Remove this ad

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#81 [url]

Jan 14 11 10:26 AM

QUOTE (eabrea @ January 14, 2011 07:03 am)
QUOTE (dude2000 @ January 14, 2011 01:39 am)
Does anyone know why Nitan had been fighting Scatty? Were they just kinda play-fighting to see which was the better swordsman, or were they seriously trying to kill each other?

i think they were fighting for real. Niten even thought he was fighting Aoife at that time.

I think it was the other way around. Niten met Aoife because he thought he was fighting The Warrior Maid. I think it was said that Niten and Scatty and that he was the only humani to ever defeated Scathach.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#82 [url]

Jan 30 11 5:21 PM

In any case, he looks of liked well Scathach and Aoife !
It is really a character interessant, my preferred male side, I have to admit.

user posted image
Aura couleur: Green...... Aura Odeur:Eucalyptus Magie : Terre & Vent

Quote    Reply   

#83 [url]

Feb 17 11 1:35 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ December 22, 2010 09:58 pm)
QUOTE (Areop-Enap sister24 @ December 23, 2010 03:56 am)
QUOTE (Ancient @ December 22, 2010 05:44 pm)
Niten is an immortal human, not an elder.

does niten have an elder?

Yes, Niten's Elder is Benzaiten.

I just researched Benzaiten and it is the Japanese name for the Hindu goddess Saraswati.

Quote    Reply   

justmeandi

Spellcaster

#84 [url]

Feb 17 11 8:18 AM

If anyone needs some info on Myamoto Musashi - the most incredible swordsman and samurai of Japan (personal opinion of many including myself) whose pen name was Niten, you can read the Lone Samurai and several other books which are incredibly well written.

Among other things he is: great painter, experienced in the art of Noh, founder of the Niten Ichi-ryuu sword style of Japan (two swords - today's Wakizashi -shorter- and Katana -longer-), died from cancer while giving his all to the Buddhist Gods as a monk (sorry for the religious tpic, but this is a statement and no personal opinion s given. if you consider this as a breaking of the forums' rules, please delete it).

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#85 [url]

Apr 21 11 3:16 PM

I found a pretty interesting photograph. I checked the dates on the invention of the camera and they seem to match up with dates before Niten died. It's a portrait of the man himself.

Miyamoto Musashi

I know it contributes no way to conversation, but I thought it would be interesting to share. :3

(Image URL pending approval. I have sent a request.)
For future reference, please make sure you get the approval first and then post the approved link/image. Thanks ~Elena

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#86 [url]

Apr 21 11 3:23 PM

Twas interesting good job and thanks for posting it.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#87 [url]

Apr 24 11 3:56 AM

Niten is a really awe-inspiring guy. Is he like working for aoife?? flamelssecret/twocents.gif

Color: Cadmium Red Scent:Wood Smoke There is equal light in darkness, if you but know where to seek it. "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."Niccolo Machiavelli.
"It is much more secure to be feared than to be loved" Niccolo Macchiavelli[COLOR=red]

Quote    Reply   

#89 [url]

Apr 29 11 9:41 AM

More of a friend, like Dagon & Mach.

Aura: Deep Red
Scent: Smouldering Parchment
Magics: Fire and Air
The promise given was a necessity of the past, the word broken is a necessity of the present.

Quote    Reply   

#90 [url]

Apr 29 11 3:38 PM

Yeah I think he does it mostly because he enjoys her company and likes her as a friend, not for money (if he gets any, which I'm sure he doesn't).

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#91 [url]

Apr 29 11 8:22 PM

Even if it were for money, Aoife would probably have no need for it. All the more likely that they stay together for friendship. Like Orik said.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#92 [url]

Apr 29 11 9:48 PM

QUOTE (KaelynnSkye @ April 29, 2011 09:41 am)
More of a friend, like Dagon & Mach.

I agree, but I don't think it's the relationship Machiavelli had/s with Dagon. The latter's relationship was more business. Dagon swore service to Machiavelli because of a life debt. Niten's relationship with Aoife was more rooted on friendship and that's the reason why he drove Aoife. I think Aoife did mention that Niten is an old friend.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#93 [url]

Apr 30 11 5:12 PM

You're right, I was only thinking of the part when Machiavelli did acknowledge Dagon as his friend.

Aura: Deep Red
Scent: Smouldering Parchment
Magics: Fire and Air
The promise given was a necessity of the past, the word broken is a necessity of the present.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#95 [url]

Jun 2 11 10:24 AM

This is a flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif all posts in this thread may contain spoilers from The Warlock.

If you have not read The Warlock and do not wish to see spoilers then you should leave this thread now as we have given you clear warning that this thread will contain spoilers.

Quote    Reply   

#96 [url]

Jun 3 11 12:21 AM

I like Niten. It made me really sad when he cried over Aoife getting shut in the shadowrealm and when he vowed to go and get her. I hope he gets to see her again. flamelssecret/crying.gif

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   

#97 [url]

Jun 3 11 1:00 AM

I started really liking Niten in this book. And he can make sushi!!!! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

"No one knew why. He didn't even know why. But there was something about that sight of a soul so powerful that he would not give up fighting until all of his fears and nightmares were dead . . . until every single scream in the night had been muffled and turned into laughter . . . something about that sight struck him as admirable."
-Mordred

Quote    Reply   

#98 [url]

Jun 3 11 1:51 AM

Who doesn't like someone who can defeat scathath and make sushi all in one?
(Not necessarily in that order) flamelssecret/faint.gif

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

The Will

Sorcerer

#99 [url]

Jun 3 11 2:00 AM

As of this book Niten is most skilled warrior. He kinda beat up a weakend Mars, is known to have defeated Scatty, and Aifoe.

aura: Blue Smell:Cofee
user posted image
Art is dead. So people think you're funny? How'd you get those peoples money. ~ Art is Dead

Quote    Reply   

#100 [url]

Jun 3 11 2:59 AM

But mars was terribly weakened. It wasn't a fair fight.

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help