Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jan 2 11 6:20 PM

I belive when I was doing research for my English class on epics there was an old epic called Palamedes and the Green Man. Now I'm not sure if this is the same Green Man becasue almost every mythology has a story of a "Green Man" but this is the only similarity I can find.

Aura: Purple Scent: Banana Muffins
Elder Master: Lord Tammuz
Magic Element: Water
Trained In: Sorcery and Alchemy

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Jan 14 11 8:35 AM

QUOTE (MrPresident @ January 02, 2011 06:20 pm)
I belive when I was doing research for my English class on epics there was an old epic called Palamedes and the Green Man. Now I'm not sure if this is the same Green Man becasue almost every mythology has a story of a "Green Man" but this is the only similarity I can find.

Perhaps it is the same Green Man. Because in The Necromancer, we saw how much Pally and Tammuz are closely related with each other.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Jan 25 11 5:13 PM

I think Tammy is a little bit crazy because he's hanging around in aforest all the time...
To the shadow realm: I think it was destroyed when Danu Talis sank, but then recreated. It's just hard work to form a shadow realm, especially if it's as big as Eridu(which is also a world tree) and so he worked all the time at it.
Eridu must be one of the biggest shadow realms ever existing if all the forest spirits and such have to live in it.

user posted image
Aura:Green Scent:Valerian/fresh cut grass Elder:Huracan Magics:Wind(especially tornados)
"Get rhythm when you get the blues"-Johnny Cash
Banner made by Elycia

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Mar 24 11 6:30 PM

The more I read about Tammuz the more I like him. The story about the dream he had about his own death is really sad. His sister went through great lengths to hide him from the demons who took him to the underworld. He actually plays a huge role in renicarnation. I am hoping to see more of him in The Warlock or the Enchantress. Innana really did a number on him. Maybe that is why he made Palamedes immortal...because they were both caused a lot of pain by their love for a women.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Mar 26 11 6:42 AM

from what i've heard about the green man he was a pagan god

Aura colour: blue, titanium and red
Scent: Limestone caves
Magic learnt: Shape/aura shifting and lightning

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Mar 26 11 4:29 PM

He is a lot of different things in different myths. Re-birth and Vegetation god being one of them. He is often said to be the Sumerian counterpart of Adonis. Tammuz is known as the dying god. Might explain why the forest is filled with female beings. Tammuz and even Adonis had a plethra of women followers.

I read that the Grove of Eridhu was supposed to be kind of like a borderland between Earth and Sea. It was near the mouth of the Euphrates at the time it was first mentioned. The god Enki was closely related to this place. Tammuz must be really really old!

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Mar 26 11 9:06 PM

I don't know where it was, but I read somewhere that he and Gilgamesh has met before. Thought I don't know remember where I viewed this at.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Mar 27 11 4:15 AM

Gilgamesh Knows Innana...who was Tammuz's wife, she betrayed(or vice versa depending on how you read it) him and sent him to the underworld. I am sure they crossed paths a few times. relativley speaking...if that is how Mr. Scott might tie the myths together.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#30 [url]

Jun 11 12 11:07 PM

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

**This thread is now open to posting and may contain information from The Enchantress**

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

merlin67

Spellcaster

#32 [url]

Jul 29 12 4:12 PM

QUOTE (jrjones726 @ July 29, 2012 10:45 am)
Well, Sophie and Josh DID see Inanna in the Enchantress...Interesting that it was just in passing but she somehow had a relation to Tammuz..

how does she have a connection

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Jul 31 12 8:25 AM

QUOTE (merlin67)
QUOTE (jrjones726)
Well, Sophie and Josh DID see Inanna in the Enchantress...Interesting that it was just in passing but she somehow had a relation to Tammuz..

Tammuz and Inanna's relationship were mentioned way back in The Necromancer. Tammuz said that Inanna was his consort long ago.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

merlin67

Spellcaster

#34 [url]

Jul 31 12 11:38 AM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ July 31, 2012 04:25 pm)
QUOTE (merlin67)
QUOTE (jrjones726)

Tammuz and Inanna's relationship were mentioned way back in The Necromancer. Tammuz said that Inanna was his consort long ago.

wow really must go reveiw flamelssecret/idk.gif flamelssecret/read.gif

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#35 [url]

Jul 31 12 4:32 PM

QUOTE (merlin67 @ July 31, 2012 11:38 am)
QUOTE (Nurmengard @ July 31, 2012 04:25 pm)
QUOTE (merlin67)
QUOTE (jrjones726)

wow really must go reveiw flamelssecret/idk.gif flamelssecret/read.gif

Wait, if it was long ago...did Innana perish in the fall of Danu Talis?

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#37 [url]

Aug 6 12 3:35 PM

QUOTE (Matthewc1998 @ August 06, 2012 06:07 am)
I dont think so because the witch said she supprted the humans but mabey that was just on danu talis

Ah but you forget, The Green Man also supported the Humani and you might be on to something there hippogriff.

here's the quote

QUOTE (The Necromancer)
Saint-Germain blinked in surprise. “Have you ever loved anyone?” he asked.
“Yes,” Tammuz said cautiously, “I had a consort once,
Inanna. . . .”

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#38 [url]

Aug 6 12 8:03 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ August 06, 2012 03:35 pm)
QUOTE (Matthewc1998 @ August 06, 2012 06:07 am)
I dont think so because the witch said she supprted the humans but mabey that was just on danu talis

Ah but you forget, The Green Man also supported the Humani and you might be on to something there hippogriff.

here's the quote

QUOTE (The Necromancer)
Saint-Germain blinked in surprise. “Have you ever loved anyone?” he asked.
“Yes,” Tammuz said cautiously, “I had a consort once,
Inanna. . . .”

Thanks, that was my general idea. It also says that when the green Man stood and fought, he lost. Could that have been on Danu Talis, when he supported Innana in the fight, and as a result had to flee while Innana perished? Or are the two issues completely unrelated.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Aug 7 12 6:18 AM

It's possible- but after Innana crushed another Elder with her talons in defence of the humani *ahem* pardon, humans, I think every Elder there was fighting. Chances are that they are related- it would certainly explain his reluctance to discuss her or relationships in general.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help