Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Mar 3 10 1:06 AM

Tags : :

I see a lot of questions about the film and film making process in the "Ask Michael" thread, so I've set this thread up for you to post them here instead. Please keep it to just questions, not discussions and opinions! Bear in mind that it's very early days in the film making process and there may not be an answer available for your question yet!
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 3 10 8:29 AM

Okay, so maybe I'm gonna be first. Mr. Scott, are you holding the things in your hands? ( I am asking this question, because of many sagas were ruined with the movies for example like Eragon)

justmeandi

Spellcaster

#2 [url]

Mar 4 10 4:46 PM

Second one from me: I was always wondering how exactly is the script for a movie based on a book chosen?

I hope I was coherent.

user posted image

#3 [url]

Apr 7 10 1:23 AM

QUOTE (justmeandi @ March 04, 2010 11:46 am)
Second one from me: I was always wondering how exactly is the script for a movie based on a book chosen?

I hope I was coherent.

I can answer this one I'm a film student

screenplays are not chose its writers who are hired
the company will hire a writer who will adapt the story from the books into a workable screenplay, sometimes working with the original author and other times not, sometimes multiple writers are hired
this one screenplay may go through thousands of versions and changes before a final is selected
sometimes shooting for the film begins even before the entire script is written

ultimatley the desicion on the script goes to the studio and the producers, as they are the money backing the film

user posted image
Friend: Hey how's that book you got? Me: The Sorceress was great!!!! Friend: You already finished it? Me: Yeah! Friend: You only got it this morning! Me: I KNOW RIGHT!
Aura: Green
Scent: Evergreen Trees in winter like that fabreeze stuff...unhn like that

Calliope

Sorcerer

#4 [url]

Apr 7 10 3:48 AM

Nice answer Green. Adding to that, in the rare cases that the writer of the original novel is hired to write the screen adaption, parts of the book have to be changed in order for it to work on-screen, so even if the writer of the adaption is the original author they sometimes don't have a choice but to make changes. Most of the time it's to widen the film's target audience, so basically to get more bums on seats and more money in the production company's pocket.

user posted image

Aura Colour: Jade 
Aura Scent: Black Tea and Chocolate

#5 [url]

Apr 12 10 4:13 PM

QUOTE (Calliope @ April 06, 2010 10:48 pm)
Nice answer Green. Adding to that, in the rare cases that the writer of the original novel is hired to write the screen adaption, parts of the book have to be changed in order for it to work on-screen, so even if the writer of the adaption is the original author they sometimes don't have a choice but to make changes. Most of the time it's to widen the film's target audience, so basically to get more bums on seats and more money in the production company's pocket.

wonderful addition thank you

user posted image
Friend: Hey how's that book you got? Me: The Sorceress was great!!!! Friend: You already finished it? Me: Yeah! Friend: You only got it this morning! Me: I KNOW RIGHT!

#6 [url]

Apr 26 10 3:34 AM

Is the movie going to anything like the book trailer because that wasn't how I imagined how anyone looked.

"No one knew why. He didn't even know why. But there was something about that sight of a soul so powerful that he would not give up fighting until all of his fears and nightmares were dead . . . until every single scream in the night had been muffled and turned into laughter . . . something about that sight struck him as admirable."
-Mordred

#7 [url]

Apr 26 10 4:11 PM

QUOTE (remusflamel @ April 25, 2010 10:34 pm)
Is the movie going to anything like the book trailer because that wasn't how I imagined how anyone looked.

I believe that the trailer was made in a contest by students. It is most likely that the feature film will look absolutley nothing like the trailer. I'd like to think it will look like fantasy on steroids.

user posted image

#8 [url]

Apr 28 10 4:23 AM

I am agree with you I new to this field here you all have good knowledge it's provide good assistance to those who have no knowledge about this . As per my opinion producer focus no trailer because it's the only way to intact people towards to the movie .

Do Not Use An Unapproved Link In Your Sig!!!

#9 [url]

Apr 28 10 11:59 PM

There has to be a movieee flamelssecret/clap3.gif
I love this serious and with all my might i will try out for the part as Sophie or scatty
I wish soo much i could be scatty. I am writing a book right now!!! Scott is my roll model.

i have a question. Who is going to play the witch of endor?

No need to double post, as Romulus said, simply edit your original post to include your next thought. Thanks!

user posted image
my aura: A deep wariming color of Light blue
My scent: The smell of the sea
My element: earth wind water and fire

#10 [url]

Apr 29 10 9:43 PM

There is no concrete information on the film at the moment. I think the rights were bought for a movie, but that's it. If I'm mistaken, please correct. I wouldn't want to go around giving out false information.

Watch your double posts...you can edit your post if you wish to add something.

user posted image
Aura color: deep chocolate brown Magic scent: cacao
"I've got a Facebook. And I utterly hate the games. I would much rather waste my time spouting useless information and complaining about my life than waste it trying to take care of virtual corn." - silvertouch
"Kai su, teknon?"-Julius Caesar's last words, Greek for "Even you, my child?"

Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Apr 29 10 11:08 PM

Okay sorry for double posting...
Who do you think should play the witch?

user posted image
my aura: A deep wariming color of Light blue
My scent: The smell of the sea
My element: earth wind water and fire

#12 [url]

May 27 10 12:49 PM

okay, it looks like my question is pretty useless ..
when the movie will be released worldwide?

fire is the way of life, water is the soul, air is your heart, and earth where you live in

Aura: yellow
Scent: caramel
Elemental: Fire, earth

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#13 [url]

May 27 10 3:02 PM

QUOTE (shadow lead @ May 27, 2010 01:49 pm)
okay, it looks like my question is pretty useless ..
when the movie will be released worldwide?

You're right there shadow lead, way, way too early to possibly be able to answer that question!

#14 [url]

Jun 2 10 7:14 AM

I have been looking for pictures of the characters, and was wondering where to find them? Now that there is a potential movie, where may I find pics and a potential cast list??

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#15 [url]

Jun 2 10 7:55 AM

QUOTE (captain_Mckinly @ June 02, 2010 08:14 am)
I have been looking for pictures of the characters, and was wondering where to find them? Now that there is a potential movie, where may I find pics and a potential cast list??

There are no pictures of the characters as such, although here on the forum we do have some storyboard images that may help give you a starting point for your thinking. As for cast lists, there's no official cast list yet as it's far too early in the fil making process, they have yet to agree on the script and scriptwriter, but members have been discussing their own suggestions of actors for the roles in the film chat thread.

Zosimus

Spellcaster

#16 [url]

Jun 11 10 9:06 PM

Is there going to be one movie for each film, or like two books a film?

user posted image
Aura color: green and purple flowing in each other... Magic scent: fresh cinnamon Primary Magic: Ether

"Veni, vidi, vici."; Caesar said...
I would say: "ego recubo, ego impono, ego mos debello": I lie, I cheat, I will eliminate.

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#17 [url]

Jun 11 10 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Zosimus @ June 11, 2010 10:06 pm)
Is there going to be one movie for each film, or like two books a film?

It's a possibility that it'll be one book per film with the exception of The Alchemyst & The Magician, there's the option there to to combine both books into one film so that Sophie and Josh are awakened in the one film.

#18 [url]

Jul 1 10 10:01 PM

In the books, the characters talk in different languages a lot. When they make the movie, will they just speak English the whole time or speak the other languages with subtitles?

user posted image
My aura is colored the scarlet of the setting sun, and its distinctive scent is that of a ripe green apple.

#19 [url]

Jul 3 10 10:36 AM

It depends on the situation I think, if the seen is centrerd on 2 characters who are talking an unknown language they might add subtitles or just don't use the language...
But if it's more than two then one might translate to the other so this way we could understand .

My question now : When does the auditions begin and where ??

#20 [url]

Jul 4 10 3:08 PM

Is it important that the actors look like the discription in the book? (Part of the story)

I shall not die of a cold. I shall die of having lived.
"Willa Cather"

Aura color: Tan
Sent: Cedar

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help