Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Jun 1 10 6:24 AM

Tags : :

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

A Mistress of Air, with no Elder to answer to.. a dangerous enemy for Nicholas, a powerful ally for Dee... or one whose loyalty could be bought for the right price? What are your thoughts on this immortal?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 1 10 3:44 PM

She and Dee, this is the wierdest romance in this book yet! wub.gif

Aura: Holly Green ...... Scent:Metallic...... Elemental Magic:Thought
user posted image
It is fantasy that puts us apart from the beasts. Anyone can say what is. Few can say what if.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jun 1 10 5:03 PM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ June 01, 2010 07:24 am)

A Mistress of Air, with no Elder to answer to.. a dangerous enemy for Nicholas, a powerful ally for Dee... or one whose loyalty could be bought for the right price? What are your thoughts on this immortal?

shes my new favorite immortal character.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jun 1 10 7:39 PM

QUOTE (skynite @ June 01, 2010 03:44 pm)
She and Dee, this is the wierdest romance in this book yet! wub.gif

i agree!! flamelssecret/Agreed.gif she scares me too! flamelssecret/sFun_scared.gif

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent: leather

If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Albert Einstein

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#4 [url]

Jun 1 10 8:01 PM

She is very dangerous, even the Flamels state that. The whole thing about her killing her Elder is sort of technical. She didn't do the deed, but she facilitated it. And that flute of her's, I couldn't think of any item like that. It's pretty cool that she uses that and hasn't shown her auric magic yet, but we know that she's the Mistress of Air. And that the Elders have labeled her as a killer.

Aura: Cyan
Scent: Chocolate/Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 1 10 8:05 PM

I believe Virginia Dare will teach Josh the magic of air in book 5, as Josh has turned bad and Virginia is a master of air.
What color are Virginia Dare's Aura and Eyes?

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 2 10 2:05 AM

Virginia is the only other person mentioned that would have the ability to teach Josh the
magic of air other than the Witch. There is one other person that comes to mind. Does anyone
think that maybe Gilgamesh might train Josh?

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#8 [url]

Jun 2 10 2:14 AM

Well, Dare is the only other Air Mistress in this case that we know of, but with her running with utlaga...I doubt their going to find an Elder sympathetic to their cause, but nothings impossible. I find it hard imagining Gilgamesh teaching Josh while he's under Dee's tutelage. But never say never. If it pertinent that Josh learn the two other magics besides time, she might be a candidate for teacher.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 2 10 11:18 PM

I love Virginia Dare. Finally someone who puts Dee in his place. My friends compare me to her all the time. I was just wondering, in what book, on what page does it say she is a Mistress of Air???

Aura:Byzantium Purple
Scent:Ocean Wind
Misterss of Air, Fire, Aether

user posted image
"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed."

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 3 10 3:00 AM

I love Virginia Dare! Pretty sure her flute came from the Pied Pier of Hamelin. I wonder what she was doing with him? He is definitely creepy.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Apprentice

#11 [url]

Jun 3 10 3:18 AM

QUOTE (Shopaholic250 @ June 02, 2010 11:18 pm)
I love Virginia Dare. Finally someone who puts Dee in his place. My friends compare me to her all the time. I was just wondering, in what book, on what page does it say she is a Mistress of Air???

It is stated in The Sorceress in a conversation between Machiavelli and his Elder, Aten on p. 345 in the American edition, that Virginia Dare is the a Mistress of Air.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#12 [url]

Jun 3 10 3:21 AM

QUOTE (Mandragora @ June 02, 2010 10:00 pm)
I love Virginia Dare! Pretty sure her flute came from the Pied Pier of Hamelin. I wonder what she was doing with him? He is definitely creepy.

Its possible. Ive been looking into the flute she uses as well. Its stated many times that its a wooden flute, and after a little research, it seems like her flute might be of native american origin, which are typically (but not always) found on the east coast which would make sense considering her being a colonist on the east coast.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jun 3 10 3:32 AM

In the book it states that she learned the "Trick" from a german who used to be a rat catcher. (pg. 87 Necromancer) Thats exactly what the pied piper was. Thats why I initially thought of him. Maybe he tought her what she needed to know...I read something else about a flute somewhere that made me do a double take but I can't remember...if I do I will post it for ya I would love to hear your ideas that flute really catches my attention.

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#14 [url]

Jun 4 10 7:09 PM

What if she stole the pied piper's pipe? (That's a tongue-twister and a half...) I'm thinking I'm going with Spacecadet on this one though, it seems more plausible that its a native american flute.

It could also have something to do with her Elder...
(woot: 201st post)

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#15 [url]

Jun 4 10 7:15 PM

I was wondering too whether her Elder is of Native American mythology and whether her flute is of Native American origin as well. But the trick from the rat catcher seems like the Pied Piper which makes her even more lethal.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 4 10 7:20 PM

Could it just be that she learned how/what to play on the flute from this German (my first thought was also the Pied Piper). But her flute still could be of Native American origin. As with most magical items, the magic is in the user more than anything else....the instrument (in this case a literal instrument) is just a conduit for the magics. And we know some magics at least can be learned rather than an instinctual trait.

user posted image

Aura: Dark Orchid
Aura Scent: Wild Lilac

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#17 [url]

Jun 4 10 7:51 PM

That's a good point about the instrument being a conduit for the magic. The spells used through the flute are probably a snippet of her power, especially since she knows air magic. There is something to her flute, if it garners Dee's interest for his master plan.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jun 5 10 5:47 PM

It makes sense that the Pied Piper could also have been her Elder - he was a bad guy in the fairytale, so he probably would have been on the dark side. He could have given her a flute, like his. She could have been up with him, and used her flute to lure him into Death Valley, like how the Pied Piper led the children away from Hamelin, and let the monsters get him.

My favorite Virginia Dare moment was when she comes back from shopping in San Francisco and Dee says that she looks lovely and she replies "I assure you, everything was very expensive and it was all paid using your card."

I also agree she will probably teach Josh air magic in Book 5.

Aura:Byzantium Purple
Scent:Ocean Wind
Misterss of Air, Fire, Aether

user posted image
"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed."

Quote    Reply   

The Will

Sorcerer

#19 [url]

Jun 5 10 7:41 PM

QUOTE (Shopaholic250 @ June 02, 2010 04:18 pm)

It says it in the sorcress. When Nicollo searched for magicel beings in London.

aura: Blue Smell:Cofee
user posted image
Art is dead. So people think you're funny? How'd you get those peoples money. ~ Art is Dead

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 5 10 7:48 PM

i love Virginia Dare.

i liked when she walked into Dr. Dee's office and was all dressed up and when she said "I love shopping."

but i love her flute and how she can bring monsters down with a single note. love her!

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help