Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jul 31 10 3:03 AM

I think the 'Mexican standoff' (heh, pun) between Billy and Quetzalcoatl will either end really well for Billy... or very, very badly. I'll probably post some more after I finish my research--I'm writing a black, gold, or silver aura submission on him (don't worry, I'll wait to post it until after the spoiler ban is lifted!)

Edit: Okay, I found something really interesting, to me at least: The Aztecs believed that the world had already ended four times, and the Quetzalcoatl actually re-created the human race at the beginning of the fifth (and current) world. Yet now he's a Dark Elder? My theory is that maybe he's a Dark Elder in the sense that he wants the Elders to take control of the world again, but maybe he thinks it's for the best?

user posted image
Aura: Black Scent: Dried Basil
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Aug 5 10 11:16 PM

Queztzalcoatl in the mesoamerican myths is oneof the creators of the five worlds

*Image removed by admin COC size violation

"Isis the greatest goddess of all"
Aura color:blue
when calm, orange when angry Aura scent: When blue lime, when orange fire
ElderMaster: Isis Elemental Magics : Earth and water
Magics: necromancy (I was taught by osiris himself) intagibility

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Aug 9 10 7:38 PM

I was reading into different forms of Prometheus to see if we could find more info on the Witch via him, and I found some interesting news: We know that Prometheus created men from clay. According to Mayan mythology, Quetzalcoatl and a god named Tepeu also made men from clay. We also saw signs that he actually likes humans taking over this world. Now, why would a god who made men want to destroy them? Does anyone else besides me believe that he is being socially engineered aka manipulated?

Also, could Tepeu be Akhenaten? That would be an intersting turn of events...

user posted image
"Fairness doesn't mean everyone gets the same, it means everyone gets what they need." -Julius Kane (The Red Pyramid, Rick Riordan)
Aurum est potestas-- Gold is Power!! Aura Color - Mahogany Aura scent - Melting Cheese

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Aug 9 10 8:56 PM

On the subject of Tepeu, I think for the purposes of the series, he and Prometheus could be one and the same, just different versions for different cultures--the same way Bastet is also known Sekhmet and Mafdet.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Aug 10 10 2:06 AM

QUOTE (disrhythmic @ August 09, 2010 01:56 pm)
On the subject of Tepeu, I think for the purposes of the series, he and Prometheus could be one and the same, just different versions for different cultures--the same way Bastet is also known Sekhmet and Mafdet.

I don't believe so... Tepeu was described with a human-like visage while Quetzalcoatl... wasn't...

user posted image
"Fairness doesn't mean everyone gets the same, it means everyone gets what they need." -Julius Kane (The Red Pyramid, Rick Riordan)
Aurum est potestas-- Gold is Power!! Aura Color - Mahogany Aura scent - Melting Cheese

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Aug 10 10 2:24 AM

I said Tepeu and Prometheus could be the same. Quetzalcoatl is most definitely one-of-a-kind.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Aug 10 10 5:08 AM

QUOTE (disrhythmic @ August 09, 2010 08:24 pm)
I said Tepeu and Prometheus could be the same.

That would be interesting. I like it!

I really enjoyed the encounter between Quetzalcoatl and Machiavelli and Billy pulling out the macuahuitl was just awesome there has to be a final showdown between the two.

Aura color: Violet
Scent: Juniper

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Aug 10 10 7:09 PM

QUOTE (disrhythmic @ August 09, 2010 07:24 pm)
I said Tepeu and Prometheus could be the same. Quetzalcoatl is most definitely one-of-a-kind.

What do you mean Tepeu and... OH.... never mind

Maybe... I don't think so, though. Quetzalcoatl being a Dark Elder and Prometheus being a non-Dark Elder... They were supposed to have worked together on humans for a long time... though its plausible... so many ellipses... Ellipses are three dots in quick succession... flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/clap3.gif flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#29 [url]

Aug 15 10 1:57 AM

Our no Necromancer spoiler poilcy has now been lifted, posts after this one may contain spoilers, read on at your own risk if you have not yet read The Necromancer.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Aug 15 10 2:45 AM

Well maybe Quetzalcoatl is "betraying" the humani and is a Dark Elder because of Aten? Aten saved his life so the least Quetzalcoatl could do is be on his side. I mean, it's not like Quetzalcoatl can just turn his back on Aten. Aten would hate him and rage war or something.

On another note, is there any real evidence of the amount of power or knowledge Quetzalcoatl has? It seems to me that he is a somewhat lesser Elder who thinks he's powerful but he isn't at all. I think near the end, we may see him switch sides or turn to the coward's path.

Aura: Red
Scent: Strawberries
Master of Fire

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Aug 15 10 2:54 AM

That's a very good point! I completely missed the bit about Aten. I read the book really fast, and I'm only at the Sorceress in my re-read. ^^

As for his power, judging solely from Aztec mythology, I'd say he's pretty powerful. Mr. Scott seems to stick with the gods' importance in their respective mythologies, so I think ol' Kukulkan has a few tricks up his sleeve.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Aug 15 10 3:33 AM

Hm, I should do some research myself. Although, even if he is powerful he's still pretty arrogant...

flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif
And I actually laughed out loud for a solid minute because I could just picture Billy telling Quetzalcoatl to use Tail Whip (pokemon).

Master of Fire

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Aug 15 10 3:39 AM

Very true. ^^

I also liked when he almost got his tongue cut off with the Macuahuitl (I think I spelled that wrong, but you know what I mean). I pictured him like, reeling in his tongue, it was funny. ^^

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

The Will

Sorcerer

#34 [url]

Aug 15 10 1:59 PM

I actually think he's pretty powerful. Because Billy said something about, the last time he got mad was in 1906, and that was the year of the San Fransisco earthquake. And that was after his power was weakened by iron.

aura: Blue Smell:Cofee
user posted image
Art is dead. So people think you're funny? How'd you get those peoples money. ~ Art is Dead

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Aug 15 10 2:02 PM

QUOTE (The Who @ August 15, 2010 01:59 pm)
I actually think he's pretty powerful. Because Billy said something about, the last time he got mad was in 1906, and that was the year of the San Fransisco earthquake. And that was after his power was weakened by iron.

Oh, I never saw that. Whoops, guess I must have missed it on my re-read. But yeah, if he did cause the earthquake that is pretty powerful.

Master of Fire

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Sep 12 10 7:43 AM

QUOTE (TheAmericanMagician @ June 01, 2010 06:21 am)
i think billy will probley kill him to preserve his immortality

yeah me too

b ecuase he was question if you kikll your elder if he dies then you will still be immortal

"Fire is the most power full of all magics<---- " --Comte De Saint Germain ( Francis)
aura color: light red aura smell: pomegranates
Magics Mastered: water and Fire..........Kind: Magician..........Magics Learned: All
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Sep 17 10 12:59 AM

I kinda like Quetzalcoatl, but i like Billy better, and i'm pretty sure he's gonna kill Quetzalcoatl so he doesn't get binned.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Sep 18 10 6:33 PM

Isn't the Mayan Pyramid built for Quetzalcoatl? And the pyramid is somewhat used as a calendar, having 365 steps...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help