Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jun 2 10 11:22 AM

Would that be my theory of Yama?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Jun 2 10 3:17 PM

Just had a thought... There is no way that Marethyu could be an elder. They can't even touch the Book of the Mage, remember Hekate when Nicholas showed it in front of her... She almost killed him for even pulling out those two pages.

The startling blue eyes and the hook have me confused... I am amazed that "he" has been working this whole plan out just to get the warriors back to Danu Talis... basically fate isn't an option only the will for the Hook Handed Man!

user posted image

Aura Color: Amaranth
Aura Scent: Freshly Broken Pomegranate

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Jun 2 10 3:24 PM

QUOTE (jacobs_bella @ June 02, 2010 03:17 pm)
Just had a thought... There is no way that Marethyu could be an elder. They can't even touch the Book of the Mage, remember Hekate when Nicholas showed it in front of her... She almost killed him for even pulling out those two pages.

The startling blue eyes and the hook have me confused... I am amazed that "he" has been working this whole plan out just to get the warriors back to Danu Talis... basically fate isn't an option only the will for the Hook Handed Man!

They never said that he touched the book of Abraham, only that he helped them read and understand it. He was the one that showed Perry and Nick how to make the immortality formula from helping them. Though if the theory that Josh is Marethyu, then it would make much more sense to your theory that he can't be an elder.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Jun 2 10 3:36 PM

QUOTE (Rurounizakku @ June 02, 2010 03:24 pm)
QUOTE (jacobs_bella @ June 02, 2010 03:17 pm)

They never said that he touched the book of Abraham, only that he helped them read and understand it. He was the one that showed Perry and Nick how to make the immortality formula from helping them. Though if the theory that Josh is Marethyu, then it would make much more sense to your theory that he can't be an elder.

I'm not sure I am following the Josh theory really...

user posted image

Aura Color: Amaranth
Aura Scent: Freshly Broken Pomegranate

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#26 [url]

Jun 2 10 4:36 PM

QUOTE (@(•L•)@ @ June 01, 2010 11:09 pm)
Marethyu is Yama! search him on Wiki! 100% sure thanks to
Also this link *LINK REMOVED which led me to Yama!
Check it out!
I will post more about Yama later.
Thanks to Sparticle for sanskrit stuff!
@(•L•)@

Please do not post unapproved links

OK, so before this line of research gets completely out of hand (which is an unfortunate pun), let me confirm, definitively, that the hook-handed man is not Yama.

Yama is a fascinating character and I certainly looked at him and his sister for this series as I researched twins around the world.

But he is NOT Yama. I have kept reasonably close to the traditional descriptions of the ancient mythological characters. I would not change a physical description in such a dramatic way by removing a hand.

Michael

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Jun 2 10 5:06 PM

So this leaves to theories, at least that I know about it, from that forum left. One of them was that it was somebody that we haven't met yet, which makes sense. The other is that its Josh in the future. The majority of the theory is in the I finished reading the necromancer thread. I can't take credit for the theory though, I'll let them post it here if they want to.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jun 2 10 6:30 PM

It must be this theory then.

QUOTE ( Indigo Spirit)
So... maybe we should look for gods of death from mythology in India?

First, kudos to Sparticle to find that out!
Sanskrit is also used in many of the Middle Eastern countries (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan...). India or anywhere else in the Middle East might be a good start. Good thinking, Indigo. 

Is this the theory that is correct.
When searching Mrtyu (death in sanskrit) the only deities that appear are Mara and Yama. flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif
Ahhhhhh!
Must find hook handed death deity!
Do we know if "Captain Hook" is a god?
I just searched through a list of all death deities and there are no hook handed ones. There were like 100 gods yet none were one handed or had a hook.
Chronos has something that looks like a hook that he holds in his hand.
I think I have concluded that Marethyu is not a god, maybe.
Marethyu=tyr ?
Marethyu=Yama No
Marethyu=Josh?
Marethyu=non deity?
I give up Michael has made it too hard!
Back to eye color theory!

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Jun 2 10 8:34 PM

Michael actually had this to say previously in the Hook handed man thread...

Michael Scott

Can I say that its always a mistake to mock a hook-handed man - and remember, never shake hands with them!

And, by the way, the correct name has been guessed on the forum (not necessarily in this thread ... but somewhere!

Michael

http://flamelssecret.9.forumer.com/index.p...findpost&p=8972

So at least someone has guessed it right on this forum previous to March 09. Not that I know who it is...Others would know better than me, but in my memory I have not heard of Josh being theorized as the hook handed man. But who knows?

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#30 [url]

Jun 2 10 9:00 PM

And a quick perusal of search reveals that no one has thrown out the name "Marethyu" during that time. Shocking, I know.

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

The Will

Sorcerer

#31 [url]

Jun 2 10 9:03 PM

Dang it.

At least it got turned down by the actual author of the series. But if he didn't stop us we would probably have the new alternative plot worked out.

aura: Blue Smell:Cofee
user posted image
Art is dead. So people think you're funny? How'd you get those peoples money. ~ Art is Dead

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Jun 2 10 10:29 PM

i belive that marethyu is as he sas he is Death he is much different than i expected if youve read demonata then you no what death is i just finished the necromancer today i really wanted to strain the reading when i got it last tuseday i did not even read it until thursday and the monday and finshed today as i already stated i like how marethu does not know everything as skatty said the 13 laygates they went through i belive were different possible fuures or maby just different times i know this is all spread apart oh wll ha ha death is only as old as the first person who died i belive and who knows who that was i bet we will meet him soon sorry i made it this long again please comment oh and he has silver eyes maby silver aura maby original twin idk please comment again flamelssecret/vamp.gif flamelssecret/evillaugh smiley.gif hahahahahahahah

i ment to make it blue i know i dont really have to say this haha i also didnt like the way he said maby some day when skatty asked him how he knew something about them he is death that means he knows the death of skatty

As per the code of conduct colored text is only allowed in signatures, the birthday/holiday thread and For staff use. In addition please do not post twice in a row, if you wish to add something else, used the edit button to modify your post.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Jun 3 10 12:40 AM

Possibilities: Nauda, Tyr, Josh, Fisher King, Kamos, Mesgera, Paedur and unknown.

Somebody has the right name and it might be one of these.
We must search this forum for the right name. Michael says somebody on the forum has the right name.
@(•L•)@

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Jun 3 10 12:41 AM

QUOTE (@(•L•)@ @ June 02, 2010 05:40 pm)
Possibilities: Nauda, Tyr, Josh, Fisher King, Kamos, Mesgera, Paedur and unknown.

We must search this forum for the right name. Michael says somebody on the forum has the right name.
@(•L•)@

How long ago did he say that or was it just like today?

Aura:Sunshine Yellow
Scent:Ozone

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Jun 3 10 12:46 AM

QUOTE (mrprecise @ June 03, 2010 12:41 am)

@(•L•)@

It was yesterday I believe, though I may be wrong, so if its down to Nauda, Tyr, Josh, Fisher King, Kamos, Mesgera, Paedur and unknown. I'm glad to see that Captain Hook has been eliminated from the list of possible theories. xD Josh I know about, but now its on to do some research on the others.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Jun 3 10 12:50 AM

QUOTE (mrprecise @ June 02, 2010 09:11 pm)

@(•L•)@

This is a new list. I have done a search on the forum for other people's past theories. As Michael said, one of the theories is correct.
@(•L•)@

I would be surprised if one of these isn't right. But then again I wouldn't, because I've reasearched every single death god and none are Marethyu or hook handed.

EDIT

I wish Michael could give us a clue, or maybe a question to lead us in a certain direction.
@(•L•)@

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Jun 3 10 1:02 AM

QUOTE (@(•L•)@ @ June 03, 2010 12:50 am)
QUOTE (mrprecise @ June 02, 2010 09:11 pm)

@(•L•)@

This is a new list. I have done a search on the forum for other people's past theories. As Michael said, one of the theories is correct.
@(•L•)@

I would be surprised if one of these isn't right. But then again I wouldn't, because I've reasearched every single death god and none are Marethyu or hook handed.

EDIT

I wish Michael could give us a clue, or maybe a question to lead us in a certain direction.
@(•L•)@

Well if he gave us a hint, then we wouldn't have to much to talk about for a year. At least not on this, and so far he gave us a hint that narrowed it down to 8 possibilities after he told us that Yama wasn't Marethyu.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Jun 3 10 1:20 AM

This is the theory I posted in the Necromance thread, thought I'd post it here too:

Adding on to my previous theory:

I have this Theory about Marethyu that just came to me. So I was thinking due to the multiple references of how they have met him before, but haven't(Marethyu says that if they had met before they would've remembered the hook) when Joan, Scatty, and the others were with him in his Shadowrealm. That he is someone that they know, sent back in time, achieved immortality, and became Marethyu as he is Today. I personally have a feeling that it might be Josh, as he has blue eyes(which other characters have blue eyes again?Can't remember), and that he is The Necromancer which has to do with death. Also I have a theory for why he has the hook, so I was thinking that in the Warlock Sophie and possibly the Flamels get sent back too by Chronos, and then Josh has a change of heart and wants to follow. But, Chronos refuses, and Josh bargains with him, and the price of the trip back in time was his hand.

So what if the fighting by the original twins that caused Danu Talis to sink was actuattly the confrontation of Sophie and Josh, and that could be what Tammuz means when he said that the Marethyu caused the island to sink.

Aura:Sunshine Yellow
Scent:Ozone

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Jun 3 10 1:52 AM

Okay now I am so confused. Does Marethyu have blue or black eyes? Everyone is saying different things! flamelssecret/idk.gif flamelssecret/wall_.gif
Does anyone else have an eye color theory? Michael has already said people with the same color eye are related in some way.
@(•L•)@

Also, does anyone have evidence that would cross out any of these Marethyu possibilities?
Nauda, Tyr, Josh, Fisher King, Kamos, Mesgera, Paedur and unknown.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jun 3 10 1:57 AM

QUOTE (@(•L•)@ @ June 03, 2010 01:52 am)
Okay now I am so confused. Does Marethyu have blue or black eyes? Everyone is saying different things! flamelssecret/idk.gif  flamelssecret/wall_.gif
Does anyone else have an eye color theory? Michael has already said people with the same color eye are related in some way.
@(•L•)@

Also, does anyone have evidence that would cross out any of these Marethyu possibilities?
Nauda, Tyr, Josh, Fisher King, Kamos, Mesgera, Paedur and unknown.

I believe someone in the I've finished the necromancer posted the quote from the book that described his eyes. If I remember correctly, he had blue eyes, and the mother of all gods had black eyes.

edit: the quote isn't in the thread, I just checked, but I'm sure that its been posted at one point or another.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help