Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jun 3 10 1:59 AM

QUOTE (@(•L•)@ @ June 02, 2010 06:52 pm)
Okay now I am so confused. Does Marethyu have blue or black eyes? Everyone is saying different things! flamelssecret/idk.gif flamelssecret/wall_.gif
Does anyone else have an eye color theory? Michael has already said people with the same color eye are related in some way.
@(•L•)@

In the Necromancer he has blue eyes, though I believe in the Magician he is stated to have had black eyes. Will find the quotes and edit post later.

Aura:Sunshine Yellow
Scent:Ozone

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 [url]

Jun 3 10 2:10 AM

QUOTE (mrprecise @ June 02, 2010 10:29 pm)
QUOTE (@(•L•)@ @ June 02, 2010 06:52 pm)
Okay now I am so confused. Does Marethyu have blue or black eyes? Everyone is saying different things! flamelssecret/idk.gif  flamelssecret/wall_.gif
Does anyone else have an eye color theory? Michael has already said people with the same color eye are related in some way.
@(•L•)@

In the Necromancer he has blue eyes, though I believe in the Magician he is stated to have had black eyes. Will find the quotes and edit post later.

That's what I thought.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Jun 3 10 2:19 AM

I'm pretty sure it says in all the books he has blue eyes...because I remember initially when I started to research him I came across captain hook first...who has blue eyes. If there was a time it said black eyes i completely missed it

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jun 3 10 2:24 AM

QUOTE (Mandragora @ June 03, 2010 02:19 am)
I'm pretty sure it says in all the books he has blue eyes...because I remember initially when I started to research him I came across captain hook first...who has blue eyes. If there was a time it said black eyes i completely missed it

..., captain hook, I thought we decided that he wasn't an option. -_-, anyways, I only had luck with a few of the characters, and haven't looked into it just yet. I've found that Nauda, Mesgera, and Paedur, either have alternate names, or they aren't known enough to have wiki pages. Its not my primary source, so I'm going to look into them, but I must say that its unlikely that any of the three are Marethyu in my opinion. At least until I've finished looking into it.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jun 3 10 2:27 AM

QUOTE (Rurounizakku @ June 02, 2010 07:24 pm)
QUOTE (Mandragora @ June 03, 2010 02:19 am)

..., captain hook, I thought we decided that he wasn't an option. -_-, anyways, I only had luck with a few of the characters, and haven't looked into it just yet. I've found that Nauda, Mesgera, and Paedur, either have alternate names, or they aren't known enough to have wiki pages. Its not my primary source, so I'm going to look into them, but I must say that its unlikely that any of the three are Marethyu in my opinion. At least until I've finished looking into it.

It's so frustrating and there is so little information on any of his possible identities, and I our school district pre-screened for accurancy of info. serach engine and nothing.

Aura:Sunshine Yellow
Scent:Ozone

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Jun 3 10 3:30 AM

So... we can cross off Yama (and Captain Hook as well! flamelssecret/hysterical.gif ).

Back to the drawing board. I am putting my money on Tyr at the moment, mostly because there don't seem to be many leads on Marethyu's identity. The one hole with this theory though, is that there is NEVER any mention of him replacing the hand in any way. And personally, Marethyu just doesn't... seem like a Norse god to me.

... Maybe we should look for gods that have lost hands in mythology?

user posted image
Each Event is proceeded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
~Zurin Arctus|The Underking

Aura color: Indigo
Scent: Blooming trees

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jun 3 10 3:36 AM

..., captain hook, I thought we decided that he wasn't an option. -_-,

yes I know but before it was confirmed and I was researching thats the first person who popped up..that was like a few months ago I think...He is fictional anyway so he couldn't be used.

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#50 [url]

Jun 3 10 3:38 AM

QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ June 03, 2010 03:30 am)
Maybe we should look for gods that have lost hands in mythology?

Based on Michael's last post, a search on mythological beings with only one hand is were we should look. He may also have a sibling or a twin (speculation)

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Jun 3 10 4:09 AM

I may be wrong about this, but I think I've eliminated the Fisher King from the choices, he didn't lose his hand. As far as I've read, by most accounts, he was hurt in the legs, or the ..., or he hurt his pride. Lets keep it at that. Hence the name Fisher King, the injury made it unbearable to ride his horse, so he started to fish as a past time. If you have a link to him losing his hand, I'd like to see it.

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jun 3 10 5:06 AM

QUOTE (mrprecise @ June 03, 2010 12:41 am)
QUOTE (@(•L•)@ @ June 02, 2010 05:40 pm)
Possibilities: Nauda, Tyr, Josh, Fisher King, Kamos, Mesgera, Paedur and unknown.

Somebody has the right name and it might be one of these.
We must search this forum for the right name. Michael says somebody on the forum has the right name.
@(•L•)@

How long ago did he say that or was it just like today?

That quote I put in that the hook handed mans identity had been guessed was said by Michael in early MArch of 2009.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#53 [url]

Jun 3 10 6:50 AM

Marethyu, remember is not a name. The character uses it as a title. So rather than race through the forum looking for names, you should be considering the meaning of the word (and I was delighted when someone - Sparticle I think - discovered its Sanskrit origins.)

Marethyu has multiple meanings.

Oh, and do remember than eyes colors can change in the books. We've seen it happen before, so that is not necessarily a give away.

Go back and see where the hook-handed man has appeared or been mentioned in the texts of the previous books.

And finally, I am drawing from very ancient mythological sources, so you're not going to find the answer on wikipedia.

Michael

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jun 3 10 12:01 PM

QUOTE (@(•L•)@ @ June 03, 2010 11:24 am)
Could it be Culchalain, Scatty and Aoife's boy friend? I think he lost a hand.

No, he just said he's using really old myth resources, meaning if you can find it on Wiki, its basically a pointless search, which also eliminates Tyr, Fisher King, and Kamos. All of them you can find on Wiki, though Kamos doesn't have much information.

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Jun 3 10 2:44 PM

QUOTE (Rurounizakku @ June 03, 2010 08:01 am)

No, he just said he's using really old myth resources, meaning if you can find it on Wiki, its basically a pointless search, which also eliminates Tyr, Fisher King, and Kamos. All of them you can find on Wiki, though Kamos doesn't have much information.

Good point, I wasn't really sure that Marethyu could be Tyr, after thinking about it. He was only a possibility. Again, it doesn't quite fit.

We need to really dig deep. This will take a while methinks. I'm not sure, maybe we shouldn't rely so much on online searches, but instead look in books. Some books have really old info. Something like this might be hard to look for, but at least we might get some solid information instead of useless search results.

user posted image
Each Event is proceeded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
~Zurin Arctus|The Underking

Aura color: Indigo
Scent: Blooming trees

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Jun 3 10 3:11 PM

QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ June 03, 2010 02:44 pm)
QUOTE (Rurounizakku @ June 03, 2010 08:01 am)

Good point, I wasn't really sure that Marethyu could be Tyr, after thinking about it. He was only a possibility. Again, it doesn't quite fit.

We need to really dig deep. This will take a while methinks. I'm not sure, maybe we shouldn't rely so much on online searches, but instead look in books. Some books have really old info. Something like this might be hard to look for, but at least we might get some solid information instead of useless search results.

Yeah, but I wouldn't mind having a translated copy of the book that we discovered the name Marethyu's origins. Then again, finding other resources adds to the fun. We're getting closer, but we still have so much research to do to find out who it is. It makes me want to flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jun 3 10 5:18 PM

I went back into "who is the hook-handed man"thread and Sparticle and Spacecadet talk about Thoth/Tehuti...I did some research on him. Has anyone read the emerald tablets yet? I'm liking what I'm seeing there. (especially tablet II)

I also tried to break down the meaning of Mathyu here is something I found...but bear with me its definitely kind of broken up:

Mare could mean Illusion/fruad

Thy is used as a possesive pronoun in the second person

u was tricky but this is what I got out of it...u was originally Waw which means "the hook" or is the digamma 6

I am posting this before I really understand some stuff....but maybe someone has more knowledge?

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Jun 3 10 7:15 PM

I have now searched every possible thing and the only other possibility I have come up with is Cronos. Except that there is the same problem with the Thoth theory, there is to much information about Chronos and Thoth.
I still gotta go with Nuada!
Keep researching!
I am determined to find the identity of Marethyu!
These are the words I have searched alone and together.
King, injured king, hook, myth, mythology, ancient, one-handed, claws, hook hand, lost his left hand, left hand, god, mrtyu, marethyu, Ophir, India, Black eyes, Blue eyes, hooded, injured god, little known god, little known kings, nuada, tyr and a lot more.
Maybe this is all a trick and he has no identity.
The King of Nothing?
Possibly Maui?
I think we need more hints to figure this one out!
Has anybody done better research than I have? What I've got is nil.
@(•L•)@

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jun 3 10 8:58 PM

When i read it i thought he was literally "Death" but personfied into human shape, i've read books like that before When Death is personified so i thought tht it was cool that Michael did tht too but now that i read this thread i realize its not, so thts just what i thought.

user posted image

Aura:Sky blue......Scent: Dried Basil
Element:Earth.....Weapon: Blowgun
Status in World:King of The Dryads

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help