Remove this ad

endlessea

Spellcaster

#41 [url]

Jul 14 10 4:31 PM

I wonder if he is gonig to try and find a way to help her with the help of promethius

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Jul 14 10 7:54 PM

I don't know why, but I just don't like Niten... I think he might be evil

user posted image
"After all this time?" Always...
Aura: Dark Purple & Dark Green...... Scent: Cave Mud...... Element:Fire

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#43 [url]

Jul 14 10 10:18 PM

QUOTE (baksh mohindra @ July 13, 2010 06:40 pm)
I never found a reference to any historical person with the name of niten, but what i found was that Niten Ichi-ryu, is an art of swordsmanship that the character niten uses. Now that means that it is not his real name, but one which he uses. So who is he really? A famous swordsman of the art, perhaps? But which one? I think he is very mysterious, and also very interesting!!

Here's the quote to help you Baksh:
QUOTE (The Necromancer p.142)
"Niten was also known as Miyamoto Musashi."

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jul 15 10 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ July 14, 2010 10:18 pm)
QUOTE (baksh mohindra @ July 13, 2010 06:40 pm)
I never found a reference to any historical person with the name of niten, but what i found was that Niten Ichi-ryu, is an art of swordsmanship that the character niten uses. Now that means that it is not his real name, but one which he uses. So who is he really? A famous swordsman of the art, perhaps? But which one? I think he is very mysterious, and also very interesting!!

Here's the quote to help you Baksh:
QUOTE (The Necromancer p.142)
"Niten was also known as Miyamoto Musashi."

Thanks Zeph!! I cant believe i missed that, or maybe forgot it....but then it was so gripping that i would have passed through the detail and not register it properly....thanks anyway for reminding me...!!

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jul 18 10 8:15 PM

I agree with the idea that he probably knows the Elemental Magic of Water, because he does have a boathouse....but that could be coincidence...but Nicholas Flamel doesnt believe in coincidence

Aura Color: Orange
Smell: Forest Fire
Element: Fire
Magic: Necromancy

Quote    Reply   

endlessea

Spellcaster

#47 [url]

Jul 21 10 6:37 PM

Miyamoto Musashi was one of the most legendary samurai of his time it is no wonder he was picked up as a character in this book. I dont think he is an elemental of water yes he was a boathouse that he never visits but like the flamels have their house in a book store it is secret and discreet.

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#50 [url]

Jul 24 10 5:20 PM

And that he was the only Humani who ever defeated Scathach in a battle. I wonder why they were fighting in the first place..and if he defeated her why didn't he kill her?

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#52 [url]

Jul 26 10 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Prometheus II @ July 24, 2010 12:45 pm)
Really ?? and why is that ?
I just can't see why ? We don't know enough about him except that he's a friend of Aiofe and a good one ... Nothing more nothing less...

I... don't... know...

He is just so much better in so many ways. So graceful... so mysterious... so informant... so knowledgeable. I love sword fighters too. And he's just... so awesome!

My favourite Niten scene of all time and probably always will be (it's also my favourite Quote / scene / conversation out of the whole series so far):

QUOTE ( Necromancer Page 127-128)
" I am immortal, and though I have not lived as long as Nicholas or Perenelle, I am now, and have always been, a warrior. And if that life has taught me anything, it is that in every war, both sides believe they are right."
     "And what about us, Niten?" Josh asked. "Are we on the right side?"

"You are on a side, and that is important. You don't have to stay on that side. Often the greatest act of courage is admitting that one has made a mistake." He paused, then added, "Follow your hearts. Protect one another, trust one another because at the end of the day, all of these people want something from you, or want you to do something for them, or be something that you are not. Your only responsibility is to one another." Then turned and walked away.

Now do you see my point? wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jul 27 10 4:54 PM

Before the Necromancer, I had never heard of Niten. (That's happening with a lot of characters... xD) But he is a very cool guy, plus he's Japanese. I like the idea of him being Sophie's guard for a while, he seems kind of like Butler from Artemis Fowl.

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jul 27 10 4:59 PM

QUOTE (Silvertwinn @ July 27, 2010 04:54 pm)
Before the Necromancer, I had never heard of Niten. (That's happening with a lot of characters... xD) But he is a very cool guy, plus he's Japanese. I like the idea of him being Sophie's guard for a while, he seems kind of like Butler from Artemis Fowl.

He does now doesn't he!

Butler...

I have heard of him, I just didn't know it. I did a speech about Japanese historians, and I spoke of Miyamoto Musashi. (Another name Niten was known as)

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Jul 27 10 5:42 PM

QUOTE (Sca_thach_Fan @ July 27, 2010 08:59 am)
He does now doesn't he!

Butler...

I have heard of him, I just didn't know it. I did a speech about Japanese historians, and I spoke of Miyamoto Musashi. (Another name Niten was known as)

Now that is cool! I hope we hear about him more in the Warlock, I think he'll be a nice addition to the good guys. xD

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

endlessea

Spellcaster

#60 [url]

Jul 27 10 5:57 PM

Dee has my vote and whats her name Dare but Nitan is really cool to though

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply