Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Jun 1 10 6:39 AM

Tags : :

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

So we now have a name to call the hook handed man, but that is just the merest tip of the mystery surrounding this character! Certainly Scathach doesn't appear to be happy to see him..what are your thoughts about this secretive character?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#1 [url]

Jun 1 10 1:27 PM

Probably the most interesting new character. We've been given just a hint of info about him:
His name, Marethyu, and it's meaning of "death" in the Language of Danu Tallis.

He was on the Island, and Tammuz doesn't like him - but also seemed to survive the fall, as he was around to teach Alchemy to Flamel (and tell him his destiny laid in the prophecy), to help Germain learn Fire Mastery (which was to help him survive for later), has told Perenelle her fortune and that of the world (see Warlock preview) and sworn her to secrecy about it, as well as tell Dee HIS fortune, and that it laid in the Swords.

We know he's orchestrating big things - the massive effort to gather the Warriors to fight with the Original Twins on Danu Talis to cause the fall - a sentance that alone shatters the world, as we'd been told that the Island fell from the battle between Sun and Moon (Dagon even was there to see it...).
The fact that they need warriors they can trust, and seem to be working together to ensure the fall is huge.

But beyond that whole plot - which involved the creation of Shadowrealms, centuries of planning, and carefully sequenced time travel - that doesn't even seem to be the limit of his machinations.

We still don't know if he's Elder, Immortal, or something else entirely (although Sophie through the Witch knows both his name "and WHAT he is..." [The Magician].)

And Josh's flashback of him and a red haired warrior fighitng Coatlcue is also significant, but not sure how.

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jun 1 10 1:53 PM

So I googled Marethyu and the only reference that came up was the Handbuch der Awestasprache, which appears to be an old German dictionary of some kind. I have no idea what it says or if it even means anything. If we have any German members can you guys help us please?

Aura Color: Gray-Blue
Scent: After a rainstorm

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:57 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzbinn @ June 01, 2010 02:27 pm)
Probably the most interesting new character. We've been given just a hint of info about him:
His name, Marethyu, and it's meaning of "death" in the Language of Danu Tallis.

He was on the Island, and Tammuz doesn't like him - but also seemed to survive the fall, as he was around to teach Alchemy to Flamel (and tell him his destiny laid in the prophecy), to help Germain learn Fire Mastery (which was to help him survive for later), has told Perenelle her fortune and that of the world (see Warlock preview) and sworn her to secrecy about it, as well as tell Dee HIS fortune, and that it laid in the Swords.

We know he's orchestrating big things - the massive effort to gather the Warriors to fight with the Original Twins on Danu Talis to cause the fall - a sentance that alone shatters the world, as we'd been told that the Island fell from the battle between Sun and Moon (Dagon even was there to see it...).
The fact that they need warriors they can trust, and seem to be working together to ensure the fall is huge.

But beyond that whole plot - which involved the creation of Shadowrealms, centuries of planning, and carefully sequenced time travel - that doesn't even seem to be the limit of his machinations.

We still don't know if he's Elder, Immortal, or something else entirely (although Sophie through the Witch knows both his name "and WHAT he is..." [The Magician].)

And Josh's flashback of him and a red haired warrior fighitng Coatlcue is also significant, but not sure how.

yeah i think that maybe this guy is the real bad guy of the serious, i think that he brought them back in time to help the twins fight agains the mother of the gods.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 1 10 7:33 PM

What I don't get is how when they all go back in time that the timeline keeps going normally and seperatly for present and past and so they don't immediatly come back to regular time.

Aura
Color:Okra
Scent:La Pomme de la Terre

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#5 [url]

Jun 1 10 7:52 PM

I'm not sure either how the time thing works, but if the past is altered in anyway, it most definitely will affect the future. I was blown away in how he orchestrated this whole thing. Not only is he shaping the future of the Elders and the Humani, but he has practically facilitated the present plot with Dee and those swords and the Flamels and the Twins. I hope Sophie says what he is because Germain didn't know. I don't know if he could be a bad guy, I mean he could be trying to takeover for himself by using everyone else, but rule nothing out, but he is trying to help the Original Twins sink the island to bring down the Elders, for the humani to rise.

Aura: Cyan
Scent: Chocolate/Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

The Will

Sorcerer

#6 [url]

Jun 1 10 8:01 PM

Somewhere in the Necromancer Nicholas said the man that sold him The Codex had startling blue eyes. And if I'm not mistaken Marethyu has startling blue eyes.

My theory is he is extremely powerful. And somehow his journeys led him to the Codex. Then he tried one of the other immortality spells in the book.Somehow saw through the prophecy, so he knew Nicholas was the one to train the mortal.

Probably not likely, but you can never tell with an author like Michael Scott...

aura: Blue Smell:Cofee
user posted image
Art is dead. So people think you're funny? How'd you get those peoples money. ~ Art is Dead

Quote    Reply   

The Will

Sorcerer

#8 [url]

Jun 1 10 8:39 PM

QUOTE (@(•L•)@ @ June 01, 2010 01:21 pm)
The man with startling blue eyes did not have a hook like marethyu. I believe Osiris gave Nick the Codex, because Osiris has "startling blue eyes" flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

He made a world, he could probably make a new hand. Than make it dissapear.

user posted image
Art is dead. So people think you're funny? How'd you get those peoples money. ~ Art is Dead

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#9 [url]

Jun 1 10 8:39 PM

It was mentioned in the Magician I believe that a hook handed man, with blue eyes helped the Alchemyst decipher the Codex and the immortality formula. And Marethyu said he has met with Flamel in the past in terms of the Codex. I think that was mentioned in the conversation between Marethyu and Germain.

Aura: Cyan
Scent: Chocolate/Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 1 10 8:44 PM

QUOTE (@(•L•)@ @ June 01, 2010 08:21 pm)
The man with startling blue eyes did not have a hook like marethyu. I believe Osiris gave Nick the Codex, because Osiris has "startling blue eyes"  flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

Why do you think Osiris would give Nick the Codex? flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif Doesn't it say in the preview of The Warlock that Isis and Osiris declared the utlaga on Dee? Why would they want Dee dead for failing to capture Nick and retrieve the Codex if Osiris had it to start with?

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jun 1 10 9:41 PM

I typed Marethyu into three different search engines and found nothing. I also tried an anagram solver, and that got no results either. I am confused. flamelssecret/wall_.gif

Aura color: blue
Scent: apples
Elemental Magic: earth
Live long and prosper, may the stars watch over you, and may the force be with you!- from Star Trek, Eragon, and Star Wars

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jun 1 10 11:09 PM

Marethyu is Yama! search him on Wiki! 100% sure thanks to
Also this link *LINK REMOVED which led me to Yama!
Check it out!
I will post more about Yama later.
Thanks to Sparticle for sanskrit stuff!
@(•L•)@

Please do not post unapproved links

Quote    Reply   

The Will

Sorcerer

#13 [url]

Jun 1 10 11:38 PM

QUOTE (@(•L•)@ @ June 01, 2010 04:09 pm)
Check it out!
@(•L•)@

I did a quick wiki on him, and he happens to steal life by a rope in his left hand.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 1 10 11:53 PM

QUOTE (The Who @ June 01, 2010 08:08 pm)
Check it out!
@(•L•)@

I did a quick wiki on him, and he happens to steal life by a rope in his left hand.

Maybe his left hand was cut off for punishment for killing people. Or maybe it was because of Chronos. Oh well ill search for a death deity with a hook though I doubt there is.

Quote    Reply   

The Will

Sorcerer

#16 [url]

Jun 1 10 11:58 PM

QUOTE (@(•L•)@ @ June 01, 2010 04:53 pm)
QUOTE (The Who @ June 01, 2010 08:08 pm)
Check it out!
@(•L•)@

Maybe his left hand was cut off for punishment for killing people. Or maybe it was because of Chronos. Oh well ill search for a death deity with a hook though I doubt there is.

Maybe he gave Chronos his rope and hand in order to line up the gates so they could go back to sink Danu Talis.

@mrprecise The twins of legend prehaps...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jun 2 10 12:13 AM

Whoa! Yama and Yami, twins, probably both blue eyes, like Sophie and Josh. Original twins of legend? Probably not, because it does not fit the prophecy (yama and yami are not mortal). Also the original twins were probably Sun and Moon not death. I hope my theory is correct, but I doubt it.

Quote    Reply   

The Will

Sorcerer

#18 [url]

Jun 2 10 12:19 AM

How do you know they didn't become that after they destroyed Danu Talis, since they killed so many elders and next generation.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jun 2 10 3:51 AM

Mr. Scott, why do you always have to use the most obscure charachters? do you like to drive us insane? Have you perhaps invested in an asylum?

Aura: Holly Green ...... Scent:Metallic...... Elemental Magic:Thought
user posted image
It is fantasy that puts us apart from the beasts. Anyone can say what is. Few can say what if.

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#20 [url]

Jun 2 10 6:10 AM

QUOTE (skynite @ June 02, 2010 03:51 am)
Mr. Scott, why do you always have to use the most obscure charachters? do you like to drive us insane? Have you perhaps invested in an asylum?

What you want me to make it easy for you! One on of the other threads (and I honestly don't remember which one - maybe the I've finished the Necromancer thread...) there is a correct interpretation of the hook-handed man's name.

I'm glad you're all enjoying it.
Michael

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help