Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jan 10 09 12:43 AM

Hi, im sam and i read your first book for summer reading a while ago and i REALLY liked it. I got the book again when i was going away on vacation and saw the you were making a second book and i was waiting forever for it to come out. Well, it came out and i noticed it in science class when we were in my schools library and at the end of school i was like, mine and i checked it out and i just finished reading it and i really liked it flamelssecret/clap3.gif . So, now in praying flamelssecret/pray.gif for the sorceress to come out.

P.S. How many book do you think you are going to write for the series?

Ní bhíonn saoi gan locht.
There's no wise man without fault

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#22 [url]

Jan 10 09 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Sam4B00ks @ January 10, 2009 12:43 am)
Hi, im sam and i read your first book for summer reading a while ago and i REALLY liked it. I got the book again when i was going away on vacation and saw the you were making a second book and i was waiting forever for it to come out. Well, it came out and i noticed it in science class when we were in my schools library and at the end of school i was like, mine and i checked it out and i just finished reading it and i really liked it flamelssecret/clap3.gif . So, now in praying flamelssecret/pray.gif for the sorceress to come out.

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Jan 10 09 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Michael Scott @ January 10, 2009 12:46 am)
QUOTE (Sam4B00ks @ January 10, 2009 12:43 am)
Hi, im sam and i read your first book for summer reading a while ago and i REALLY liked it. I got the book again when i was going away on vacation and saw the you were making a second book and i was waiting forever for it to come out. Well, it came out and i noticed it in science class when we were in my schools library and at the end of school i was like, mine and i checked it out and i just finished reading it and i really liked it  flamelssecret/clap3.gif . So, now in praying  flamelssecret/pray.gif for the sorceress to come out.

There will be six books in the entire series.

Michael

YES! The more the merrier! I love it when theres more than just 3

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Jan 10 09 4:36 AM

Wow. Is all I can say.
I actually just finished The Alchemyst. And I'm amazed. I've read a lot of books in my twelve years, and so far, although I'd say this about a lot of books, this is by far the most amazing book I've ever read. The way it incorperates so many myths and legends and history is just awesome.
About a year ago, my cousin had come across the book in the States, and I wanted to read it, mostly because of Jo Rowling's mention of Nicholas in The Philosopher's Stone, but she never did let me borrow it. :S
But I picked it up at the library and I'm glad I did. I had no idea that it was part of a series, and when I got to the part with Dora, I kept saying, "No, it can't be over this quickly, there is NO possible way!!" My mom actually looked at me as if I were crazy. I was VERY VERY happy to see the words that said "End of BOOK ONE" which defintely meant there were more.
I've also had difficulty choosing a speech topic for this year, and I still haven't, but it will be on one of the myths included in Alchemyst.
Wow. I do seem to write more than I need to sometimes. Ah well, I guess I have a lot to say...
I'm gonna try to find a copy of The Magician. I see a trip to Chapters in my near future.
-->Brianna
PS. Awesome to see such interaction with fans from an author. Something I've never seen before. Love it!!

I have a lot of ideas, and I procrastinate. A fatal combination.

Once you are touched by magic, you are forever changed...

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#25 [url]

Jan 10 09 5:36 AM

welcome xResidentBookwormx. Its always nice to see enthusiatic members join the forums. Dont worry about the long posts, we welcome well thought out discussions.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Jan 15 09 1:15 AM

Hi, I read the Alchemyst a couple months ago now (although I've re-read it recently), and I liked it so much, I used it for several ELA things, including summary of a book, descriptive writing (which by the way I got about an entire page of, w/ 3 columns, all from The Achemyst and The Magician). A poem about characters, and something else, right now I can't seem to remember. Afterward, I read the Magician, and I got several friends into it, and I got our school library to carry copies of each book. Your books are great for Middle school kids, and probably more,(i just have experience about Middle school kids) it's also great for school projects, because there's a lot of description, character develpment, conflicts...
... Basically.. I LOVE your books!
flamelssecret/clap3.gif

"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away."

Aura Color: Orange
Aura Scent: Clementines

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Jan 23 09 11:22 PM

lol, it was the same here
i forget my reason for reading it
i think it was summer reading, or just mere curiosity
i think i was intrested in Full Metal Alchemist(an anime) back then so maybe that was why

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Feb 21 09 4:39 AM

So....you're really him?....i mean...like in person and everything?...oh my god....I am a huge fan...i've read a few very good books, but you, sir, have become my absolute favorite author. There's a list of books i have, and you tie all those at the top. Eragon, Eldest, The Giver, Harry Potter....your books are better than those combined.....and to be honest, all those are my absolute favorites...well i should say were....i've found a better book.....The Alchemyst!!!!....just glad to say something to an idol..i am attempting to be a writer to....i've been published in a poetry anthology....but now i've attempted fiction...thank you if you read this..you're a god amongst men...keep up the good writing sir.

P.S. It would be amazing if, with the release of the Sorceress, you toured in the southwestern part of florida....by tampa.....i would go crazy from excitement!! flamelssecret/love0030.gif

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Mar 9 09 11:40 PM

hola me encantan sus libros señor Scott lei el primero en tan solo un par de dias y fue un tormento esperar al segundo (aunque en cuanto supe que salio sali disparado a comprarlo) bueno creo que soy el unico de este foro que habla español asi que no se si entiendan pero igual gracias por escribir tan maravillosa historia ya no puedo esperar para leer el tercero

saludos a todos flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#31 [url]

Mar 10 09 1:54 AM

QUOTE (Caronte @ March 10, 2009 12:40 am)
hola me encantan sus libros señor Scott lei el primero en tan solo un par de dias y fue un tormento esperar al segundo (aunque en cuanto supe que salio sali disparado a comprarlo) bueno creo que soy el unico de este foro que habla español asi que no se si entiendan pero igual gracias por escribir tan maravillosa historia ya no puedo esperar para leer el tercero

saludos a todos flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Welcome Caronte, we're happy that you joined us! flamelssecret/clap3.gif would you like to post the english translation of you message so that more of the other members can understand it?

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#33 [url]

Mar 10 09 12:27 PM

Yes, in future if you could use a Spanish to English online translator, so our non-Spanish speaking members can chat with you too, we'd really appreciate it!

QUOTE (Caronte)

Hey Mr Scott,  I love your books. I read the first in just a couple of days and it was agony waiting for the second one (though I knew that I had to buy it) If i am hard to understand I think its because I am better on forums that are in Spanish but thanks for writing a wonderful story and I can not wait to read the third

greetings to all
Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#35 [url]

Mar 10 09 8:06 PM

QUOTE (Caronte @ March 10, 2009 01:52 pm)
jejeje sorry for putting the message in spanish but my english is a little poor 

thats perfectly ok we have quite a few members who english isnt their first language. We are happy to help if you have questions

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#36 [url]

Mar 11 09 1:09 AM

QUOTE (Caronte @ March 10, 2009 08:52 pm)

That's ok Caronte, we welcome everyone! Having members from all over the world is one of the reasons we think this forum is such a great place to be! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   

hitmanjls

Next Generation Elder

#37 [url]

Mar 11 09 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ March 10, 2009 08:09 pm)
QUOTE (Caronte @ March 10, 2009 08:52 pm)

That's ok Caronte, we welcome everyone! Having members from all over the world is one of the reasons we think this forum is such a great place to be! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Yeah, I was just concerned that your questions or theories would go unanswered because most of us wouldn't be able to read them.

And you don't need to do the translation yourself, if you have trouble doing so. Google translate is by no means perfect, but it will get your point across.

Welcome to the forums!

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Mar 11 09 1:13 PM

QUOTE (hitmanjls @ March 11, 2009 11:50 am)

hello , I love mr.Scot's work because it's so plotted and mixed with full of different legends and see these legends fight against eachother. Also I like the mysteries and so many questions that are raised. I really admire mr.Scot's work because all the research he does and still has time for interviews,touring,writing and awnsering questions at the same time(on the forum). flamelssecret/love0030.gif

"People only think about what they need,never about what they are needed for"

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#40 [url]

Mar 12 09 12:27 AM

QUOTE (Caronte @ March 12, 2009 12:40 am)
because I like making new friends and think that's the main reason the forums no matter where they are

thanks for the translador flamelssecret/dance.gif

You're most welcome Caronte, any help we can be, just let us know, we like everyone to be able to join in as much as they can! flamelssecret/clap3.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help