Remove this ad

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#41 [url]

Mar 1 10 7:35 PM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ March 01, 2010 12:53 pm)
Hmmm good question but I take group to mean the all the people that have assisted the Twins and stayed with them or around them in some way. 

I would include:

Flamel
Scatty
Germain
Joan
Palamedes
Shakespeare
Perenelle

i would also argue to add the witch and hekate to that list as they both have assisted the twins, although hekate can probably be eliminated since dee killed her. I would also add Gilgamesh as he also assisted the twins by giving them water magic.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 [url]

Mar 5 10 10:58 AM

QUOTE (metoma @ March 05, 2010 10:20 am)
QUOTE (Spacecadet @ March 01, 2010 07:35 pm)
Hmmm good question but I take group to mean the all the people that have assisted the Twins and stayed with them or around them in some way. 

I would include:

Flamel
Scatty
Germain
Joan
Palamedes
Shakespeare
Perenelle

i would also argue to add the witch and hekate to that list as they both have assisted the twins, although hekate can probably be eliminated since dee killed her. I would also add Gilgamesh as he also assisted the twins by giving them water magic.

what about palamedes? would he be on the list?

Definatly not Germain cause he's my favourite character
P.S. Sorry for the bad English

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Mar 5 10 2:35 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ March 01, 2010 07:35 pm)

I would include:

Flamel
Scatty
Germain
Joan
Palamedes
Shakespeare
Perenelle

Spacey, I thought about adding The Witch , Hekate, and Gilgamesh but I kind of put them into a separate category. As they are the ones that taught the twins different magic or awakened magical powers in Hekate's case.

I wouldn't necessarily call them periphery characters because they had such a profound effect on the story but I wouldn't put them into the "group" category either.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Mar 5 10 11:54 PM

I dont think thats a reason to discout Germain. Michael has posted this.

“St Germain the liar. St Germain the thief. I should have killed him when I had the chance.”
I think this was Aoife
The other major character I would choose would be Scatty
“Scathach lies,” Aoife said simply. She shook her head. “She’s a terribly liar, you wouldn’t want to believe a single word she tells you.”

Other then that the only other main character would be Flamel and we know he has lied.

Aura Color:Lime
Aura Scent:Cilantro

Quote    Reply   

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

#46 [url]

Mar 7 10 1:01 AM

It's interesting when you view the whole thread that one thing becomes suddenly clear.. different members have picked up on different characters for the lies that they've told! It would seem that many of the characters are hiding something and lying to keep their secrets hidden. A slightly less clear thought that struck me is why Perry hasn't really called out by anyone, is Perry the only one who has not lied or has she just not been caught out lying?

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#47 [url]

Mar 7 10 1:06 AM

oh but perry has lied its just less obvious. She lied when she got sophie the job at the coffee cup. She was the one that originally saw that the twins had the gold and silver auras. There are tons of liars in this series, im starting to wonder if there is anyone in the series who isnt a liar.

Quote    Reply   

#48 [url]

Mar 7 10 8:52 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ March 07, 2010 01:06 am)
oh but perry has lied its just less obvious. She lied when she got sophie the job at the coffee cup. She was the one that originally saw that the twins had the gold and silver auras. There are tons of liars in this series, im starting to wonder if there is anyone in the series who isnt a liar.

Like I said before, you don't live as long a Flamel and friends without learning to become a "gifted" talker.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Aura: Orange...... Scent: Fresh Linen/Cotton...... Element: Wind

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Mar 7 10 9:21 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ March 06, 2010 06:06 pm)

I agree that there seem to be the most are not truthful, but I wonder about Perry. Would one consider the omission of information as a lie? I think that is how Nicholas looks at things too...not that he has necessarily lied, but that he has not provided all the information, all the facts about a situation.

user posted image

Aura: Dark Orchid
Aura Scent: Wild Lilac

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#50 [url]

Mar 7 10 9:37 PM

I would consider omission of key facts lying, just from the stand point that it can lead others to believe a different outcome because of it. I think thats deliberately leading others astray in a sense.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Mar 7 10 9:37 PM

QUOTE (mzpolarbear @ March 07, 2010 09:21 pm)
QUOTE (Spacecadet @ March 06, 2010 06:06 pm)
oh but perry has lied its just less obvious.  She lied when she got sophie the job at the coffee cup.  She was the one that originally saw that the twins had the gold and silver auras.  There are tons of liars in this series, im starting to wonder if there is anyone in the series who isnt a liar.

I agree that there seem to be the most are not truthful, but I wonder about Perry. Would one consider the omission of information as a lie? I think that is how Nicholas looks at things too...not that he has necessarily lied, but that he has not provided all the information, all the facts about a situation.

Well I myself believe that there is a difference between a "Half-Truth" and "Full" one. But an omission of facts doesn't necessarily make it a lie I guess. Because just because you don't list every single little detail doesn't mean its a Lie or not. You just choose to not say something about something. Now here is what I believe to be a lie/Truth.

I would consider omission of key facts lying, just from the stand point that it can lead others to believe a different outcome because of it. I think thats deliberately leading others astray in a sense.

Yeah Key facts between like life and death (which was the case with the awakenings) is a big deal, so yeah that would be considered a lie to me.

1. Lie- I am a zebra (OK defiantly not true)
2. Truth- I am a man (very true)
3. Half truth- We went to the mall today to buy shoes
4. full truth- We went to the mall today and I bought $800 dollar shoes.(no way is this true, but it was only for the example)

See 3 has the omission, it is not a lie unless someone asks "how much did you spend" and you say "$50 bucks" that is a full blown lie.

Does this make sense to anyone else but me?????? flamelssecret/pray.gif

So yeah everyone that we have encountered has told Half-Truth's, but has everyone told a full blown Lie, that is what we need to go back and figure out, to start playing "Guess Who" and knocking down the pictures of those who don't belong.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#52 [url]

Mar 8 10 7:07 AM

You do have a point there Conduit but I'm more inclined to agree with SC, omission is not lying categorically but it the truth omitted causes people stray off the whole truth then that would become a lie. And most of the characters have done this Nick and Perry most certainly.

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Mar 8 10 2:28 PM

Not only does an omission of the truth lead others to believe that which may be untrue, but it also starts others on an incorrect path. I consider this much more damaging than an outright lie. If someone only tells you part of the truth and passes it off as if they are being honest then it will be much harder to deduce if they are indeed lying in the end.

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Mar 9 10 10:46 PM

Just like Lord Sidious Omitting the facts to Anikan right?..... Sorry couldn't resist. Yes omission of key facts that lead others ASTRAY would be lying, cause it would lead someone to death, or down a wrong path. But what I meant was that if it wasn't serious or didn't really pertain to what you were talking about, then leave it out, more or less editing haha.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

Michael Scott

Next Generation Elder

#55 [url]

Mar 10 10 2:59 AM

I'm pleased to see that you're enjoying each others theories on this teaser clue. There will be 5 video clips in all, I wonder how many of you will be right once The Necromancer has been released? It will be interesting to see!

Michael

Quote    Reply   

justmeandi

Spellcaster

#57 [url]

Mar 11 10 10:27 AM

I cannot wait anymore, Michael! i am going nuts! I have to read 4 books and translate two of them for my University end-of-year exams, but all I can think about is getting your next book!!!!!!!!!

I think we should make a Scott-a-holics Anonymous group... Please?

I want clues too. At least it is something to sratch my mind with and think about!

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#58 [url]

Mar 11 10 3:27 PM

I would like some more clues please. It would be something more to start to think about what may happen in The Necromancer!

user posted image
"It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both." Niccolo Machiavelli
Aura color: Sapphire Blue...... Aura smell: Sea Breeze
Elemental Magic:Water...... Weapon:Trident

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Mar 11 10 8:03 PM

QUOTE (justmeandi @ March 11, 2010 10:27 am)
I cannot wait anymore, Michael! i am going nuts! I have to read 4 books and translate two of them for my University end-of-year exams, but all I can think about is getting your next book!!!!!!!!!

I think we should make a Scott-a-holics Anonymous group... Please?

I want clues too. At least it is something to sratch my mind with and think about!

Well your on the right path Just, remember the first step to overcoming the problem is admitting you have one. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

But seriously, we need a new one, book comes out in May, and we have only had 1 clue, there are 4 more to be had. I can't wait any longer.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#60 [url]

Mar 11 10 8:33 PM

QUOTE (TheConduit @ March 11, 2010 02:03 pm)

Well your on the right path Just, remember the first step to overcoming the problem is admitting you have one. flamelssecret/hysterical.gif

But seriously, we need a new one, book comes out in May, and we have only had 1 clue, there are 4 more to be had. I can't wait any longer.

Patience is a virtue! Im sure it will be well worth the wait.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help