Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Aug 16 10 9:34 PM

Nereus and Mars are third cousins.

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Oct 15 10 2:08 PM

QUOTE (Nurmengard @ August 13, 2010 02:28 pm)
Nereus is the son of Gaia and Pontus. Then Gaia gave birth to the 12 Titans with Uranus. Cronus is one of the 12 Titans and with Rhea, he gave birth to Hades, Poseidon, Zeus, Hera, Hestia and Demeter. Zeus and Hera had 4 children: Hephaestus (Vulcan), Ares (Mars), Hebe and Eileithyia. So Nereus is something like Mars Ultor's half grandfather, if that makes any sense.

but since there is nearus will there be posiden. i mean some elders are more than 1 figure in mytholghy like mars

QUOTE (the immortals champion @ October 15, 2010 02:08 pm)
QUOTE (Nurmengard @ August 13, 2010 02:28 pm)
Nereus is the son of Gaia and Pontus. Then Gaia gave birth to the 12 Titans with Uranus. Cronus is one of the 12 Titans and with Rhea, he gave birth to Hades, Poseidon, Zeus, Hera, Hestia and Demeter. Zeus and Hera had 4 children: Hephaestus (Vulcan), Ares (Mars), Hebe and Eileithyia. So Nereus is something like Mars Ultor's half grandfather, if that makes any sense.

but since there is nearus will there be posiden. i mean some elders are more than 1 figure in mytholghy like mars

but also there might be more that one god of the sea not impossible but i have my doubt on that but it might be like selen godess of the moon and artemis godess of the moon

** Please do not double post. There is an edit function (which if you need help using, please pm a member of the staff) which should be used instead. Thanks, Kris. **

CODE
immortal champions
And thats what i think
Aura Color=gray
sent= roses

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Oct 28 10 7:21 AM

exactly, one god/goddess does not have to be the sole entity for something. just like in Percy Jackson, Poseidon is battling with a Titan, Oceanus, whose teritorry is also the sea/ocean.

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Oct 29 10 2:49 AM

exactly, one god/goddess does not have to be the sole entity for something. just like in Percy Jackson, Poseidon is battling with a Titan, Oceanus, whose teritorry is also the sea/ocean.

Good point, but if you look at the original mythology, the Greeks had very distinct "jobs" for each god, such as the goddess of the yellow that you see on the edges of clouds when the sun is behind them (Very long title, I know ). That's about as distinct a job as it gets.

So, Okeanos is the god of the ocean, while Poseidon only has control of seas. They are similar, but not quite the same thing.

user posted image
Aura color: Blue-Gray,
Aura scent: Pine,
Practices Water and Air magics.

Some books are to be tasted; others to be swallowed; and some few to be chewed and digested.~Francis Bacon

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Oct 29 10 9:11 AM

Remember that Poseidon is the God of the Seas, while Oceanus is the personification of the world-ocean.

The Titans are not gods, they not rule certain part of the world or represent certain aspect of humanity, they are the personifications of nature: Water (Oceanus), Earth (Gaea/Gaia), Sky (Ouranos), etc.

user posted image
Don't you know who I am? I'm the one who have cheated death!

Aura Color:Amarant
Aura Scent:Cinnamon

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Dec 9 10 2:55 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ May 25, 2010 11:26 pm)
The Old Man of the Sea, father of the Nereids and not who you'd want to meet in a dark tunnel under Alcatraz! But Perenelle did just that, and evaded him! Do you think we'll meet him again?

i wonder who would win the old spider or the old man of the sea i wonder ????

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Dec 9 10 3:10 AM

QUOTE (valkyria24 @ December 09, 2010 02:55 am)
QUOTE (Zephfire @ May 25, 2010 11:26 pm)
The Old Man of the Sea, father of the Nereids and not who you'd want to meet in a dark tunnel under Alcatraz! But Perenelle did just that, and evaded him!  Do you think we'll meet him again?

i wonder who would win the old spider or the old man of the sea i wonder ????

i go for Areop-Enap! for some reason, i find the giant spider cute

Aura Scent: Lemongrass
Aura Color: Lime Green

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Dec 13 10 7:00 PM

I think that Nereus will come back because he didn't die in book three and he has a score to settle with Perry.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Dec 14 10 12:30 AM

I'm not so sure about that because last we saw him he was injured plus his debt is done so he is free to go and even if he still lived i don't think he will go near pernelle anytime soon.

Aura color:diomand blueAura scent:grassdew Element:earth

people come and go but life is forever

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Dec 14 10 12:38 AM

But arrogance might get the best of him and he might have his children to attack her.

user posted image
Aura Color:Blue
Aura Scent:Peaches
Element:Air,Fire,Water,&Earth
The bravest and most courageous people are those who find happiness in the darkest of times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Dec 14 10 12:48 AM

ya i guess that can happen but remember Aero Enap is sleeping on the islan and if he wakes, well lets just say nothing will get off the island including Nereus

Aura color:diomand blueAura scent:grassdew Element:earth

people come and go but life is forever

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Dec 22 10 10:55 PM

QUOTE (The Who @ June 23, 2010 12:13 am)
In mythology The Old Spider has spent a lot of time in the ocean. I'm sure it could hold his own in the water.

kinda flamelssecret/OFF T SMILEY.gif (more about how areop-enap should be able to hold itts own in the water and fend off nereus)yeah- i think what happened ( found on wiki) is s/he was the first being, and the only other thing was a giant sea clam, and a HUGE ocean. so s/he went inside the clam, and found a snail and told the snail to go pry the clam open, and the great spider made the top of the clam the sky, and the bottom the land & sea.
dont ask me , dosent make a lot of sense, but thats mythology for you.

user posted image
Aura Color:White Aura Scent: Lavender Master of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth
Seventh daughter of a seventh daughter
Long-lost sister of Areop-Enap

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#35 [url]

Jun 2 11 10:14 AM

This is a flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif all posts in this thread may contain spoilers from The Warlock.

If you have not read The Warlock and do not wish to see spoilers then you should leave this thread now as we have given you clear warning that this thread will contain spoilers.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Jun 3 11 2:11 AM

Bahahahaha i thought it was really funny when he came in and Billy freaked out and started running his mouth and had to be told to shut up by Mach, and then when Billy asked if they could release the kraken and he told him it was only an inch long. I loved when he said they should release the Lotan and even Mach had no clue what it was. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif he was another person though who thought he knew the twins, but they of course didn't know him. that part is strange. maybe they will all meet them in the Danu Talis final battle.

user posted image
Aura colorAmber
Aura scent:Cedar boughs

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Jun 3 11 2:36 AM

I loved Nereus in The Sorceress! And in this book, he was well written! When he was getting out of the water when Josh is there, that was a entrance!

Also, if Nereus is on Danu Talis, he most likely wouldn't have gone through the change can't wait to see how Mr. Scott describes him

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Jun 3 11 2:55 AM

Nereus is an awesome character
but not worth wub.gif ing about

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Jun 3 11 2:57 AM

What? He was awesome in The Sorceress. When he leapt out of the water and tried to attack Perenelle, that was brilliant

user posted image
"There Is No Beast Without Cruelty."
Aura: Purple
Scent: Garlic
Element: Fire & Earth

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Jun 3 11 3:10 AM

I said he was awesome, but not lovable

Aura Color: Cadmium Red Aura scent:Burning pitch
Magical strongpoints: Air, Fire, and Earth magics, Transmutation, and Necromancy
The promise given was a necessity of the past: The word broken is the necessity of the present.
user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help