Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

May 1 10 2:39 AM

Tags : :

Well I hope you have your theory hats on and are looking forward to your exclusive glimpses into The Necromancer!
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

May 1 10 2:52 AM

First post Whoo Hoo

Who could he be? Interesting to think of other immortals that are older than Flamel. I always put Gilgamesh in a category all by himnself but he is nothing more than an immortal.

I wonder if we are going to meet even more immortals in The Necromancer?

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#3 [url]

May 1 10 2:59 AM

oo yay very exciting!

Im thinking it might be a new character, possibly one that is helping flamel and the twins, otherwise he most likely wouldnt need to explain his age, unless maybe its aoife's bodyguard, or maybe its aunt agnes (ok prob not)

Calliope

Sorcerer

#4 [url]

May 1 10 3:08 AM

I have a theory on who this might be already... it could be a new character, or it could be one we already know. I'm not sure whether I'm actually allowed to say anything though

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

#6 [url]

May 1 10 5:51 AM

QUOTE (Calliope @ May 01, 2010 03:08 am)
I have a theory on who this might be already... it could be a new character, or it could be one we already know. I'm not sure whether I'm actually allowed to say anything though

Unless you have some sort of inside information or have tapped into Michael's files we'd love to hear your thoughts and theories on the quote.

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Calliope

Sorcerer

#7 [url]

May 1 10 9:27 AM

Well... no inside info, no hacking to his files (why on earth would I do that, it's totally unethical - ?,?)

From this quote, we know it has to be someone born within the 1330 to 1527 time period, and from the immortals Michale's already introduced, it is most likely to be someone influential... so I'm thinking it's either Mach, who we already know.... or I have the inkling it might be Martin Luther, simply because he changed the world in a way.

But now that I think about it, it's more likely to be Mach

user posted image

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#8 [url]

May 1 10 11:05 AM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ May 01, 2010 03:52 am)

Who could he be?

Ok, i'll have that point.. why couldn't it be a female immortal?

#9 [url]

May 1 10 11:09 AM

QUOTE (Calliope @ May 01, 2010 09:27 am)
Well... no inside info, no hacking to his files (why on earth would I do that, it's totally unethical - ?,?)

From this quote, we know it has to be someone born within the 1330 to 1527 time period, and from the immortals Michale's already introduced, it is most likely to be someone influential... so I'm thinking it's either Mach, who we already know.... or I have the inkling it might be Martin Luther, simply because he changed the world in a way.

But now that I think about it, it's more likely to be Mach

Hmm... may I suggest using the site link removed please submit to the staff for approval

Its very informative, although it skipped Flamel. flamelssecret/no-no.gif

Basically, I cross-referenced a search of everyone famous born in that time with people with odd things associated with their deaths, or someone who might fit the profile of a Necromancer..

I got

Vlad the Impaler, who fits the description of a necromancer perfectly,

Nicholas Copernicus (people have searched for two hundred years for his remains, and have found nothing.)

Paracelsus- father of toxicology, alchemist, and head of a secret group (The Order of the Rosae Crucis) of alchemists who threatened to change science for all time. BUT: they've found his remains. Darn.

Nostradamus- I don't think this is likely, but if it is, he is probably prophetic. That would be a good teacher for the fifth element, no? Sadly, they've found his tomb, and he's been moved around a bit.

Lastly, Catherine de' Medici- She's been referred to already, hasn't she? We all pretty much know her story. She was killed and re-buried a total of four times; in a town, a mass grave, paris, etc.

Calliope

Sorcerer

#10 [url]

May 1 10 12:46 PM

I've changed my mind. Martin Luther is probably not going to come into this seeing as most of his fame is based off of challenging a modern religion. I do however like some of your theories Powerstar.

Ok, Copernicus... perhaps, his background with cosmology might link back to the Moon/Sun twins legend within the series.

Vlad the Impaler- I quite like this idea... could add a very interesting twist if it is indeed him. But who says a necromancer has to be cruel and heartless like Vlad's rep makes him out to be?

Nostradamus... I think we have enough influential sooth-sayers in this series, but you never know who might crop up.

Paracelsus... I kinda doubt this one, although I'm not quite sure why.

Catherin Medici... is quite a likely candidate as well, as she already has links with Mach.

It could also be Leonardo Da Vinci, he was born and 'died' within the right time period for it to be him.... and he was very influential as well.

It could also be Columbus. Or Hernando Cortez, which would tie in with the apparent Meso-American theme of the Necromancer.

Or... it could be Joan. She was born within this time period as well... So there you go Zeph, at least two females it could be. I wish it could be Mary, Queen of the Scots, but she was born outside the time period suggested by the quote.... cheese-and-whiskers!

user posted image

Remove this ad

#13 [url]

May 1 10 3:21 PM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ April 30, 2010 10:52 pm)
First post Whoo Hoo

Who could he be?  Interesting to think of other immortals that are older than Flamel.  I always put Gilgamesh in a category all by himnself but he is nothing more than an immortal.

I wonder if we are going to meet even more immortals in The Necromancer?

Actually, Gilgamesh is more than just another immortal. He's an Ancient, which is a separate classification. It even gets capitalized!

On first thought, I was thinking Machiavelli, because it's already been mentioned that he resents that Dee is younger than him.

But when I think about it, it could be any number of people, of course. My second guess is Catherine de Medici. She is on the poll, so she definitely has to be a possibility. Also, I was thinking it could be JD.

user posted image
Aura color: deep chocolate brown Magic scent: cacao
"I've got a Facebook. And I utterly hate the games. I would much rather waste my time spouting useless information and complaining about my life than waste it trying to take care of virtual corn." - silvertouch
"Kai su, teknon?"-Julius Caesar's last words, Greek for "Even you, my child?"

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#14 [url]

May 2 10 12:48 AM

Was thinking Mac as well... he is older then Dee, that we know... I think more revealing though is the other immortals mentioned.

But it could be UJG. We don't know anything about him, so it's hard to count him for or against.

Glad to have these quotes - Thanks Mr. Scott! Can't wait for the book... Loving the discussion as well, guys!

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

#15 [url]

May 2 10 1:47 AM

Could this guy possibly be the Hook-Handed man?

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#16 [url]

May 2 10 1:53 AM

QUOTE (silvertouch @ May 02, 2010 02:47 am)
Could this guy possibly be the Hook-Handed man?

I suppose that he could very well be, if he is lying about his age... and we do know that the twins were cautioned that everybody lies and that they should trust no-one but each other!

#17 [url]

May 2 10 5:34 AM

QUOTE (Calliope @ May 01, 2010 09:27 am)

Oh, I was just teasing Calliope. I know you don't have Michael's secret files.

This hook handed man idea is intriguing. I can't wait to learn more about him!

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#18 [url]

May 2 10 9:01 AM

I though Mach too initially, then I thought it could be female - the immortal mistress of Air - but she was younger than Dee. Catherine Medici is a good idea, but I'm liking this Hook handed man idea. It's about time we get to meet him.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

#19 [url]

May 2 10 12:28 PM

I think our biggest clue here is that he has to explain that he's not the oldest. Who is such a strange character that they'd have to explain that? My guess is someone who was thought to be immortal in their normal lifetime, but wasn't.

Any suggestions?

Aura: Holly Green ...... Scent:Metallic...... Elemental Magic:Thought
user posted image
It is fantasy that puts us apart from the beasts. Anyone can say what is. Few can say what if.

#20 [url]

May 2 10 1:01 PM

Virginia Dare?

Aura:Orange
Scent:Blue Berry
Element:Time
user posted image

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help