Remove this ad

#101 [url]

Jun 12 11 5:12 AM

Haha, true enough cedargirl. The Aztec gods demanded blood tribute due to the fcat that the gods did not bleed according to the myths, but i'm no expert on Aztec or any south or central American mythology I am, however, very well versed in Norse, Celtic,and an above average education in greek mythology. I do not think that the All-Father of the vikings would have been a being to be trifled with. Whereas the Egyptians and many eastern cultures produced a god or spirit that embodied the essence of every single thing under the sun (and above it as well) the Vikings condensed it quite largely. Odin did essentially everything except coach women through labor and hold contests of beauty. The Vikings were a fearsome people, and their gods reciprocate that ferocity....so the leader of their gods is no weakling.

If failure had no lessons to teach, there would be nothing to be gained of victory.
Aura Colour: light grey
Auric scent: parchment

Magical forte: sorcery

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#102 [url]

Jun 12 11 7:02 PM

It seems that bloodthirsty gods is an excellent expedient for many early religions
Odin was always one of the more powerful of the norse gods.

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#103 [url]

Jun 19 11 11:47 PM

I believe that Odin's scent was Sarsaparilla, but did the book say want his aura color was?

Aura Color: Grey-Green
Aura Scent: Mountain Breeze
Magical Element: Air
Magical Specialty: Enchanter

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#104 [url]

Jun 20 11 12:55 AM

QUOTE (myrddin173 @ June 20, 2011 12:47 am)
I believe that Odin's scent was Sarsaparilla, but did the book say want his aura color was?

The sarsaparilla scent is Black Hawk

Quote    Reply   

#105 [url]

Jun 20 11 1:00 AM

Odin has a cool staff. Amber with ceramic, chitin, and bone organisms that existed before the Earthlords. flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

Aura: White Scent: Winter Learned: Necromancy, Alchemy, Fire
I have the gift of Foresight... I know Marethyu...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.” Albert Einstein
Anyone seen any of the Stargate shows?
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#106 [url]

Jun 20 11 1:41 AM

Odin's aura is grey. It says that a wisp of it curled off his staff in the metal world.

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#107 [url]

Jun 20 11 2:20 AM

QUOTE (Elderbane @ June 20, 2011 01:41 am)
Odin's aura is grey. It says that a wisp of it curled off his staff in the metal world.

Interesting. It also mentions that his aura scent is ozone.

QUOTE (The Warlock page 68)
A wisp of grey smoke curled off the wood, and the oily-smelling metallic air was suffused with the clean sharp odor of ozone.

Aura Color: Dark Grey Aura Scent: Nothing

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#108 [url]

Jun 20 11 7:35 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ June 09, 2011 08:09 am)
His right eye was covered by a faded leather patch; he had sacrificed it a long time ago to the Archon Mimer in return for eldritch knowledge, and he’d never regretted the bargain.

Which i thought was interesting because i always thought eldritch knowledge meant elder knowledge so why would he sacrifice his eye to an archon for knowledge of his race unless eldritch just means ancient.

I found this quote by Tsagaglalal:
QUOTE (The Warlock)
Tsagaglalal leaned forward. “The Witch destroyed millennia of Earthlord, Ancient and Archon artifacts: what my husband (Abraham) called the eldritch lore.”

That should clear up what Eldritch Knowledge is.

Quote    Reply   

#110 [url]

Aug 7 11 9:37 PM

So to me I can not belive Odin and hel are int the same are in the same area and not killing each other
flamelssecret/forum trolls.gif

War is nothing Death is weak but together their effects are strong Aura is all
Aura Color: Pure Emerald
Aura Sent: Lemons

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#111 [url]

Aug 8 11 9:12 PM

QUOTE (Mars616 @ June 20, 2011 01:00 am)
Odin has a cool staff. Amber with ceramic, chitin, and bone organisms that existed before the Earthlords. flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif

The Greek name for Amber is Electron. It can also create static electricity but has no electrical properties. In Greek Mythology Amber was said to have been formed by the tears of the sisters of Phaeton, who was Apollo's son called "the shining one", Phaeton wrecked Apollo's chariot and was struck down by Zues only after he created teh Sahara desert on accident with the chariot of fire.

I wonder what, if any of that has to do with Odin. I found it interesting that Amber was on the top of teh staff.

Quote    Reply   

#112 [url]

Aug 24 11 10:42 PM

I have a question. Why are Odin and Hel at battle with each other? Did Odin put a curse on Hel making her ugly?

Aura Color: Forest Green
Aura Scent: Fire
Magics: Fire and Air, Sorcery and Transformation
To have a beginning everything must have an end.

Quote    Reply   

#113 [url]

Aug 24 11 10:51 PM

hel was a great elder and that was her change. and they also just argue. but i don't know why.

user posted image
Aura Color:Fire Orange Aura Scent:Cayenne Elements: Fire Air Water Specialtys: Alchemy, Sorcerry and imaginatourie

Quote    Reply   

#114 [url]

Oct 21 11 1:23 AM

QUOTE (torcleader @ August 24, 2011 10:51 pm)
hel was a great elder and that was her change. and they also just argue. but i don't know why.

Well, there is a simple answer as to why they argue. Odin ( in norse mythology) is the All-father and wisest and most powerful of the Aesir. Hel is the daughter of odin's adoptive on, Loki, who has since become the god of evil and is often known as the trickster god. Loki is in oposition to odin. Loki also fathers the Midgard serpent, which is named Jormungand, the fenrir wolf, and hel who was born half alive and half dead. Odin feared loki's children and had them taken from the hall of their mother. I'm sure that's bound to cause resentment. odin also cals her neice in the books but I've found nothing on this in Edda.

If failure had no lessons to teach, there would be nothing to be gained of victory.

Quote    Reply   

#115 [url]

Oct 21 11 1:41 AM

QUOTE (TheWhiteWizard @ October 21, 2011 01:23 am)
QUOTE (torcleader @ August 24, 2011 10:51 pm)

Well, there is a simple answer as to why they argue. Odin ( in norse mythology) is the All-father and wisest and most powerful of the Aesir. Hel is the daughter of odin's adoptive on, Loki, who has since become the god of evil and is often known as the trickster god. Loki is in oposition to odin. Loki also fathers the Midgard serpent, which is named Jormungand, the fenrir wolf, and hel who was born half alive and half dead. Odin feared loki's children and had them taken from the hall of their mother. I'm sure that's bound to cause resentment. odin also cals her neice in the books but I've found nothing on this in Edda.

Maybe it wasn't Odin who despised Hel, but it's the other way around. Who wouldn't be angry if you were thrown to the Underworld? Hel would be... flamelssecret/ashamed___.gif

Auric Color: Translucent White
Auric Scent: Sampaguita

"Remember, at the heart of every myth and legend lies a grain of truth."

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#116 [url]

Oct 21 11 1:55 AM

This is true, but odin and the other gods chose to banish hel and her brothers to Nifflheim and the realm of the frost giants so that it would delay the coming of ragnarok. I wouldn't blame Odin for doing it, but at the same time I on't blame hel for her fury.

Quote    Reply   

#117 [url]

Oct 21 11 2:45 AM

QUOTE (TheWhiteWizard @ October 21, 2011 01:55 am)
This is true, but odin and the other gods chose to banish hel and her brothers to Nifflheim and the realm of the frost giants so that it would delay the coming of ragnarok. I wouldn't blame Odin for doing it, but at the same time I on't blame hel for her fury.

Yeah, I guess Odin's decision to banish them to Nifflheim would be more humane than to annihilate them at all, plus you wouldn't to that to own niece..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#118 [url]

Oct 22 11 4:48 AM

Yes, though I think Odin likely did not destroy her less out of love and more out of she was likely protected. Who knows, only Mr. Scott!

Quote    Reply   

#119 [url]

Oct 24 11 12:53 AM

Yep, Odin has this "blood is thicker than water thing" with him..

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#120 [url]

Jan 23 12 4:07 AM

Odin was chief of the Aesir godswho were enemies with the jotunn (giants). Loki was son of the giant Farbauti and became an "ally" of Odin, often tricking and working against the Aesir, sometimes to save his own skin.

Loki's children with Angurboda, a giantess, were Fenrir, a giant wolf, destined to kill Odin, Jormungandr (the Midgard Serpent), destined to kill and be killed by Thor (Odin's chief son) and Hel, a goddess born with half her skin decayed.
Odin and the Aeisr banished Hel to Niffleheim, threw Jormungandr into the ocean and let it encircle the human world (Midgard), tied up Fenrir and bound Loki in a cave.

The Aesir and Vanir gods then waited for Ragnarok, when Loki, his children and their giant kin would do battle with the gods and destory the Earth.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help