Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jun 10 10 3:12 PM

QUOTE (Calliope @ June 10, 2010 03:44 am)
What if Abraham warned the Twins that DT would fall, one of them wanted to save DT and the other wanted it to fall so that humanity could rise.... maybe that's what they fought about.

But why would the one who wanted to destroy Danu Talis say that het want to destroy it, and didn`t do it in silence...??

user posted image
Aura color: Lime Green Aura Scent: Burnt Corpses Elements Masterd : Fire & Water
I have recieved the gift of foresight

- Before all else, be armed.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Jun 10 10 3:14 PM

QUOTE (mzpolarbear @ June 09, 2010 08:28 pm)
QUOTE (Godsryche @ June 08, 2010 12:46 pm)
QUOTE (N. Machiavelli 3/5/1469 @ June 08, 2010 02:42 pm)
That is a good theory too   flamelssecret/Agreed.gif. But weren`t the origianl twins master over all the five elements?

Like I said, if that was indeed the case, then they would have power over Aether and could travel through time, which they haven't done, so it must have been on purpose, or if was an accident, then they must also be dead, otherwise they would have gone back to stop it.

okay, just for the sake of argument, let's say the original twins could travel through time...maybe they can't just go back and fix the fall of Danu Talis, because they saw (through their travels) that this event was the start of many other great things that are supposed to happen...or that through their travels, they find out that they are not the ones that can actually stop it, since they put the ball in motion to begin with. Paradox and all that....

There must be some big conflict that results in the fight that sinks DT. That one event I am guessing set many other things in motion. Change one event (especially one so big) and it changes the course of things to come.

But with that said, I believe, if they did survive the fall of DT, then they have retreated to some distant ShadowRealm(s). And are hesitant to rejoin the battle between the Elders.

You know there is another possibility here. Given what we know about Micheal's ability to pull from different mythologies and historical events, it may be possible that he would do the same thing for theories as well.

Without going all Orwellian here and turning this into a time travel discussion, we have so far focused on only a couple of possibilities here. So far in reference to the Original Twins we have constantly run into the problem of a Paradox, if we believe that they have mastered Aether. Whether its a Quantum physics explanation or String theory or whatever right?

What if Michael decided to go a different way? What if he uses another type of time travel that imposed say the Novikov self-consistency principle (which I am sure you are all hitting Wiki up right now to see what it is) that basically states that Paradoxes are impossible? Oh and that is just one theory there are others that would dismiss the theory of paradoxes in Time Travel as well.

If Michael was to go that route then it would be entirely possible that the OT's could travel back in time or forward for that matter.

Just a thought.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#43 [url]

Jun 10 10 3:43 PM

My original theory avoids the paradox issue all together -

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

That Josh and Sophie are the Original Twins. Just as when M. brought back Scatty and co. to fight on the island, he does the same thing with Josh and Sophie, and they realize that they are the twins who fight on Danu Talis.

Whether they are fighting each other or not remains to be seen, there is no evidence to suggest that the OTs were fighting eachother, they could have been fighting together, against the Elders, in an attempt to sink the island.

They obviously succeed as the island is sunk.

No paradox.

The Maretheyu is actually Josh theory can fall right into line with this one.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#44 [url]

Jun 11 10 5:43 AM

So if according to your theory, Marethyu is Josh, who is Sophie?

Phin, keep in mind that as Mr Scott is writing for quite a wide audience I don't think he's going to get down into the nitty gritty of Quantum Physics... he could, but there'd be a lot of nine year olds out there left scratching their heads.

I do have to agree with Godsryche on this one.

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#45 [url]

Jun 11 10 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Calliope @ June 11, 2010 01:43 am)

Sophie doesn't need to be anybody. Or at least anybody we've met yet. Or perhaps she didn't survive the fall. There's any number of possibilities.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jun 11 10 1:08 PM

QUOTE (Calliope @ June 10, 2010 02:47 am)
Um.... are you talking about Robert Abraham Esau the German physicist, or Jacob and Esau from Christian myth? Sorry flax but I don't think either one is going to come into play here....

I do however think we've been wrong in our thinking about the Original Twins... are we absolutely sure they were a boy and a girl? This raises another question.. if they were boy/girl twins, which is the sun and which is the moon?

o lol yea it was jacob and esau...sry i mixed up the stories

Aura:Indigo
Scent:Ozone
"He wouldn't kill us would he?"
"No, no he wouldn't...there is much worse he could do."

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Jun 11 10 2:48 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ June 11, 2010 12:15 pm)
QUOTE (Calliope @ June 11, 2010 01:43 am)

Sophie doesn't need to be anybody. Or at least anybody we've met yet. Or perhaps she didn't survive the fall. There's any number of possibilities.

Hecate (Greek Ἑκάτη) (the goddess with three faces) is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology. She was a Titan, the goddess of sorcery, birth and the moon.

The Maretheyu is actually Josh theory can fall right into line with this one
flamelssecret/Agreed.gif

so Hecate and Maretheyu are Brother and Sister.. Sun and Moon

user posted image
Aura color: Lime Green Aura Scent: Burnt Corpses Elements Masterd : Fire & Water
I have recieved the gift of foresight

- Before all else, be armed.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Jun 12 10 3:41 AM

Wait, I don't get it.
How is Sophie Hekate?

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aura ~ Silver..........Scent ~ Permanent Marker

Quote    Reply   

Zosimus

Spellcaster

#49 [url]

Jun 12 10 11:30 AM

No, Hekate is the original moon-twin, and so is Sophie...

But I don't think Maretheyu is Josh, because when he led Scatty & co. to Danu Talis, he said that they had to help the twins, otherwise he would have said something like: "You have to help us", don't you think?

user posted image
Aura color: green and purple flowing in each other... Magic scent: fresh cinnamon Primary Magic: Ether

"Veni, vidi, vici."; Caesar said...
I would say: "ego recubo, ego impono, ego mos debello": I lie, I cheat, I will eliminate.

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#50 [url]

Jun 12 10 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Zosimus @ June 12, 2010 12:30 pm)
No, Hekate is the original moon-twin, and so is Sophie...

But I don't think Maretheyu is Josh, because when he led Scatty & co. to Danu Talis, he said that they had to help the twins, otherwise he would have said something like: "You have to help us", don't you think?

But if Josh had said that, it would have made it too easy for us to figure out his identity, and Michael rarely makes it that easy for us to guess major plot twists like that!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#52 [url]

Jun 14 10 6:38 AM

Maybe they could have looked very similar?

user posted image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Jun 14 10 2:21 PM

QUOTE (Von Neil Flamel @ June 13, 2010 11:32 pm)
^There would have been a distinguishing feature.

What distinguishing feature are you thinking of?

user posted image
[ Aura: Gold ] [ Scent: Fresh Ginger ]

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Jun 14 10 3:43 PM

As in, their facial structure or something? Is that what you're talking about?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Zosimus

Spellcaster

#56 [url]

Jun 14 10 3:51 PM

Yes, or just a total lookalike...

user posted image
Aura color: green and purple flowing in each other... Magic scent: fresh cinnamon Primary Magic: Ether

I would say: "ego recubo, ego impono, ego mos debello": I lie, I cheat, I will eliminate.

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#57 [url]

Jun 14 10 8:42 PM

the river lithe washes memories, at least in Greek myths, and the Styx was mentioned in the sorceress, so perhaps they are the original twins

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   

Zosimus

Spellcaster

#58 [url]

Jun 14 10 8:48 PM

Who, the Lithe and the Styx???

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Calliope

Sorcerer

#59 [url]

Jun 14 10 8:50 PM

The rivers of the Underworld... but I can understand what you're getting at. Sophie and Josh fall in Lithe, which accounts for them not remembering anything if they end up going to the past... well sort of... thus making it possible for them to be the Originals as well as being Sophie and Josh... am I close to what you meant?

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

Quote    Reply   

Sorcerer

#60 [url]

Jun 14 10 8:52 PM

yeah the first part

user posted image
Aura:Emerald
Scent:Raspberry
I have been Awakened... I am a master of Fire... Water... Earth and Air... and an apprentice to a master of Time... I posess the gift of Foresight...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help