Remove this ad

#81 [url]

Aug 7 12 6:23 AM

What happened to Quetzalcoatl? In most of the legends he is said to be extremely benevolent towards humanity- what changed things? Also, if he was on the side of the humani- why would he ask Bastet to bring the Spartoi?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#82 [url]

Aug 7 12 1:48 PM

QUOTE (Myrddin)
What happened to Quetzalcoatl? In most of the legends he is said to be extremely benevolent towards humanity- what changed things? Also, if he was on the side of the humani- why would he ask Bastet to bring the Spartoi?

In the Flamel series, it was made clear that Quetzalcoatl is a Dark Elder. He wants to bring back the Elders from hiding. I don't remember any explanation how he became a Dark Elder, though.
However, Quetzalcoatl mentioned that he was with Aten while Aten was ruling Egypt.
Machiavelli's research on his Master revealed that Aten were considered an enemy of the ancient people of Egypt.
My theory is: Aten and the ancient people of Egypt turned against each other. Whether Aten is truly a tyrant, or the people are just exaggerating is anybody's guess.
Since Quetzalcoatl is loyal to Aten, maybe we can assume that the people of Egypt fought against Quetzalcoatl as well.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#83 [url]

Aug 7 12 5:58 PM

That makes a lot of sense- Aten would be considered an enemy because he outlawed the worship of the Old Egyptian gods, and set himself up instead. The Old Egyptian gods just so happened to be personified by his mother, his brother [If he survived Danu Talis] and whatever other members of his family that we didn't meet who also survived. Oh, and of course Isis and Osiris, but they really don't count.

Perhaps Quetzalcoatl became a Dark Elder after a particular incident? According to some variations of the myth, a rival/sometimes ally Tezcatlipoca made him drunk, and then he either **text removed**. No matter how you tell it, Quetzalcoatl tried to kill himself afterwards. Perhaps Tezcatlipoca was- in fact -an Awakened humani apprentice? He certainly has possession of the smoking mirror, maybe he gave it to someone? Let me know if this is just rambling.

Interestingly enough, he was said to have created a race of servants out of the bones of a dead race and his own blood. Considering the nature of his experiments, and who his mother is, perhaps Quetzalcoatl is a Necromancer?

Please be mindful of your posts as this is a PG rated forum and we have very young members. Thank you ~ Moviebuff

Quote    Reply   

#84 [url]

Aug 9 12 9:48 AM

QUOTE (Myrddin)
He certainly has possession of the smoking mirror, maybe he gave it to someone?

Funny you mentioned this. At the beginning of The Enchantress, Quetzalcoatl was using a magic mirror to spy upon Nicholas and his companions while they were defeating the Lotan.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#85 [url]

Aug 9 12 1:13 PM

Which curled out smoke. Hence- why I say he has possession of the "Smoking Mirror" that his arch-enemy/sometimes ally used very often in mythology, and which he may have taken back after a particular event involving his own drunkenness and a very bad situation. In short- it was probably an Awakened human apprentice.

I thought it was a nice touch of Michael's mentioning the smoking mirror

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help