Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jul 5 10 5:13 AM

The aura thing is confusing me flamelssecret/confused0058.gif I'm too tired to reread though the posts....

Has anyone read the myth about prometheus? How he was chained up for giving fire to humans? Do you think that also happened in the series?

Wait...why is he in Hades?!?!?!?!?

"No one knew why. He didn't even know why. But there was something about that sight of a soul so powerful that he would not give up fighting until all of his fears and nightmares were dead . . . until every single scream in the night had been muffled and turned into laughter . . . something about that sight struck him as admirable."
-Mordred

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Elena

Immortal

#42 [url]

Jul 5 10 5:48 AM

@remusflamel:
Yes I've heard about the myth (I'm Greek). In the books it mentions it (different of course) :

QUOTE ( The Necromancer pg. 223)
... the man, older still, terribly wounded and chained to a rock on a poisonous Shadowrealm, being attacked by savage birdlike creatures...

..and to answer your question here's another quote from the books:
QUOTE (The Necromancer pg.175)
Some of the other Elders created beasts, but Prometheus went one step further. A step too far, for many. That was the reason the Elders hated him and banished him, and why he was sentenced to a long drawn-out death in the Hades Shadowrealm.

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#43 [url]

Jul 5 10 6:28 AM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ July 05, 2010 03:23 am)
palamedes has black armor and his aura is olive green, so im not sure how this relates, also didnt shakespear have police armor? So i think its possible to have different colored armor than your aura color, I imagine its something that takes practice but we know prometheus has been around for a while so im sure its something he could have mastered. But it is interesting to note this isnt the first time we've seen armor a different color than the characters aura.

I thought eldritch magic or woodsmoke smelled a bit like burnt leaves but that is germains scent exactly so thats interesting as well.

I agree here, I think one can mold ones aura what ever form and/or color he likes. In Joan's case she stuck with Silver. I find Prometheus's choice of armor color similar to what Will did in The Magician where he changed armors from the Police armor in the scrapyard to the yellow chain and leather in the Hendge. Also, didn't Prometheus' armor in his Shadowrealm colored rust?

I also think woodsmoke smells like burnt leaves, and we know the scents of the characters change slightly when they their emotions change. The manifestation of the scent of burnt leaves may be related to that or (highly unlikely) Sophie confused scents of people who taught her - Zephanaiah and Germain.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Jul 10 10 3:07 PM

QUOTE (Elena @ July 05, 2010 05:48 am)
@remusflamel:
Yes I've heard about the myth (I'm Greek). In the books it mentions it (different of course) :
... the man, older still, terribly wounded and chained to a rock on a poisonous Shadowrealm, being attacked by savage birdlike creatures...

Some of the other Elders created beasts, but Prometheus went one step further. A step too far, for many. That was the reason the Elders hated him and banished him, and why he was sentenced to a long drawn-out death in the Hades Shadowrealm.

So if he didn't die (obviously) then did he escape the birds?

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jul 10 10 8:41 PM

QUOTE (AthenaApril @ July 10, 2010 03:07 pm)
@remusflamel:

In Greek Mythology, it says that Zues sent his son Heracles, also known as Hercules, to release Prometheus becuase he finally revealed the name of the women to Zues.
Prometheus has the gift of forethought and taunted Zues with the fact that the King of Gods was going to have a son with a lady that would be far more powerful than he was.Zues, with his new found knowledge, made the Sea nymph, Thetis, who was the women Prometheus was talking about, marry a mortal. They gave birth to Achilles.

Sorry, I get carried away sometimes...

"No one knew why. He didn't even know why. But there was something about that sight of a soul so powerful that he would not give up fighting until all of his fears and nightmares were dead . . . until every single scream in the night had been muffled and turned into laughter . . . something about that sight struck him as admirable."
-Mordred

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jul 11 10 11:40 PM

QUOTE (remusflamel @ July 10, 2010 08:41 pm)
QUOTE (AthenaApril @ July 10, 2010 03:07 pm)
@remusflamel:

In Greek Mythology, it says that Zues sent his son Heracles, also known as Hercules, to release Prometheus becuase he finally revealed the name of the women to Zues.
Prometheus has the gift of forethought and taunted Zues with the fact that the King of Gods was going to have a son with a lady that would be far more powerful than he was.Zues, with his new found knowledge, made the Sea nymph, Thetis, who was the women Prometheus was talking about, marry a mortal. They gave birth to Achilles.

Sorry, I get carried away sometimes...

Okay, thanks!

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jul 15 10 6:41 AM

QUOTE (Elena @ July 04, 2010 07:50 pm)
Prometheus is..really interesting..esp. his Silver Armor

When he wore it:
QUOTE (The Necromancer pg. 223)
..the boy, now a young man in an exotic silver armor, wielding a flaming red sword against a host of armored warriors

1. Why silver armor? If it was made out of his aura why wasn't it RED?
2. RED sword? Maybe Clarent? He is the Master of Fire and Clarent the sword of Fire after all..

When he made one for the Witch:
QUOTE (The Necromancer pg. 223)
"Do you remember when you made a suit like this for me out of your own aura? To keep me safe, you said." The smell of vanilla was strong in the air, and then it was touched by another odor: the crisp scent of burning leaves. A slender thread of brown metal now dappled the silver metal, making it resemble leopard skin.

1.He made a suit for the Witch. But again why silver if his aura is red? I assume the color of the suit is affected by the color of one's aura..like when Joan showed Sophie how to use her aura to make an armor(kinda).
2. Also, a disturbing fact. Why is the armor (made by Sophie=Silver) dappled in brown?

How's that possible? And after this happens, we get another odor..burnt leaves. This is Germain's scent..well he's the only one we know with that scent. Confusing.

-Also, is his aura really red or is it affected by the fact that he is The Master of Fire? Fire=red?

That's it for the day! flamelssecret/crazy.gif

Well The Which's armor would be brown because her aura is brown.

But yes... the burning leaves... weird...

I like these kind of finds... they give me things to think about!

user posted image
Kitties are the BEST! <3

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Jul 15 10 12:01 PM

When Prometheus made the human kind his overwhelmed aura began to consume him !
so the scent of anise (anise is kind of a leaf) was transformed to burned anise ... burned leaves

That's what I think at least

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jul 17 10 12:42 AM

According to the Greek myth, the birds ate his liver every day, and it grew back every night. That extended the punishment, because he kept on being reborn. Eventually Hercules killed the birds and released Prometheus.

P.S. in the Zephaniah's aura scent=woodsmoke
Germain's aura scent=burnt leaves.
I don't know the difference between the two, but that's what the books say.

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jul 20 10 4:01 AM

Anyway, getting back on topic....

I was reading into different forms of Prometheus to see if we could find more info on the Witch via him, and I found some interesting news: We know that Prometheus created men from clay. According to Mayan mythology, him and a god named Tepeu also made men from clay. We also saw signs that he actually likes humans taking over this world. Now, why would a god who made men want to destroy them? Does anyone else besides me believe that he is being socially engineered aka manipulated?

user posted image
"Fairness doesn't mean everyone gets the same, it means everyone gets what they need." -Julius Kane (The Red Pyramid, Rick Riordan)
Aurum est potestas-- Gold is Power!! Aura Color - Mahogany Aura scent - Melting Cheese

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Jul 20 10 8:06 AM

Isn't Quetzalcoatl the topic ??

Any way Prometheus has proven his loyalty to the humani by touching the skull ! Zephania told him that no Elder is touch the skull but he did without any hesitation !
It's quite obvious for me at least

Yes it was, I have moved your posts into the appropriate topic, please try to stick with the thread topic. Thanks

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jul 30 10 1:53 AM

He didn't really touch the skull directly though. Perenelle and Nicholas's hands were separating his hand from the skull.

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Aug 4 10 6:45 PM

Prommetheus flamelssecret/rulez.gif in mythology was freed actully freed from the mountian by zues

*Image removed by admin COC size violation

"Isis the greatest goddess of all"
Aura color:blue
when calm, orange when angry Aura scent: When blue lime, when orange fire
ElderMaster: Isis Elemental Magics : Earth and water
Magics: necromancy (I was taught by osiris himself) intagibility

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#54 [url]

Aug 4 10 6:55 PM

QUOTE (Connla @ August 04, 2010 02:45 pm)
Prommetheus flamelssecret/rulez.gif in mythology was freed actully freed from the mountian by zues

He was freed by Hercules according to myth. Zeus is the guy that put him on the rock.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Aug 4 10 9:41 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ August 04, 2010 12:55 pm)
QUOTE (Connla @ August 04, 2010 02:45 pm)
Prommetheus  flamelssecret/rulez.gif in mythology was freed actully freed from the mountian by zues

He was freed by Hercules according to myth. Zeus is the guy that put him on the rock.

in the greek myth heracles killed the vultures (sometimes eagle's depending on where you read the myth) and broke the chains that kept prometheus there zues chained him to the rock because he stole fire from olympus and gave it to the humans and since zues didnt like that he chained him to the rock and the brids ate his liver and it would regrow every night and with the nymph the prophecy was that thetis's son would be greater than his father prometheus warned zues of that and as such she was married off to peleus

aura color: white
aura scent: fresh air
element: air

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Aug 6 10 12:04 AM

I wonder if the guy who chained promethes to the rock is Dee's elder

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Aug 6 10 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Connla @ August 05, 2010 06:04 pm)
I wonder if the guy who chained promethes to the rock is Dee's elder

the guy who chained prometheus to the rock in the myths was zues himself

aura color: white
aura scent: fresh air
element: air

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Aug 6 10 12:07 AM

What I meant was after hercules freed him from the rock he was let back on olympus by zeus

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Aug 12 10 2:24 PM

I like Prothemeus. He seems to be an interesting charater and he is the creator of humans also his relationship with the witch of Endnor seemed so strong in the memories so why was didn't he tlk to his sister or refuse when sophie said she had a message for him. flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

Aura colour: Blue Aura Scent: Tulips
Girl
Lives in the UK 

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Aug 12 10 6:36 PM

I think it might be because the Witch of Endor 'wasted' the family fortune to search for the Archon technology. Though there might be other reasons that I'm forgetting or haven't been mentioned in the series yet.

Aura color: Violet
Scent: Juniper

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help