Remove this ad

#1301 [url]

Jul 27 12 9:03 PM

sorry let me redo that josh becomes marethyu after getting the four sword but marethyu exsits at the same time the four swords are sepprated i dont get how that is possible?
sorry about the other post about sophie i didnt know where to post it
sorry if i spelled something wrong im not the best speller

Aura: Red
Scent: fresh corn dogs

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1302 [url]

Jul 28 12 12:54 AM

QUOTE (gold king @ July 27, 2012 09:03 pm)
sorry let me redo that josh becomes marethyu after getting the four sword but marethyu exsits at the same time the four swords are sepprated i dont get how that is possible?

Marehtyu is death, and can travel through time. Also, the swords are the swords before they have been fused, so basically in the books Marethyu, in addition to saving the world, is trying to ensure his own existance.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#1303 [url]

Jul 28 12 3:43 AM

QUOTE (gold king @ July 27, 2012 04:03 pm)

I dont think its a paradoxical situation. I think the swords exist in whatever time they are taken to, they have their own timeline as well. the swords josh uses to become marehtyu came from the present when josh got them from dee after making a portal to the past. Prior to going to the past dee had 3 of the four swords and nicholas had the 4th clarant. From there back we dont know where nicholas or dee acquired the swords.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1304 [url]

Jul 28 12 2:04 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ July 28, 2012 03:43 am)
QUOTE (gold king @ July 27, 2012 04:03 pm)

I dont think its a paradoxical situation. I think the swords exist in whatever time they are taken to, they have their own timeline as well. the swords josh uses to become marehtyu came from the present when josh got them from dee after making a portal to the past. Prior to going to the past dee had 3 of the four swords and nicholas had the 4th clarant. From there back we dont know where nicholas or dee acquired the swords.

Exactly. I agree, and you worded it a lot better than I did.

Quote    Reply   

#1305 [url]

Sep 7 12 2:37 PM

So does anyone know who Marethyu is and from what mythology? This question is still bugging me anyone figure it out yet?

Aura Scent: Coca-Cola
Master of Fire

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1306 [url]

Sep 7 12 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Torc-Tioger @ September 07, 2012 02:37 pm)
So does anyone know who Marethyu is and from what mythology? This question is still bugging me anyone figure it out yet?

I am not sure, but I believe that others have found that some of his other names are from languages of mythologies, though I cant name them off of the top of my head.

Quote    Reply   

Papa Pat

Apprentice

#1307 [url]

Sep 7 12 11:32 PM

I believe the earliest record of the word (that I've heard of or seen) is in a German translation of a Sanskrit dictionary of sorts. Going to Latin we can see a cognate in Marethyu/Mortis, and the term "checkmate" from chess originally was pronounced more like "Shah Mat" ("The king (shah) is dead (mat)". That's ancient Persian, the forerunner of modern Farsi, but I believe the Sanskrit predates Persian. Any "real" linguists around here?

Aura color: Plaid.
Scent: Cilantro.

Quote    Reply   

#1308 [url]

Sep 8 12 2:13 AM

I wonder why then Marethyu has a black aura instead of gold?

Aura colour:White Aura scent:Lemon
Speciality: Sorcerer
Elemental Magic: Fire
user posted image
"The fifth force was the magic of Time, the greatest of all magics."

Quote    Reply   

#1309 [url]

Sep 8 12 5:33 AM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ September 07, 2012 09:13 pm)
I wonder why then Marethyu has a black aura instead of gold?

We didn't saw Marethyu's aura until the very end of the series, revealing it to be gold. Marethyu is a being of age beyond reckoning, so the magic/technology he uses sometimes doesn't need the aura, also, his aura is being shiponed by the hook, so sometimes he may not use his aura, he may use the power of the hook.

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

#1310 [url]

Sep 8 12 5:45 AM

In the Warlock, he is captured, I think. When he breaks free from his chains while talking to Aten it says that shadows gather around him. And yes, he would have to use his aura for the hook to power it. The hook, I think just channels it.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1311 [url]

Sep 8 12 6:05 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ September 08, 2012 05:45 am)
In the Warlock, he is captured, I think. When he breaks free from his chains while talking to Aten it says that shadows gather around him. And yes, he would have to use his aura for the hook to power it. The hook, I think just channels it.

Remember, though, he says that he has no aura. I believe that the hook naturally draws on it to power itself, so the hook performs the magic, not his aura, the aura is just the energy that feeds the hook. However, I believe that he is able to draw up his aura for a short time, as he does at the end of the series, though he does not need to to perform magic as usual, as he has the hook.

Quote    Reply   

#1312 [url]

Sep 8 12 9:48 PM

There you go. I've been proved wrong again, which is a good thing. I've learnt a lot more!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1313 [url]

Sep 8 12 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ September 08, 2012 09:48 pm)
There you go. I've been proved wrong again, which is a good thing. I've learnt a lot more!

Well, we all are wrong from time to time. Thank you for agreeing to my answer though! I appreciate it.

Quote    Reply   

#1314 [url]

Sep 9 12 3:10 PM

i had checked it out at one point and the oldest it showed was ireland and those other countries in that area

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1315 [url]

Sep 9 12 4:35 PM

QUOTE (gold king @ September 09, 2012 03:10 pm)
[QUOTE]So does anyone know who Marethyu is and from what mythology? This question is still bugging me anyone figure it out yet?
i had checked it out at one point and the oldest it showed was ireland and those other countries in that area

ah, good research. To quote something, just go to that post and click the quote button on the side, the post you are quoting will go on the bottom, and you can type your message on the top.

Quote    Reply   

#1316 [url]

Sep 10 12 7:36 AM

A lot of this ancient information like Marethyu is based on Irish mythoilogy.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#1317 [url]

Nov 26 12 6:07 AM

well marethyu is older then time the name may be from ireland but his name tranlates to death and as we all know death aka the grim reaper the undertaker etc has been all over mythology all put him in a cloak of some kind always in the shadows with unmentionable power. but my question is theres suppose to be a serious about the earth lords right? well when does th first book come? and will marethyu be making apperences

Quote    Reply   

#1318 [url]

Nov 27 12 3:22 AM

gold king wrote:
well marethyu is older then time the name may be from ireland but his name tranlates to death and as we all know death aka the grim reaper the undertaker etc has been all over mythology all put him in a cloak of some kind always in the shadows with unmentionable power. but my question is theres suppose to be a serious about the earth lords right? well when does th first book come? and will marethyu be making apperences
The Earthlord Series is still a work in progress. There is no date yet as to when it will be published; we don't even have a cover yet. The Earthlords is a new series, and it will only have a small connection to the Flamel Series. I think there will be no character from Flamel that will make an appearance on this new series. However, we have been told that there will be more short stories like The Death of Joan of Arc and Billy the Kid and the Vampyres of Vegas and I think we can expect Marethyu to make an appearance on these stories. But we should be excited all the same for The Earthlords. I bet this new series will be as good as Flamel, if not better.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#1319 [url]

Nov 27 12 3:32 AM

i was wondering when it came outagain because i rreally cant wait to readthe new serious. but hey Nurmengard where did you post your short story to get yourgoldaura title

Quote    Reply   

#1320 [url]

Feb 24 13 12:20 AM

zephire. i was wondering why the website changed i mean it use to have a different appearence then this. and also how can i email mr scott id love to tell him just how great his serious is and also how he got all of his information i mean ive studied mythology since i was little and some ive never heard of. so i would love to email him

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help