Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Mar 12 10 1:26 AM

Tags : :

Michael has named the Mother of the Gods as Coatlicue so I thought we'd better have a thread to discuss her!
What do you think..will she be good or bad?
What colour aura could she have?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Elena

Immortal

#1 [url]

Mar 12 10 1:51 AM

Hmmm...first post,lol.

So,I did a lot of research on Aztec gods and I found a lot of interesting facts.

Coatlicue, also known as Teteoinan (also transcribed Teteo Inan) ("The Mother of Gods"), is the Aztec goddess who gave birth to the moon, stars, and Huitzilopochtli, the god of the sun and war. She is also known as Toci, ("Our Grandmother"), and Cihuacoatl, ("The Lady of the serpent"), the patron of women who die in childbirth.The word "Coatlicue" is Nahuatl for "the one with the skirt of serpents". She is referred to by the epithets "Mother Goddess of the Earth who gives birth to all celestial things", "Goddess of Fire and Fertility", "Goddess of Life, Death and Rebirth" and "Mother of the Southern Stars".

She is represented as a woman wearing a skirt of writhing snakes and a necklace made of human hearts, hands and skulls. Her feet and hands are adorned with claws (for digging graves). Coatlicue keeps on her chest the hands, hearts and skulls of her children so they can be purified.

Almost all representation of this goddess depict her bad..deadly side, because Earth, as well as loving mother, is also the monster that consumes everything that lives. She represents the devouring mother, in whom both the womb and the grave exist. SO I believe she would be..neutral,because that's her ..nature. But you never know..

According to the legend, she was magically impregnated by a ball of feathers that fell on her while she was sweeping a temple. She gave birth to Quetzalcoatl and Xolotl. In a fit of wrath her four hundred children, who were encouraged by Coyolxauhqui (her daughter), decapitated her. The god Huitzilopochtli afterward emerged from Coatlicue fully grown and girded for battle and killed many of his brothers and sisters, including decapitating Coyolxauhqui and throwing her head into the sky to become the Moon. In a variation of this legend, Huitzilopochtli himself is conceived by the ball-of-feathers incident and is born in time to save his mother from harm.

This is only a small ..example of the things I found for her (this is from a site-but I have more XD)..I found other things that mention other gods(that are quite interesting) but I will not post them because I think I'll be slightly off topic

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Mar 12 10 1:58 AM

Seems to me that we have so many Elders aligned with either good or bad that it might be cool to start seeing more that are in a more ambiguous role. Or better stated not favoring either good or bad. Coatlicue seems like the perfect choice to be on neither side. I do think that her aura should change colors though.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#3 [url]

Mar 12 10 2:17 AM

I imagine when she is raised she will not be a happy camper, Im not sure i expect her to be good, especially if dee has any kind of control over the situation. Maybe she is the owner of the black aura.

Quote    Reply   

Fuzzbinn

Sorcerer

#4 [url]

Mar 12 10 5:17 AM

QUOTE (Zephfire @ March 12, 2010 01:26 am)
Michael has named the Mother of the Gods as Coatlicue so I thought we'd better have a thread to discuss her!
What do you think..will she be good or bad?
What colour aura could she have?

Does she have an Aura - based on hte not-written-by-Michael-Scott bookflap info we have, It seems to me that she'd be Archon-realtaed - after all, Dee needs her to get the Archons, at least, that seems to be what it implies...

And if Dee's tryng to awaken her - considering the situation he's in (see the Birthday Preview Michael gave us for a greater idea of how bad off he is right now), I'd imagine that she's not going to be noted for being good. And she's probably VERY powerful...

Aura Color: Sunset Orange..........Scent: Pomegranate
Fearus the Fuzzbinnus! Cave Fuzzum!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain."...."It's time to toss the dice."
"I don't want a happy ending. I want more story" - Francis Hardinge, Fly By Night
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#6 [url]

Mar 12 10 7:41 AM

I also think she's not on the side of good, the descriptions I've read about her depicts her as bad. She could be neutral since she loves the earth but I don't think any humani-eating Elder/Archon could be good.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Mar 22 10 2:49 AM

I don't think she has the black aura. I don't know why, but I just don't. She seems like she could switch sides, and raising an Elder probably isn't the same as raising a humani/immortal.

I imagine that she would have a brown aura. I'm not sure why.

user posted image
"Isn't that against the rules?" - "No, not at all. Or, probably." --Glee
Aura: Silver | Scent: Sassafras

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Mar 24 10 1:49 PM

If she gave birth to the sun and moon, couldn't that make her the mother of the "original twins" ... the ones that destroyed Danu Talis?

...... my mind goes so many places now, flamelssecret/hyper_.gif but I will try to stay on track ......

If so (and then following the timeline in the Danu Talis thread) that would make her older than the Great Elders which would put her as an Archon or part of the "missing generation" between.

user posted image

Aura Color: Émeraude
Aura Scent: Garlic and Onions sautéing in Butter
Latin Motto: Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Quote    Reply   

Godsryche

Next Generation Elder

#10 [url]

Mar 24 10 2:50 PM

QUOTE (Lucothea @ March 24, 2010 09:49 am)
If she gave birth to the sun and moon, couldn't that make her the mother of the "original twins" ... the ones that destroyed Danu Talis?

...... my mind goes so many places now, flamelssecret/hyper_.gif but I will try to stay on track ......

If so (and then following the timeline in the Danu Talis thread) that would make her older than the Great Elders which would put her as an Archon or part of the "missing generation" between.

What makes you say she's older than the Great Elder's based on the timeline and her possibly being the mother of the original twins?

The Great Elder's raised Danu Talis, and we don't know when the original twins were born, but even if they were born before the island was raised, they could still be the children of a Great Elder.

user posted image
I hear your hopes, I feel your dreams, and in the dark I hear your screams.

Aura: Blood Red
Scent: Freshly Struck Flint

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Mar 24 10 3:04 PM

QUOTE (Godsryche @ March 24, 2010 02:50 pm)
QUOTE (Lucothea @ March 24, 2010 09:49 am)

...... my mind goes so many places now, flamelssecret/hyper_.gif  but I will try to stay on track ......

What makes you say she's older than the Great Elder's based on the timeline and her possibly being the mother of the original twins?

The Great Elder's raised Danu Talis, and we don't know when the original twins were born, but even if they were born before the island was raised, they could still be the children of a Great Elder.

My apologies, I meant older than the Elders ... not Great Elders (which gets confusing because I am now thinking that the Great Elders are also the Titans).

user posted image

Aura Color: Émeraude
Aura Scent: Garlic and Onions sautéing in Butter
Latin Motto: Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

May 2 10 12:52 PM

If she is on a side, do her children on the opposite side still have to send her mother's day cards?

Aura: Holly Green ...... Scent:Metallic...... Elemental Magic:Thought
user posted image
It is fantasy that puts us apart from the beasts. Anyone can say what is. Few can say what if.

Quote    Reply   

Zosimus

Spellcaster

#14 [url]

May 2 10 3:24 PM

I think she is neutral, and that's exactly what Dee needs! I mean, if the Dark Elders are the ultimate bad guys, and Flamel & co are the ultimate good guys, Dee is somewhere in between, right? so, you would call that.... neutral! flamelssecret/hyper_.gif Maybe you'll get 3 "teams" at the end.. that would be interesting...

user posted image
Aura color: green and purple flowing in each other... Magic scent: fresh cinnamon Primary Magic: Ether

"Veni, vidi, vici."; Caesar said...
I would say: "ego recubo, ego impono, ego mos debello": I lie, I cheat, I will eliminate.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

May 14 10 2:41 AM

QUOTE (Zosimus @ May 02, 2010 04:24 pm)
I think she is neutral, and that's exactly what Dee needs! I mean, if the Dark Elders are the ultimate bad guys, and Flamel & co are the ultimate good guys, Dee is somewhere in between, right? so, you would call that.... neutral! flamelssecret/hyper_.gif Maybe you'll get 3 "teams" at the end.. that would be interesting...

all dee wants is to control the world, he is also evil, but this mother i think will be the new ultimate bad guy.

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#16 [url]

May 15 10 1:37 AM

Hmm..one of Coatlicue's sons was Quetzalcoatl..he supposedly created the Human Race..where can we talk about him?

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

May 16 10 1:28 AM

Because she is the mother of all gods I think her aura is pure light (a dazling and pure white so bright that it might blind)...

Aura Color: Caribbean Blue Aura Smell: Sea water Magic: Earth

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

May 16 10 1:37 AM

I'm wondering if she's just going to be really mad when she wakes up, seeing as her children killed her and all. This could mean some interesting reunions . What will she do afterwards though?

Do remember that she is being revived from the dead, so I wonder if her aura will have lost a little bit of its sparkle. I do see why you would think of her with a brown aura. very calm color, but technically a darker shade of red, like anger.

What if she has a translucent aura becuase she's been brought back to life? could necromancy drain you of color?

Remember we are family friendly site and want to be careful with our word choices.

Aura: Holly Green ...... Scent:Metallic...... Elemental Magic:Thought
user posted image
It is fantasy that puts us apart from the beasts. Anyone can say what is. Few can say what if.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 1 10 4:53 PM

flamelssecret/spoilerwarning-2.gif

spoiler alert

i was so disapointed i wanted to see more of her, just came and went just like that, omg i hope she comes back in the next book.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help