user posted image
Aura: Emerald
Scent: Sage

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Jun 1 10 6:23 AM

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

I finished the Necromancer after my ordered copy came in today. I was mad, because I thought I wouldn't be able to read it for another week. But, I'm good!

So, after this, I'm thinking that Aunt Agnes is kind of like a Grover, Hagrid, Dumbledore kind of character, especially after Chapter 8:

QUOTE ( The Necomancer page 51)
"The old woman sighed and fished her cell phone out of her pocket. She wasn't looking forward to telling Richard and Sara Newman that their children had vanished. Again.
Some guardian she'd turned out to be!"

This could mean something or absolutely nothing. Two arguments are present. One: Agnes could be special and important, a protector for the twins; or Two: She is just their Great Aunt and is exasperated that she has to inform their parents of their disappearances again.

I like to think of the latter argument, and proceed with the train of though and suspect that Richard and Sara may be more than Archaeology Junkies. They might play a bigger role in something. Like Arthur Weasley in 'Harry Potter', who likes to learn things the Muggle way, see how it is from their perspectives, Richard and Sara could be like that.

EDIT: I apologize, I didn't realize that the Podcast crew covered this topic in Episode 18 (which I am currently listening to). flamelssecret/wall_.gif

I also caught something interesting that Perenelle said. She mentioned in passing when talking to Sophie:
QUOTE ( The Necromancer page 140)
"...Yet she is cunning, and if she wanted to control you, she would have done so when she was Awakening you."

Dora didn't Awaken Sophie, Hekate did. But, I may be completely wrong, and Perenelle could be referring to her new powers helping 'awaken' her.

All in all, a great story! Akhenaten was on my list of possible Machiavelli Elders (I picked Ramses II at first, but he ruled Egypt for too long). And I completely blanked on the Fibonacci sequence! I love that thing.

**Please do not use other size fonts and colour text outside of the Birthdays & Holidays threads and signatures, it's a violation of the COC rules. Zephfire**

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Jun 1 10 6:40 AM

Maybe there are more than one warlock. Maybe shakespeare learned his magic from a warlock. Though, right now it's pretty much agreed that it is Mars.

Niten was really cool to meet, the only person who could defeat Scatty. I hope we get to meet his Elder, she would be interesting. She is the goddess of everthing that flows: water, knowledge, etc. So she would be very informative.

Aoife, I liked her a lot. At first she seemed to harsh towards everyone, but she just wants to save her sister. I think that Scatty will go after her sister when she returns, and I think that Scatty and Aoife feed off auras, but I'm not sure(anyone can answer).

I loved Virginia Dare, I don't know why, but I did. I thought that she was really cool, and I liked how she has done everything with her flute and hasn't used her aura once. Also, it is ONE of the objects of power I think was said, so what are the others.

The vision of Marehtyu and Scatty on Danu Talis, I'm guessing that it is when they went back and battled.

Perenelle honestly scared me in this book. We met a complete new side of her. I wonder what her destiny is that she was told by Marethyu and why it has convinced her to be so brash towards everyone. She bosses Nicholas around, yet he still loves her and I trust Nicholas even if he has lied. Perenelle is the one that has to be watched.

Zephaniah is interesting. She knows so much about the Earthlords and Archons yet she destroyed a lot of it. She is much more dangerous then she seems. She obviously has something big planned and I wonder what it is and if it has anything to do with giving Sophie all of her knowledge. Which I think Perenelle was lying about, especially because Josh saw the brown in her aura, so why did Perenelle lie and why are the witch's memories about her blocked.

I wonder if we will get to meet Abraham in The Warlock, I'm sure we will by the end of the book. I wonder if he is connected to Gilgamesh, because he is old and they probably met sometime. or maybe he's connected to Marethyu, or is Marethyu. Marethyu obviously can see the future if he can predict futures and maybe he got that form Chronos as well. He also knew how to translate the Codex, and knows many magical secrets.

Prometheus was cool because even though he is angry at humanity he still loyal to them and is happy that he created them. he also loves his sister and trust the Flamel's enough to use the crystal skull.

I liked how this book was so informative, I loved it even if it lacked in action. You didn't even notice because it was so amazing. Plus that means the next book will be filled with action. It is just setting up for the fun. This book was probably my favorite out of the four.

I also think that eye color is really important. I've noticed that the main eye colors are blue or grey. Probably almost as important as aura color.(I don't think that Perenelle is cloaking her aura scent, I think it is scentless because ice is scentless and her aura is ice white. Just like nicholas is green and mint, color correspondence to scent.)

Machiavelli and Billy are quite a team. A knowledgable, follow the plan kind of person and a fun loving person. Opposites attract and make the best team. I do think that Machiavelli will turn against the Elders because Quetzacoatl made him realize how arrogant they are and how he has lost touch with humanity end they still see him as a tool to throw away when they're finished.

This book has risen a lot of questions, that I hope are answered soon. Will Dee succeed in his vengeance, I think that he just might. He has the Codex and he doesn't want the Dark Elders to win, so he won't give them the Final Summoning. Though, I'm sure they'll get it and to the ritual and we'll see a huge battle.

Also, what will happen to Josh. Will him and Sophie have to fight and will it be like Aoife and Scatty? I also don't know if I'd call him the Necromancer, because I don't see people as labeling him the Necromancer as they do with the others.

Anyways sorry for the long post, but it was nice to get my thoughts out. I'm just about to read it again and get my facts and thought in order, so I can make accurate predictions and theories.

Oh yeah, sorry for more.

Aunt Agnes, I think that there is something special about her. That there is more than meets the eye. I kept expecting her aura to flare up when she saw that Josh was gone.

And is there something special about the twin's parents and I'm guessing we'll get to meet them soon since both their children have gone missing.

Please do not post twice in a row use the edit button instead to modify your post as I have done for you this time. Thanks

"Strange people change the world, normal ones keep it that way"
Aura Color: White
Aura Scent: Vanilla Milkshake
Element Speciality: Air

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Jun 1 10 11:17 AM

Mars cannot be the Warlock, because like michael said, the titles refer to immortal humans.

It is time: this world is in need of a Warlock again.

This probably means that Zeph. wants Mars to train a new Warlock.
Im just guessing though.

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#46 [url]

Jun 1 10 11:26 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ June 01, 2010 05:28 am)
flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif —kind of.

I will post more when it's not one-thirty am and I'm not on an iPod, but on the excerpt of The Warlock, didn't Michael say that he had choices for who THE warlock is? I believe he said he has a humani, immortal, and Elder (being Mars). So we may yet be debating. I brought this up mainly because I want Shakespeare to be the Warlock, so it's kind of an opinion war.

Yes, he did:

Here's the few things Mr. Scott has said on THE Warlock's identity:

The Necromancer is really a book of revelations - and not only do you discover the identity of the Necromancer, you will also learn the identity of The Warlock.

Michael

----

Interesting question. I cannot saying anything about the Enchantress, in case it gives something away, but I can talk a little about The Warlock. By the time we hit book 5, all of the elements for the finale will be in place. We will, of course, have met many more Elders and Dark Elders. In that mix, there will be at least three characters - humani, immortal and Elder - who are Warlocks.

So I have a choice...

Michael

----

Possibly book 5 (The Warlock) will not be called after a humani...
Michael
----

After reading book 3, have we met The Warlock and The Enchantress yet? 

I was so tempted NOT to answer this question, but...you have met one of them.
Michael

So - I'm still running with Mars, based on the above, (mainly, that while there would be a Humani, Elder, and Immortal choice to take, that if possibly won't be called after a humani and would be revealed in the Necromancer kinda forces my hand towards Mars.)

The last quote is more interesting to me - considering that assuming that it isn't a trick quote and just because he's said we've met one thatit doesn't mean we haven't met the other, it'd imply that since we knew Mars in books 2/3, that as of Book 3, we still wouldn't have met the Enchantress. Leaving basically Dare as the only new choice to consider right now.

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#48 [url]

Jun 1 10 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Dark Elder 77 @ June 01, 2010 08:21 am)
I'm so confused by the time travel stuff. Why do they have to go back in time? I thought the battle at Danu Talis was already won

But maybe the battle was only won because they went back in time to fight it.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#49 [url]

Jun 1 10 12:44 PM

QUOTE (@(•L•)@ @ June 01, 2010 06:17 am)
Mars cannot be the Warlock, because like michael said, the titles refer to immortal humans.
It is time: this world is in need of a Warlock again.

This probably means that Zeph. wants Mars to train a new Warlock.
Im just guessing though.

Michael never said the titles only referred to immortal humans, so the warlock could very well be Mars, and the way its worded in the book, Im inclined to think that is exactly the case.

QUOTE (SilverTwinn)
Dora didn't Awaken Sophie, Hekate did. But, I may be completely wrong, and Perenelle could be referring to her new powers helping 'awaken' her.

I agree there is something fishy there and this is not the first time we have seen this. That whole conversation between Perry and Sophie is very interesting to me because Perry says one thing and then turns around and says the exact opposites a few lines later much in the same fashion as Hekate does when she is talking about Abraham. Im kind of wondering if the Witch was possibly involved in part of the awakening process, which is why they keep saying that the witch awakened sophie. We know from Dee that the awakening process is supposed to take several days, and we see Sophie go to two elders in the matter of hours. We do not however see this for Josh which is quite curious, considering Dee was instrumental in having him awakened.

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jun 1 10 1:33 PM

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

Ah, I can finally post my thoughts, to bad I went to sleep before I could earlier.

First, I agree with everyone on Perry, she was much different once she met back up with Nick. I think that that's how she really is, and while she worries for Nicholas, she is actually quite deceptive. Don't forget what everyone, even the elders say about her.

The sorceress is infinitely more powerful than the alchemyst.

That might be referring to how no one knows anything about her, not even Nicholas. I think that she has her own agenda past stopping the creatures on Alcatraz, just the way that she's handling this is different than I expected her to, though I'm not surprised that she runs the relationship. I could tell that she did, by the fact that Nick always wished that he could ask her what they should do.

As for the Warlock, I think that its possible that its Mars, in fact that's most likely the case. You never know though, that might be Scott's way of tricking us and keeping us guessing, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Shakespeare. He's very powerful, and we really haven't learned much about him as a character yet, for all we know, he could be the warlock. Though I can't think of who the humani that might be the warlock is, since Will is probably the immortal, and we know that Mar's is the Elder. Hm, I keep coming back to Sophie and Josh's parents, and how we don't know anything about them. Maybe they are human, but what if Josh's dad is the humani warlock, which makes me wonder about their mom. Its always possible that if I'm right about the parents, that she could the Enchantress. I don't know, that's just my theory on it.

Now, I have two new favorite characters, Death(trust me, you don't want me to try and spell the name. It won't be pretty) and Niten. flamelssecret/clap3.gif I froze for a second when they revealed that Niten was Miyamoto Musashi. He has to be one of my favorite historical people, I didn't expect him to end up in this story. I just sat there for a minute or two before I could continue to read. Now I wonder though, how do we know that Niten won't get a hold of the swords, I think that he would be the most suitable user of the blades, just looking at his history. Let's see Dee knock him across the room when he gets a hold of one of those, or both.

Then there's Death, ..., I don't know how to describe him really. He's the one character that I've thought about constantly since I finished reading the Necromancer. There are so many possibilities for him, it really makes me wonder about a lot of thing. Though I'm going to read the book once or twice again, before I come out with anything about him.

With all that said, I want to talk about the Earthlords more. The minute that they brought in a race that was older than the archons, I was wondering about the world they had before. It seems like every race that comes before the next is more powerful then the race that follows. Look at how many Elders it took to defeat the archons. That and that there was another race before the Earthlords, man, it makes me kind of wish that this series was done and that he was already writing about the Earthlords. I'm patient though, and I can't wait for the Warlock or the Enchantress. I'm really looking forward to the next few books.

Those are all of my thoughts for now, but man, with all the thoughts going around in my head, I might just flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Jun 1 10 2:28 PM

I found the Hook-handed man really frustrating. I have referenced and cross referenced his name in every single search and encyclopedia I could find. Not even one result.

Aura:Sunshine Yellow
Scent:Ozone

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Jun 1 10 2:55 PM

QUOTE (mrprecise @ June 01, 2010 10:28 am)
I found the Hook-handed man really frustrating. I have referenced and cross referenced his name in every single search and encyclopedia I could find. Not even one result.

I had this problem as well. It's like he didn't exist in mythology, but we all know that just about EVERY character in the series is a person from mythology or history. I believe that he has other names, and is just using this one. Possibly his original name? Heh, also I find it slightly funny that we've met the Hook-Handed Man (Marethyu), but we still don't even know who or what he is. Makes me think that we're still at square one with him and his identity. flamelssecret/wall_.gif

user posted image
Each Event is proceeded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.
~Zurin Arctus|The Underking

Aura color: Indigo
Scent: Blooming trees

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#53 [url]

Jun 1 10 3:40 PM

QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ June 01, 2010 10:55 am)

I had this problem as well. It's like he didn't exist in mythology, but we all know that just about EVERY character in the series is a person from mythology or history. I believe that he has other names, and is just using this one. Possibly his original name? Heh, also I find it slightly funny that we've met the Hook-Handed Man (Marethyu), but we still don't even know who or what he is. Makes me think that we're still at square one with him and his identity. flamelssecret/wall_.gif

Keep in mind that "Marethyu" is his name in the language of Danu Talis, which may not be a "real" language. So while we have met him, we may not know him by a name that's researchable yet.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:01 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ June 01, 2010 03:40 pm)
QUOTE (Indigo Spirit @ June 01, 2010 10:55 am)

Keep in mind that "Marethyu" is his name in the language of Danu Talis, which may not be a "real" language. So while we have met him, we may not know him by a name that's researchable yet.

Well he called himself Death, so he's bound to be one of the many death gods that there have been in mythology over the years. He could easily be one of those.

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:07 PM

QUOTE (Dark Elder 77)
I'm so confused by the time travel stuff. Why do they have to go back in time? I thought the battle at Danu Talis was already won

There are two events connected through time: the sinking of the island and the group going back to do it. Because the sinking of Danu Talis occurred first in chronology, it would be known about in the present. But, time would continue "normally" until the group had to leave to do it.
QUOTE ( Godsryche)

I want to say that the Hook-Handed Man is Abraham, but there would be almost no evidence to back that claim. It would explain why he knows everything and everyone, though. Does it say anywhere what the Hook-Handed Man's aura color and Abraham's aura color are?

QUOTE ( Spacecadet)
I agree there is something fishy there and this is not the first time we have seen this. That whole conversation between Perry and Sophie is very interesting to me because Perry says one thing and then turns around and says the exact opposites a few lines later...

What I find even more interesting is that Sophie doesn't say anything when this happens.

QUOTE (Rurounizakku)
Well he called himself Death, so he's bound to be one of the many death gods that there have been in mythology over the years. He could easily be one of those.

He could also have been someone who caused a lot of death, or killed one single influential person.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#56 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:09 PM

I feel I must add that Sparticle uncovered something interesting. She found out and told me (so the credit for this post goes to her ) that Marethyu is also Sanskrit. It also means 'death.'

So... maybe we should look for gods of death from mythology in India? flamelssecret/idk.gif

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:14 PM

QUOTE ( Indigo Spirit)
So... maybe we should look for gods of death from mythology in India?

First, kudos to Sparticle to find that out!
Sanskrit is also used in many of the Middle Eastern countries (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan...). India or anywhere else in the Middle East might be a good start. Good thinking, Indigo.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:16 PM

QUOTE (Silvertwinn @ June 01, 2010 12:14 pm)
QUOTE ( Indigo Spirit)
So... maybe we should look for gods of death from mythology in India?

First, kudos to Sparticle to find that out!
Sanskrit is also used in many of the Middle Eastern countries (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan...). India or anywhere else in the Middle East might be a good start. Good thinking, Indigo.

Ahh yes, thanks for the info.

Well, then that broadens the number of death gods we could research doesn't it?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#59 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:20 PM

QUOTE (Alchemist92 @ June 01, 2010 05:10 am)
Where do they mention chronos' appearence

I think it was said that Prometheus was able to throw him around. I'll have to check for the exact quote.

QUOTE (Godsryche @ June 01, 2010 12:39 pm)
QUOTE (Dark Elder 77 @ June 01, 2010 08:21 am)

But maybe the battle was only won because they went back in time to fight it.

I agree. Marethyu did say that Scathach and Co. will not have to worry about the fate of Nicholas and the Twins if Danu Talis will not fall. That to me means the Warriors Marethyu brought from the future were essential to the battle which eventually to the sinking of the Island.

Thanks for sharing that Indigo, that's a good place to start digging. But the language of Danu Talis maybe a combination of most languages much like the Codex as it is transcribe in different languages spanning through millennia.

Silvertwin, I though of Marethyu being Abraham also because he did make a deal with Chronos as well, he asked to know when the end of the world will be. But Abraham was known, as far as we know, by his name 'Abraham' in Danu Talis and the Hook-Handed Man introduced himself by saying he prefers the name he was called in Danu Talis - Marethyu.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:27 PM

QUOTE (Moviebuff @ June 01, 2010 12:20 pm)
Thanks for sharing that Indigo, that's a good place to start digging. But the language of Danu Talis maybe a combination of most languages much like the Codex as it is transcribe in different languages spanning through millennia.

That's kinda what I was thinking too. Maybe the language of Danu Talis is the root of of all the other languages...?

I'm already researching names of death gods. I think we should look out for... beings that have transitioned from culture to culture and changed over time. Like Mars...

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help