Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Aug 1 10 10:06 PM

Hmm~ Somehow i don't believe his Shadowrealm is destroyed too

I think it said in the book that the highest branches of Yggdrasill stretched into Asgard, and the roots stretched into Niflheim.

It also said somewhere that Odin lived in Asgard, and Hel lived in Niflheim, and both Shadowrealms were destroyed when Yggdrasill was killed.

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Aug 2 10 5:37 AM

this is waht i know of odin ( non michaels books) odin is the main norse god, a god of magic, he has 1 eye because he traded it for a sip in a well that would allow him to see the world all of it, he has an 8 legged horse, he also in his wind aspect i believe , controls the wild hunt.... in the story it says he grew a yggdrasil, so maybe there were 2 asgards and 2 forms of nifleheim, but who knows?

Quote    Reply   

Gabrielle

Spellcaster

#23 [url]

Aug 2 10 9:19 AM

QUOTE (Archon14 @ August 01, 2010 10:06 pm)
Hmm~ Somehow i don't believe his Shadowrealm is destroyed too

I think it said in the book that the highest branches of Yggdrasill stretched into Asgard, and the roots stretched into Niflheim.

It also said somewhere that Odin lived in Asgard, and Hel lived in Niflheim, and both Shadowrealms were destroyed when Yggdrasill was killed.

where is this somewhere that said Odin lived in Asgard?

user posted image
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me” ~C.S. Lewis

Aura: cream Scent: honeysuckle

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Aug 2 10 3:09 PM

Nicholas or Scatty says it in the Alchemyst while they're in Hekate's Shadowrealm. I don't know exactly where.

user posted image

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Aug 6 10 12:01 AM

i think odin had missiltean

*Image removed by admin COC size violation

"Isis the greatest goddess of all"
Aura color:blue
when calm, orange when angry Aura scent: When blue lime, when orange fire
ElderMaster: Isis Elemental Magics : Earth and water
Magics: necromancy (I was taught by osiris himself) intagibility

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#27 [url]

Aug 15 10 1:58 AM

Our no Necromancer spoiler poilcy has now been lifted, posts after this one may contain spoilers, read on at your own risk if you have not yet read The Necromancer.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Dec 14 10 6:45 PM

Odin will come to seize power in book five and hopefully kill Dee and Dare and then fight Hel. Oh boy that would be like so epic. I hope Odin has a big part in the upcoming books and sides with the humani.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Dec 15 10 3:54 AM

QUOTE (the immortals champion @ August 06, 2010 07:45 pm)
well in the necromancer it said that odin was in asgard why cant he just rebuild the shoadowrelm

well if it were that easy, why not? apparently some elders take lifetimes to create a Shadowrealm

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#30 [url]

Dec 15 10 7:57 PM

the sowrds of power create shadowrelms, designing it takes a lifetime

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Dec 22 10 9:51 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ June 01, 2010 06:20 am)
flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

The one-eyed Elder is awake.. and he has his sights set firmly on Dr Dee! What are your thoughts and theories about this Elder? Is his return a good ...o r a very bad thing? Do you think he will catch Dr Dee?

well, zeph, i think he is not good, nor bad, but more over toward the good side. dosent he want to kill Dee for not completing his task multiple times that was issued to him by the dark elders, or am i remembering weird stuff?
actually, archon14, i think your right. flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif i distinctly remember one of the books saying that when dee killed yggdrasil (destroying hecate's realm) that he closed up the connection to the other realms as well as destroyed them. including odin's. flamelssecret/crying.gif so that must be why odin wants to kill dee. flamelssecret/sFun_scared.gif

user posted image
Aura Color:White Aura Scent: Lavender Master of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth
Seventh daughter of a seventh daughter
Long-lost sister of Areop-Enap

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#32 [url]

Dec 22 10 1:49 PM

QUOTE (Areop-Enap sister24 @ December 22, 2010 03:51 am)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ June 01, 2010 06:20 am)
flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

The one-eyed Elder is awake.. and he has his sights set firmly on Dr Dee! What are your thoughts and theories about this Elder? Is his return a good ...o r a very bad thing? Do you think he will catch Dr Dee?

well, zeph, i think he is not good, nor bad, but more over toward the good side. dosent he want to kill Dee for not completing his task multiple times that was issued to him by the dark elders, or am i remembering weird stuff?
actually, archon14, i think your right. flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif i distinctly remember one of the books saying that when dee killed yggdrasil (destroying hecate's realm) that he closed up the connection to the other realms as well as destroyed them. including odin's. flamelssecret/crying.gif so that must be why odin wants to kill dee. flamelssecret/sFun_scared.gif

Yes that is correct Dee did destroy atleast two other shadowrealms when he destroyed yggdrassil see quote

QUOTE (The Magician)
The Yggdrasill you destroyed in Hekate's kingdom stretched into several other Shadowrealms. The topmost branches reached the Shadowrealm of Asgard, and the roots stretched deep into Niflheim, the World of Darkness. He saw Dee stiffen. Not only did you release Nidhogg, but you also destroyed at least three Shadowrealms maybe more when you destroyed the World Tree.

But i dont think Odin's shadowrealm was connected to Hekate's Yggdrassil. I think his was a separate seed and shadowrealm planted elsewhere.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Dec 22 10 1:59 PM

Well, Odin lived in Asgard, one of the many destroyed Shadowrealms.

In mythology, he was king of Asgard; I don't think he would desert it.

But, it begs the question; since Shadowrealms are alternate universes independent of time and space, why can a tree go between them?

Quote    Reply   

Elycia

Sorcerer

#34 [url]

Dec 22 10 2:19 PM

I don't think Odin is a dark elder, cause in the norse mytology he is one of the good guys.
in the mytology he lives in a land called asgård (asgaard) as king of the gods.

user posted image
Aura:White
Scent:Rosemary
Mistress of Water, Air and Earth

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Dec 22 10 6:09 PM

@Spacecadet: There's another quote in the alchemyst that I think explains it a little better. It actually says that Asgard was destroyed, but I can't find it at the moment.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#36 [url]

Dec 22 10 6:30 PM

QUOTE (Archon14 @ December 22, 2010 12:09 pm)
@Spacecadet: There's another quote in the alchemyst that I think explains it a little better. It actually says that Asgard was destroyed, but I can't find it at the moment.

I couldnt find any mention of asgard in the alchemyst, but this quote from the sorceress

QUOTE (The Sorceress)
But the Yggdrasill, the World Tree, stretched up from Hekate’s realm into Asgard and down deep into Niflheim, the World of Darkness. All three winked out of existence when Dee destroyed the tree, and I know that the gates to another half dozen have collapsed, effectively sealing off that world and its inhabitants.

Says all three winked out of existence, which means that takes care of the three mentioned in the previous quote

then this from the necromancer
QUOTE (The Necromancer)
But now Hekate was no more—for the first time in generations an Elder had been slain—and her Shadowrealm and the adjoining realms of Asgard and Niflheim destroyed.

But as far as I've seen there is no mention of Odin having inhabited Asgard but dee does seem to think he destroyed his shadowrealm so its possible that was his home

QUOTE (The Necromancer)
“I am sorry if I destroyed your Shadowrealm, but you can
create another,” Dee began.

but now he has only his puny yggdrasil or so it seems (maybe thats why its so puny? cause asgard was destroyed?)

QUOTE (The Necromancer)
The huge figure pushed away from the only living thing in his world—a puny and twisted version of the Yggdrasill—and prepared to cross the Shadowrealms.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Dec 22 10 7:03 PM

QUOTE (JLB @ December 22, 2010 06:49 pm)
But science the ygdrisil was so big maybe puny to it is huge to us.

You could be right, but I think that Odin's Yggdrasill is puny because he didn't put as much of himself/if any at all into it. The reason Hekate died when her Tree was stabbed is that they had a rather symbiotic relationship. I don't remember seeing it mentioned anywhere that Odin put himself into his Yggdrasill, so that could be why it is so small and undernourished.

Destiny is what we work towards. The future doesn't exist yet. Fate is for losers.

Are we Humani or are we dancers?

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Dec 22 10 9:51 PM

but if he has a puny yggdrasill then how long and how much power would it take to create a new shadowrealm. so Odin is definitely after Dee...
this is kinda flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif but i read somewhere that odin and hecate were in wub.gif i dont think thats right- but their shadowrealms are connected. just putting it out there...

and isn't Hecate's Yggdrasil the original one? so they have more of a connection. therefore, hers would be much bigger.

user posted image
Aura Color:White Aura Scent: Lavender Master of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth
Seventh daughter of a seventh daughter
Long-lost sister of Areop-Enap

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Dec 23 10 12:50 AM

Yes, they were once in love, that's wy he's after Dee. I think Hekate's was the original(I'm probably wrong!), so I would think she gave him a seed from the tree, therefore making his own "punny version." flamelssecret/confused0058.gif

user posted image
Aura: Pure Cerulean Blue Scent: Old Spice Specialties: Water Magic and Sorcery

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help