archons, Ancients, and even the so called legendary Earthlords. I am one of the First; I am the last of the First."

Quote    Reply   

ads0504

Spellcaster

#40 [url]

Aug 10 11 5:13 PM

i have no idea who made it but the witch of endor destroyed most of the archon technology but why not that skull flamelssecret/confused0058.gif

aura~ yellow
aura sent~ bananas
element specialty~ alchemy,earth,fire,air,water,and Aether

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help