Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Jun 1 10 6:05 AM

Tags : :

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

The lively, colourful and feathered Dark Elder! Aka Kukulkan .. what are your thoughts and theories about this unique character?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#2 [url]

Jun 1 10 12:22 PM

QUOTE (TheAmericanMagician @ June 01, 2010 01:21 am)
i think billy will probley kill him to preserve his immortality

Interesting thought. It seems like this elder is bent on loyalty and tradition, an eye for an eye sort of thing, Ill scratch your back if you have scratched mine. So I think billy might be in big trouble with him unless he does his job properly or eliminates his elder (which im sure will not be an entirely easy task)

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jun 1 10 1:51 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ June 01, 2010 05:22 am)
QUOTE (TheAmericanMagician @ June 01, 2010 01:21 am)
i think billy will probley kill him to preserve his immortality

Interesting thought. It seems like this elder is bent on loyalty and tradition, an eye for an eye sort of thing, Ill scratch your back if you have scratched mine. So I think billy might be in big trouble with him unless he does his job properly or eliminates his elder (which im sure will not be an entirely easy task)

I can see the situation in which an overconfident Billy ends up losing his immortality from Quetzalcoatl. Something about their last exchange made me think that Billy came off a bit to full of himself and Quetzalcoatl will have the last word here.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 1 10 3:38 PM

I wonder how the feathered serpent felt when the Aztecs mistaked Cortez for him.

Speaking of which I do recall that the return of Quetzalcoatl was supposed to signify the end of the world for the sixth time, and didn't we hear the world has ended many times before from Dora?

Aura: Holly Green ...... Scent:Metallic...... Elemental Magic:Thought
user posted image
It is fantasy that puts us apart from the beasts. Anyone can say what is. Few can say what if.

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#5 [url]

Jun 1 10 5:00 PM

Indeed the Witch did say the world will end many times before the sun goes black, I found the interaction between Billy and Quetzacoatl very interesting, especially when Billy drew the sword on him. It was like open defiance of an Elder Master, I think that they will have a confrontation towards the end of things. We'll have to see if Billy can take him.

Aura: Cyan
Scent: Chocolate/Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

The Will

Sorcerer

#6 [url]

Jun 17 10 4:15 PM

I found an interesting quote from The Magician.

QUOTE (The Magician (Pg.432 ch. 52)
"And before you were Nergal, you were Huitzilopochtli. You led the human slaves to saftey when Danu Talis sank beneath the waves."

In Aztec mythology Quetzalcoatl (Could they have longer, more complicated names) and Huitzilopochtli are brothers, I don't know if this is of importance. I just found it interesting.

aura: Blue Smell:Cofee
user posted image
Art is dead. So people think you're funny? How'd you get those peoples money. ~ Art is Dead

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 17 10 7:11 PM

Aztec mythology have a lot of different histories. Some say that he was brother of Huitzilopochtli, Tezcatlipoca and Xolot, others said that he was only the brother of Xolot. Some myths said that he and his bother/brothers were born of Ometecuhtli and Omecihuatl, while others claim that they have been born of Coatlicue (in a separate myth, it's said that Coatlicue gave birth to Huitzilopochtli alone).

However, all myths claim that all of them were not only brothers, but twins. In a myth the four are named Tezcatlipoca, but they are from different colors: White (Huitzilopochtli), Black (Tezcatlipoca), Green (Quetzalcoatl) and Red (Xolot). Interesting too is that this four deites are the contrapart of each one, as an example, Huitzilopochtli is the god of the Sun, while Tezcatlipoca is the god of darkness.

I can't really say if Michael will put them as somehow related due to the diversity of the myths, but I'm really looking forward to more of the feathered serpent.

Also I found interesting that Huitzilopochtli and Quetzalcoatl were not only the protectors of human kind, but also contribute in their creation. But in the books both are Dark Elders, we know the reason of Mars to become a Dark Elder…but Quetzalcoatl?

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

Apprentice

#8 [url]

Jun 17 10 7:45 PM

I guess in order to understand what constitutes a Dark Elder, we probably have to understand their motives, as said we know Mars was corrupted, but some of these others like the Feathered Serpent probably want power and to be worshiped again, maybe that's what he wants. The whole Dark Elder things is becoming a fluid term depending on which character speaks, like Aoife when she said there are just Elders, not categories. But in terms of Quetzalcoatl, I guess we'll have to wait and see, especially in terms of him and Billy.

Aura: Cyan
Scent: Chocolate/Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 22 10 4:33 PM

HE is my favorite god

"הניצחון[ הגדול ביותר שלנו הוא לא לא ליפול, אבל עולה כל פעם שאנחנו נופלים.הניצחון הגדול ביותר שלנו הוא לא לא ליפול, אבל עולה כל פעם שאנחנו נופלים."

"Our greatest triumph is not never falling but rising up every time we fall."
Aura Color: Bronze flecked Platinuim
Aura Sent: Grapefruit

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jun 22 10 8:55 PM

He's interesting...I like the tail.

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jul 6 10 3:32 AM

I really like this Elder, from always, Quetzalcoatl has been my favorite god…but I must say that his description shocked me a little, in Aztec drawings he's depicted in three forms: A flying feathered serpent, a human and a combination of both in a Naga like fashion (upper body of a man, lower body of a serpent).

So we know that many Elders have something around the number three (The Morrigan, The Macha and the Badb [three personalities sharing one body] and Hecate having three different ages)…So you think is possible that Quetzalcoatl may had or still has that three forms?

P.S.: Come on Machiavelli, is not that hard to mention his name xD

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jul 6 10 12:47 PM

QUOTE (AlchemistMaster @ July 06, 2010 03:32 am)
P.S.: Come on Machiavelli, is not that hard to mention his name xD

Yes i agree there, its not hard to pronounce that(even if i do it wrongly...) and i thought that Kukulkan was as easy to say as Quetzalcoatl!! But i loved the way Machiavelli dealt with him. He was so cunning!!

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jul 10 10 3:09 PM

Especially the whole, lean forward and lower your voice sort of thing. That was pretty cool, and Quetzalcoatl ate it all up.

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jul 25 10 7:23 PM

I loved Quetzalcoatl! He is my favorite Elder. He has an interesting appearance and personality.

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jul 26 10 6:13 PM

QUOTE (AthenaApril @ July 10, 2010 03:09 pm)
Especially the whole, lean forward and lower your voice sort of thing. That was pretty cool, and Quetzalcoatl ate it all up.

Quetzalcoatl = Spoiled Child

Nicolo would be great with kids.

user posted image
"When she was finished, the legendary Perenelle Flamel would be little more than a mindless babe." - The Morrigan

Aura Color: Deep purple Aura Scent: Shea Butter

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jul 28 10 7:44 PM

QUOTE (Mindless Babe @ July 26, 2010 07:13 pm)
Nicolo would be great with kids.

Welcome to the Machiavelli Kindergarten, where we help your child to become just as sneaky and manipulative as our founder!

On topic: I actually didn't like Quetzalcoatl, what with his "mwhaha I shall spare you for now so be grateful" act. Though I can see why he's Billy's Elder.

And really, what's with the tail? Does anybody know if in history (the Aztec myths) there was something about him being sensitive about his tail?

Aura Color: Ash-grey
Aura Scent: Ocean Breeze

Beware the monsters when you fight, lest you become one yourself.

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#17 [url]

Jul 28 10 8:32 PM

I don't know if he was sensitive about his tail but I never really thought he'd actually *have* one.. lol

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jul 29 10 3:27 PM

Maybe it's because he's the only elder with a tail ...

But I like his character it's like he knows his place as an Elder .
Although I think he should have punished Billy the Kid run him through with a fire ball or struck him by a lightning or something. How dare he threaten an Elder ? He's nothing without him !!

Back to topic : Bottom line is I think he should be more violent

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jul 29 10 3:57 PM

That was a little stupid on Billy's part, but I guess it worked. Niccolo seemed impressed, and shocked, and...um, surprised.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jul 29 10 5:56 PM

QUOTE (AthenaApril @ July 29, 2010 05:57 pm)
That was a little stupid on Billy's part, but I guess it worked. Niccolo seemed impressed, and shocked, and...um, surprised.

As he should be.

Even though Quetzalcoatl seems -- at least compared to the other Elders we've seen so far -- kind of not-as-powerful, he's still someone I wouldn't want to anger. Unless I had some real powerful weapon. Which I guess Billy had.

Oh, and as for the tail, the only thing I found about that was that sometimes he's portrayed as biting his own tail (like the Oroboros Snake). So maybe it's still sore

Aura Color: Ash-grey
Aura Scent: Ocean Breeze

Beware the monsters when you fight, lest you become one yourself.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help