Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Jul 28 10 4:33 PM

QUOTE (Silvertwinn @ July 27, 2010 04:54 pm)
Before the Necromancer, I had never heard of Niten. (That's happening with a lot of characters... xD) But he is a very cool guy, plus he's Japanese. I like the idea of him being Sophie's guard for a while, he seems kind of like Butler from Artemis Fowl.

Haha, nice comparison there, silvertwinn!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#62 [url]

Aug 4 10 4:00 PM

i liked how he just started fighting de and then dee breaks his swords niten must have been like "what just happend?"

aura color: white
aura scent: fresh air
element: air

Quote    Reply   

#65 [url]

Aug 8 10 12:39 PM

I think that he'll help Scatty to rescue her sister from Coatlicue's Shadowrealm ...

Surely after hearing Aiofe's message Scatty won't stand doing nothing and being Aiofe's best friend Niten goes for her rescue too

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#67 [url]

Aug 15 10 2:03 AM

Our no Necromancer spoiler poilcy has now been lifted, posts after this one may contain spoilers, read on at your own risk if you have not yet read The Necromancer.

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Aug 27 10 8:52 PM

I loved how he was the one to bring Aoife back down to earth. Here's a quote:

"So you've known me--what?---for more than four hundred years...and yet, what do you really know about me?"
Aoife stared at the slender black-suited man and shook her head. "Not a lot," she admitted.
"And why is that?" he asked.
She shrugged.
"Because you were never interested," Niten said gently.
"You are the most self-obsessed, selfish person I know."
The warrior blinked in surprise. "You say that like it's a bad thing."

-The Necromancer, pages 337-338

This conversation started because Aoife commented on how Niten knew so much about cars, and he told her that he collected classic cars, and didn't she know that? And that really made him notice that she didn't know much about him. After a while, Aoife sits quitely for a long time. Then, she asks Niten a question about his car collection, the first time she's shown interest in someone else. I found this whole thing really cute, especially how Niten handled it cooly and gently, instead of just yelling at her about how selfish she was.

Niten is a very interesting character, and I hope we learn more about him in the next books.

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Sep 17 10 1:08 AM

Niten is just the most honest immortal of the series at the moment. Remember when he told Sophie and Josh that they can only trust themselves because the people around them want something from them, or want them to do something, or want them to be someone they are not.. It's very illuminating. It gives us the idea that people are just using them to achieve an end.. flamelssecret/idk.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#71 [url]

Sep 17 10 2:33 AM

Which is the same thing Scatty said. Here's a quote-

"Remember, trust no one. Except eachother." Scatty said.
"We can trust you and Nick though, right?" Josh asked.
"Trust no one." Scatty repeated.

user posted image
Aura-Purple with scent of bacon frying

Quote    Reply   

#72 [url]

Oct 11 10 3:53 PM

QUOTE (AthenaApril @ August 27, 2010 12:52 pm)
I loved how he was the one to bring Aoife back down to earth. Here's a quote:

"So you've known me--what?---for more than four hundred years...and yet, what do you really know about me?"
Aoife stared at the slender black-suited man and shook her head. "Not a lot," she admitted.
"And why is that?" he asked.
She shrugged.
"Because you were never interested," Niten said gently.
"You are the most self-obsessed, selfish person I know."
The warrior blinked in surprise. "You say that like it's a bad thing."

-The Necromancer, pages 337-338

This conversation started because Aoife commented on how Niten knew so much about cars, and he told her that he collected classic cars, and didn't she know that? And that really made him notice that she didn't know much about him. After a while, Aoife sits quitely for a long time. Then, she asks Niten a question about his car collection, the first time she's shown interest in someone else. I found this whole thing really cute, especially how Niten handled it cooly and gently, instead of just yelling at her about how selfish she was.

Niten is a very interesting character, and I hope we learn more about him in the next books.

Oh yes! I did notice that... I really loved how calm he is about everything... so graceful... Niten is by far my second favourite character.

I mean, who can beat Scatty, right?

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Oct 12 10 5:34 AM

yes, a true warrior who doesn't let anger take over him. i was disappointed when his swords were destroyed by dee.

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

#74 [url]

Dec 22 10 4:01 PM

My favorite elder at this moment would have to be Niten, because of his powerful sword skills, flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif the only person to have beaten Scatty flamelssecret/jawdrop.gif , he must be good! I think he will play an important roll in the warlock against mars ultor, meaning I believe he is good.

Destiny
~~ We Must Obey Its Laws.

Quote    Reply   

#75 [url]

Dec 22 10 5:44 PM

Niten is an immortal human, not an elder.

user posted image
Aura color: Dark green
Aura scent: Pine
Element: Lightning

Why is "weird" an insult when we all spend our lives striving to be weird? /bonesiii/

Quote    Reply   

#76 [url]

Dec 23 10 2:56 AM

QUOTE (Ancient @ December 22, 2010 05:44 pm)

does niten have an elder? if not, then how is he immortal? but i do think that he is vital to sophie's survival, because, like you said vampire_sage, because she has no one else. she has perenelle and niten. i dont exactly remember what happened to nicholas. but it has to be hard on her to see her own twin-brother turn against her. aoife is battling coatlicue,scatty, joan, and germaine (and shakespeare, i think) are back in time to danu talis, gilgamesh is practically dead-ish along with nicholas, who is pretty much stuffed into the grave after the fight with dee, coatlicue, virginia, and josh in dee's apartment house thing. flamelssecret/goodsigh2.gif

user posted image
Aura Color:White Aura Scent: Lavender Master of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth
Seventh daughter of a seventh daughter
Long-lost sister of Areop-Enap

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#77 [url]

Dec 23 10 2:58 AM

QUOTE (Areop-Enap sister24 @ December 23, 2010 03:56 am)
QUOTE (Ancient @ December 22, 2010 05:44 pm)

does niten have an elder?

Yes, Niten's Elder is Benzaiten.

Quote    Reply   

Zero

Apprentice

#78 [url]

Jan 9 11 8:53 AM

When you add a japanese samurai to the story and said samurai uses 2 Katana, you know that **** JUST GOT REAL!!!

**Using asterisks to negate the auto-censor is a poor show, i'm sure you have better ways to express yourself than implying cuss words. Zep**

EDIT: Im a teenager its what i do D:

Aura Color: [TBA]
Aura Scent: Black Cherry (Changes sporadically)
Master of the Elements of Darkness and Shadow

"They say living well is the best revenge, but Stabbing works just as well"
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#79 [url]

Jan 14 11 1:39 AM

Does anyone know why Nitan had been fighting Scatty? Were they just kinda play-fighting to see which was the better swordsman, or were they seriously trying to kill each other?

Aura Color: Dark Grey Aura Scent: Nothing

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Jan 14 11 7:03 AM

QUOTE (dude2000 @ January 14, 2011 01:39 am)
Does anyone know why Nitan had been fighting Scatty? Were they just kinda play-fighting to see which was the better swordsman, or were they seriously trying to kill each other?

i think they were fighting for real. Niten even thought he was fighting Aoife at that time.

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help