Remove this ad

leafy

#1281 [url]

Jul 22 12 4:12 AM

I was thinking... maybe Marethyu has the ability to change the smell of his aura? And the colour too?

I also agree with the possible fact that maybe Marethyu doesn't have a showing aura because the Aether sword used up power from Josh/Marethyu.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1282 [url]

Jul 22 12 4:06 PM

QUOTE (leafy @ July 22, 2012 12:12 am)
I was thinking... maybe Marethyu has the ability to change the smell of his aura? And the colour too?

I don't think so, It was said earlier in the book that aura scents can be changed only if you're not a gold or silver. Even though the hook may be draining his powers, i think he still as a gold aura with the scent of oranges.

Aura Color: Dodger Blue
Aura Scent: Woodsmoke

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#1283 [url]

Jul 22 12 7:15 PM

QUOTE (tristanhowlett @ July 23, 2012 12:06 am)

I don't think so, It was said earlier in the book that aura scents can be changed only if you're not a gold or silver. Even though the hook may be draining his powers, i think he still as a gold aura with the scent of oranges.

at the end of the enchantress when he opened the portal to paris it was gold

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   

#1284 [url]

Jul 24 12 12:31 PM

QUOTE (merlin67 @ July 22, 2012 07:15 pm)

But,he said to Dee,he has no Aura.He Lied?

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#1285 [url]

Jul 24 12 12:52 PM

QUOTE (BirdGuy @ July 24, 2012 07:31 am)

I don't think Marethyu lied about not having an aura, I think the gold emanated from the magic in his hook, not him.

QUOTE (The Enchantress)
“Josh is no more. Now I am Marethyu. I am Death, and I am here to take you home.” His hook moved and a golden arc appeared over the bench. The air suddenly smelled of oranges, and he smiled. “You did say Paris, didn’t you?”

Quote    Reply   

#1286 [url]

Jul 24 12 1:20 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ July 24, 2012 12:52 pm)
QUOTE (BirdGuy @ July 24, 2012 07:31 am)

I don't think Marethyu lied about not having an aura, I think the gold emanated from the magic in his hook, not him.

QUOTE (The Enchantress)
“Josh is no more. Now I am Marethyu. I am Death, and I am here to take you home.” His hook moved and a golden arc appeared over the bench. The air suddenly smelled of oranges, and he smiled. “You did say Paris, didn’t you?”

That makes sense,The Hook is the fusion of the four swords of power,and the swords creates leygate,Marethyu can have uses the hook to create a leygate

Please keep your post trains to a maximum of 4 embedded quotes as can clog up the threads. Thanks! ~ Moviebuff

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#1287 [url]

Jul 25 12 12:00 AM

“Josh is no more. Now I am Marethyu. I am Death, and I am here to take you home.” His hook moved and a golden arc appeared over the bench. The air suddenly smelled of ORANGES , and he smiled. “You did say Paris, didn’t you?

what about the smell of oranges

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters

Quote    Reply   

#1288 [url]

Jul 25 12 12:05 AM

I have a theory and I have backing. I think Marethyu plays a role in the destruction of each race. And succession of the next. I think he helped destroy the Earthlords to help the Ancients survive. And he did the same to the Ancients for the Archons.

It makes sense: Each of the races knew him and once ruled the Earth but now none of them do.

When he becomes Marethyu he says "I am become Death, destroyer of Worlds" as in plural of "world". This suggests that he will destroy others.

Earthlords, Ancients, Archons, Elders all had names with similar meanings for him. Which is death.

What do you think?

"Fire is the most power full of all magics<---- " --Comte De Saint Germain ( Francis)
aura color: light red aura smell: pomegranates
Magics Mastered: water and Fire..........Kind: Magician..........Magics Learned: All
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#1289 [url]

Jul 25 12 1:24 AM

QUOTE (Francis De Saint Germain 09 @ July 25, 2012 08:05 am)
I have a theory and I have backing. I think Marethyu plays a role in the destruction of each race. And succession of the next. I think he helped destroy the Earthlords to help the Ancients survive. And he did the same to the Ancients for the Archons.

It makes sense: Each of the races knew him and once ruled the Earth but now none of them do.

When he becomes Marethyu he says "I am become Death, destroyer of Worlds" as in plural of "world". This suggests that he will destroy others.

Earthlords, Ancients, Archons, Elders all had names with similar meanings for him. Which is death.

What do you think?

i agree flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1290 [url]

Jul 25 12 1:36 AM

QUOTE (merlin67 @ July 25, 2012 01:24 am)

When he becomes Marethyu he says "I am become Death, destroyer of Worlds" as in  plural of "world". This suggests that he will destroy others.

What do you think? 

sounds good, and it makes sense.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1291 [url]

Jul 25 12 2:36 AM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 25, 2012 01:36 am)
QUOTE (merlin67 @ July 25, 2012 01:24 am)

When he becomes Marethyu he says "I am become Death, destroyer of Worlds" as in  plural of "world". This suggests that he will destroy others.

What do you think?  

sounds good, and it makes sense.

Yep,Make sense.But my greatest doubt about him,is his powers.Does he still have a aura?The Hook Simulate His aura?He still can use the elemental magics,he learned when he still was Josh Newman?

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#1292 [url]

Jul 25 12 7:40 AM

QUOTE (BirdGuy @ July 25, 2012 02:36 am)
my greatest doubt about him,is his powers.Does he still have a aura?The Hook Simulate His aura?He still can use the elemental magics,he learned when he still was Josh Newman?

I think since he is Death he doesn't have an aura per se, rather a shadow of it when activated by the hook. I also think he can use all the Josh was taught because those knowledge are in his memories, he had become Death but it doesn't mean he has discarded all of Josh's qualities and what the later have learned.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#1293 [url]

Jul 25 12 2:40 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ July 25, 2012 07:40 am)
my greatest doubt about him,is his powers.Does he still have a aura?The Hook Simulate His aura?He still can use the elemental magics,he learned when he still was Josh Newman?

I think since he is Death he doesn't have an aura per se, rather a shadow of it when activated by the hook. I also think he can use all the Josh was taught because those knowledge are in his memories, he had become Death but it doesn't mean he has discarded all of Josh's qualities and what the later have learned.

Yes,that is more plausible.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1294 [url]

Jul 25 12 3:02 PM

QUOTE (BirdGuy @ July 25, 2012 02:40 pm)
QUOTE (Moviebuff @ July 25, 2012 07:40 am)

Yes,that is more plausible.

Also, he most likely knows what Josh learned, but remember that he is fused with the elemental swords, also giving him a strong control over the elements, as they are a part of him now, fusing to form the sickle. (I am sorry, I do not like calling it a hook) This may also mean that he has control over Earth magic as well, which he never had the chance to learn as Josh. It also explains how he can control time, as the four swords fuse to form the sword of Aether, allowing him to manipulate time to a degree.

Quote    Reply   

#1295 [url]

Jul 26 12 6:48 AM

I think that we all had a sense that Marethyu was Josh! Maybe only me but the book mentions piercing blue eyes. Marethyu suits him but it still was a very big surprise at the end.

Aura colour:White Aura scent:Lemon
Speciality: Sorcerer
Elemental Magic: Fire
user posted image
"The fifth force was the magic of Time, the greatest of all magics."

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1296 [url]

Jul 26 12 1:30 PM

QUOTE (Aethermagic @ July 26, 2012 06:48 am)
I think that we all had a sense that Marethyu was Josh! Maybe only me but the book mentions piercing blue eyes. Marethyu suits him but it still was a very big surprise at the end.

I, too, had a sneaking suspicion that Josh was Marethyu, especially when they mentioned his blue eyes and that the shadowrealm had no snakes. Also, with the extra moons thing, as it might be a way to remind himself of Sophie.

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#1297 [url]

Jul 26 12 2:13 PM

I GESSED it because he had blue eyes no snakes and he says my father or the person who i thoght was my father used to say all great civilizations must fall eventualy and thats sort of the things richard newman sayes

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#1298 [url]

Jul 26 12 2:15 PM

QUOTE (merlin67 @ July 26, 2012 02:13 pm)
I GESSED it because he had blue eyes no snakes and he says my father or the person who i thoght was my father used to say all great civilizations must fall eventualy and thats sort of the things richard newman sayes

Very true, I caught that one too

Quote    Reply   

#1299 [url]

Jul 27 12 5:49 PM

what i dont get is marethyu has aether the combination ofthe four swords of power yet josh has clarant and dee has the others how is that possible? also i dont know if it can bon this fourm but why does in the book the magican it says sophie and joan are both pure silvers yet joan has her secent as lavender and sophies is vanilla? how is that possible?

Aura: Red
Scent: fresh corn dogs

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#1300 [url]

Jul 27 12 6:07 PM

QUOTE (gold king @ July 27, 2012 12:49 pm)
what i dont get is marethyu has aether the combination ofthe four swords of power yet josh has clarant and dee has the others how is that possible?

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are asking but at the end of the enchantress Josh gets all four swords so he is able to combine them.

also i dont know if it can bon this fourm but why does in the book the magican it says sophie and joan are both pure silvers yet joan has her secent as lavender and sophies is vanilla? how is that possible?

As for this, its off topic for this thread, but if you are referring to the fact that gold and silver's have the same scent, I believe that was in reference to the fact that once their scent is set it can't be changed not that all the silvers in the world smell the same and all the golds smell the same.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help