Remove this ad

merlin67

Spellcaster

#441 [url]

Jun 13 12 12:05 PM

QUOTE (MSfanRyAn @ June 13, 2012 06:20 pm)
Dare went with the humans of Danu Talis, not with sophie, right?

both went with the huimans

user posted image
it is good to have an end to journey towards but in the end it is the journey that matters
Aura color: dark brown
Aura scent: freshly melted chocolate chips
Ability:the five elements Earth,Fire,water,air and CHEESE

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#442 [url]

Jun 14 12 10:14 AM

QUOTE (merlin67 @ June 13, 2012 07:05 am)

I thought Sophie went to new shadowrealms and had an untold number of quests. Those took up 700 years I think.
To stay on topic, Would Dare staying back in time mean that there are 2 Virginia Dares in the 1600's-2000's? (Until she went back to Danu Talis with Dee.

Aura color: Dark Green
Aura scent: Apple Orchard

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#443 [url]

Jun 14 12 1:05 PM

QUOTE (MSfanRyAn @ June 14, 2012 05:14 am)

I thought Sophie went to new shadowrealms and had an untold number of quests. Those took up 700 years I think.
To stay on topic, Would Dare staying back in time mean that there are 2 Virginia Dares in the 1600's-2000's? (Until she went back to Danu Talis with Dee.

possibly, unless she died before you lived until 1600's ten thousand years is a long time for an immortal to survive and she was already 400 years old. We only know of two immortals who lived that long and it was Tsgagalalal and Gilgamesh

Or she could have proceeded down a new thread in time, possibly one in which she died on Roanoke.

Quote    Reply   

#444 [url]

Jun 17 12 10:33 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ June 14, 2012 08:05 am)
QUOTE (MSfanRyAn @ June 14, 2012 05:14 am)

possibly, unless she died before you lived until 1600's ten thousand years is a long time for an immortal to survive and she was already 400 years old. We only know of two immortals who lived that long and it was Tsgagalalal and Gilgamesh

Or she could have proceeded down a new thread in time, possibly one in which she died on Roanoke.

Oh, ok. suppose she might have died, but with the flute...

Aura color: Dark Green
Aura scent: Apple Orchard

Quote    Reply   

#445 [url]

Jun 17 12 6:43 PM

I think to kind of keep everything in balance, she would had to have died at some point. But how, I don't know.

Just wanting everyone's opinion - do you think that she ever found out the Marethyu was Josh? I mean, it turns out he watched over her as a child and protected her.

Aura:Byzantium Purple
Scent:Ocean Wind
Misterss of Air, Fire, Aether

user posted image
"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed."

Quote    Reply   

#446 [url]

Jul 24 12 1:49 AM

I think she probably returned to the present time when Sophie did...at least i'd like to beleve that. And regardless of what anyone says I truly believe she is the Enchantress....Her flute influences, but she also sublty controlled Josh just through her tone, actions, etc....

Anyone else?

Of course I'd love to know who her Elder was. I believe Abraham implies that he allowed (or Mareythu allowed) her to kill said Elder, so it must have been an Elder that would have been against them in the final act, so to speak. So it was probably a not so friendly "god/goddess" from ancient mythology.

We also discover that her flute and Elder are not directly related. She is lead to the flute independently...So her Elder may not have any relation to the flute whatsoever.

Thoughts?

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#447 [url]

Jul 24 12 12:48 PM

QUOTE (jrjones726 @ July 23, 2012 08:49 pm)
I think she probably returned to the present time when Sophie did...at least i'd like to beleve that. And regardless of what anyone says I truly believe she is the Enchantress....Her flute influences, but she also sublty controlled Josh just through her tone, actions, etc....

Anyone else?

Of course I'd love to know who her Elder was. I believe Abraham implies that he allowed (or Mareythu allowed) her to kill said Elder, so it must have been an Elder that would have been against them in the final act, so to speak. So it was probably a not so friendly "god/goddess" from ancient mythology.

We also discover that her flute and Elder are not directly related. She is lead to the flute independently...So her Elder may not have any relation to the flute whatsoever.

Thoughts?

I think this quote from The Enchantress provides a little insight into what happened to Dare after the fall of Danu Talis.

QUOTE (The Enchantress)
The people of Danu Talis, Elder and human, would follow Aten and Virginia Dare, an Elder and a human, out across the globe. The couple would establish colonies in all the surrounding lands, and these would grow into the great nations that would one day rule the earth.

I'm not sure that Dare returned to present day, I think she may have stayed in the past with Aten.

As for Marethyu letting her kill her Elder, I think that may have been more because he needed Dare to be free rather than who her Elder was. It may have been convenient that her Elder was an enemy, but I think it was more important to have Dare as a free agent so she could carry out her task on Danu Talis. Had she still be tied to her Elder she may have never helped Dee and gone back to Danu Talis in the first place

And I agree I don't think her Elder directly gave her the flute, the passage that talks about her going to find it does not imply her Elder was present. I think if her Elder had been they would have tried to secure the flute for themselves or at the very least kept her from it. I'm also wondering if she found the flute after she killed her master.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#448 [url]

Jul 28 12 1:55 PM

Yes, I think her elder was already dead when she was lead to the flute. We have to remember that all of this orchestrted from the beginning, and I also think that your prespective on her being a free agent makes a lot of sense Thanks for the thoughts!

I pretty new to the boards and I have no idea how to quote other posts, sorry...

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#449 [url]

Jul 28 12 1:59 PM

QUOTE (jrjones726 @ July 28, 2012 01:55 pm)
Yes, I think her elder was already dead when she was lead to the flute.  We have to remember that all of this orchestrted from the beginning, and I also think that your prespective on her being a free agent makes a lot of sense Thanks for the thoughts!

I pretty new to the boards and I have no idea how to quote other posts, sorry...

Oh, that is fine. You just click the quote button next to another person's post instead of the reply button, then your post is typed on the note pad, and you can edit the post you are quoting on the bottom note pad.
And yes, I agree with the free agent theory.

Quote    Reply   

#452 [url]

Jul 31 12 3:58 AM

QUOTE (hippogriff @ July 31, 2012 03:43 am)
So did Virginia return to the present with the others? It seems that she did not, as it says that she helped Aten start the civilization of humanity.

She did

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#453 [url]

Jul 31 12 12:33 PM

QUOTE (BirdGuy @ July 30, 2012 10:58 pm)
So did Virginia return to the present with the others? It seems that she did not, as it says that she helped Aten start the civilization of humanity.

She did

That part is unclear to me. It seems like she might have stayed back with Aten. From this quote you could assume she went back to present day or stayed behind its a bit vague.

QUOTE (The Enchantress)
The people of Danu Talis, Elder and human, would follow Aten and Virginia Dare, an Elder and a human, out across the globe. The couple would establish colonies in all the surrounding lands, and these would grow into the great nations that would one day rule the earth.
Sophie and Virginia, Joan and Scathach, too, would be given other names and come to be worshipped as goddesses, teachers and saviors of humankind.
And in time, Sophie Newman, after many adventures, would find a way to lead the other immortals through a series of sequenced leygates back home to their own time, arriving in San Francisco, where it all began.

It merely says sophie would lead the other immortals, and there was no mention from Josh/Marethyu of Virginia at the wedding or in present day so its possible she stayed behind in the past. I know she really wasnt part of the group of warriors but the lack of mention of her afterward does leave some mystery surrounding where she ended up. I love her character but she's such a mystery. I'd love to hear a lot more about her and her adventures.

Quote    Reply   

hippogriff

Spellcaster

#454 [url]

Jul 31 12 4:33 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ July 31, 2012 12:33 pm)
QUOTE (BirdGuy @ July 30, 2012 10:58 pm)

She did

That part is unclear to me. It seems like she might have stayed back with Aten. From this quote you could assume she went back to present day or stayed behind its a bit vague.

QUOTE (The Enchantress)
Sophie and Virginia, Joan and Scathach, too, would be given other names and come to be worshipped as goddesses, teachers and saviors of humankind.
And in time, Sophie Newman, after many adventures, would find a way to lead the other immortals through a series of sequenced leygates back home to their own time, arriving in San Francisco, where it all began.

It merely says sophie would lead the other immortals, and there was no mention from Josh/Marethyu of Virginia at the wedding or in present day so its possible she stayed behind in the past. I know she really wasnt part of the group of warriors but the lack of mention of her afterward does leave some mystery surrounding where she ended up. I love her character but she's such a mystery. I'd love to hear a lot more about her and her adventures.

Very true. So really, it could be either way of whether she returned to the past of stayed with Aten.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help