Remove this ad

Zephfire

Next Generation Elder

Lead

Feb 19 10 3:01 AM

Tags : :

Would you all like a little teaser clue about The Necromancer? I think I can guess the reply..but we'd like to know .. so you tell us, and you never know.. maybe we have a treat for you!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Feb 19 10 5:01 AM

Zeph do you even need to ask!!! Absolutely we would like a teaser clue (or 2 or 3) about THe Necromancer!

user posted image

Aura Color: Midnight Blue......Aura Scent: Fresh Honey
You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 19 10 5:16 AM

I <3 teasers, so bring it on please flamelssecret/clap3.gif

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Feb 19 10 5:49 AM

Squeee Very epic, thank you for posting! And thank you Michael for doing that! XD

user posted image
"Be who you are, what you were, what they see. From eternity's view, tell me which one is me." -Epiphany, TSO
Aura color: GOLD..........Scent: Burning matches

Quote    Reply   

Moviebuff

Alchemyst

#8 [url]

Feb 19 10 6:20 AM

flamelssecret/hyper_.gif CLUES!

Awesome teaser and a bit of a challenge there. Thanks Michael... And Zeph for posting that. flamelssecret/icon_bounce.gif Counting down the days!

user posted image
Ravenclaw | Ekaterina Agent | Mage
"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" ~ A. E.
Aura: RED
Scent: warm sea breeze

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Feb 19 10 6:49 AM

Awesome! Now we have even a new direction to research! Thanks Michael!

user posted image
Aura: Sage
Scent: Old and New Books

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Feb 19 10 4:36 PM

"Shepherded Josh and Sophie" Very telling statement, and word. It sounds like it could be Nicholas or Scatty based on what we have already learned in the first 3 books.

But....

based on my new found theories on the identity of The Necromancer, I think he is speaking of St Germain. We know that he has already kept his mastery of fire somewhat of a mystery. He also has a very mysterious background that we know very little about.

Besides the clue said "he is an accomplished liar" and "can he be trusted," not necessarily that he can't be trusted.

user posted image

You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Quote    Reply   

Spacecadet

Next Generation Elder

#12 [url]

Feb 19 10 5:02 PM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ February 19, 2010 10:36 am)
"Shepherded Josh and Sophie" Very telling statement, and word. It sounds like it could be Nicholas or Scatty based on what we have already learned in the first 3 books.

But....

based on my new found theories on the identity of The Necromancer, I think he is speaking of St Germain. We know that he has already kept his mastery of fire somewhat of a mystery. He also has a very mysterious background that we know very little about.

Besides the clue said "he is an accomplished liar" and "can he be trusted," not necessarily that he can't be trusted.

i would argue that germain is mysterious, but mysteriousness and lying arent necessarily the same thing. Germain is flat out not offering information in many cases where as there are others who might flat out be giving information that may not be giving out truthful information.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Feb 19 10 5:16 PM

QUOTE (Spacecadet @ February 19, 2010 05:02 pm)
QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ February 19, 2010 10:36 am)
"Shepherded Josh and Sophie"  Very telling statement, and word.  It sounds like it could be Nicholas or Scatty based on what we have already learned in the first 3 books. 

But....

based on my new found theories on the identity of The Necromancer, I think he is speaking of St Germain.  We know that he has already kept his mastery of fire somewhat of a mystery.  He also has a very mysterious background that we know very little about. 

i would argue that germain is mysterious, but mysteriousness and lying arent necessarily the same thing. Germain is flat out not offering information in many cases where as there are others who might flat out be giving information that may not be giving out truthful information.

I guess that if you look at the "Camp" that is helping Sophie and Josh we are talking about

1. Nicholas
2. Perenelle
3. Scatty
4. Joan
5. St Germain

to a lesser extent

6. The Witch
7. Gilgamesh
8. Palamedes
9. Shakespeare

Out of that list the one with the most "pop" (to me) is St Germain. Having it be Nicholas or Scatty would be almost too obvious. Of course it could add "pop" if it was Shakespeare (like he is still with Dee somehow) or if it turned out to be Perenelle or Joan but they really don't fit. Perry has had very little contact with the Twins, in the books, so far. Joan wouldn't really have anything to gain from a character development standpoint by having lied.

Again I will go back to the thought that the person Michael is talking about could be lying but he could also still be trusted.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Feb 19 10 6:29 PM

Well who has really Shepherded and lead the twins the whole way, how do you make it so many years without telling a "few" lies, I stated this before I started doing my research, and the only one that has been questioned before is.................... Nicholas Flamel.

So now we have to distinguish between Nicholas and/or Germaine, germain never Shepherd josh, only sophie, and scatty is a girl so she is out of the running, noone else has had as much contact with the twins as flamel.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Aura: Orange...... Scent: Fresh Linen/Cotton...... Element: Wind

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Feb 19 10 7:27 PM

QUOTE (TheConduit @ February 19, 2010 06:29 pm)
Well who has really Shepherded and lead the twins the whole way, how do you make it so many years without telling a "few" lies, I stated this before I started doing my research, and the only one that has been questioned before is.................... Nicholas Flamel.

So now we have to distinguish between Nicholas and/or Germaine, germain never Shepherd josh, only sophie, and scatty is a girl so she is out of the running, noone else has had as much contact with the twins as flamel.

I agree with everything you said there but, Nicholas as the one Michael is talking about just seems too obvious. I mean we have known almost from the very beginning that the twins (and us) should not trust Nicholas completely.

I mean Hekate as much as says so in this exchange:

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
"And Flamel knew this could happen?" Josh asked, feeling a great surge of anger begin in the pit of his stomach. He felt sick. The Alchemyst had known the Awakening could, in all likelihood, send him and Sophie into a coma, and
yet had still been prepared to let them go through with it. The rage burned
within him, fueled in equal parts by fear and a terrible sense of betrayal.

He'd thought Flamel was his friend. He'd been wrong.

"Of course," Hekate said. "He told you there were dangers, didn't he?"

"He didn't tell us everything," Josh snapped.

"Nicholas Flamel never tells anyone everything." One side of Hekate's face
was touched with the silver light radiating from Sophie, the other was
sheathed in black shadow.

We have been incredibly conditioned not to trust Nicholas so I just think it would be almost anti-climatic to have Nicholas be the one that is lying. We know that already, right?

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

Elena

Immortal

#16 [url]

Feb 19 10 7:41 PM

OMG I just saw the video! It's great!!!!!!!
Thank you Mr.Scott and Zeph! flamelssecret/bow.gif

user posted image
Pottermore: GoldAccio87 | Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness..

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Feb 19 10 7:54 PM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ February 19, 2010 07:27 pm)
QUOTE (TheConduit @ February 19, 2010 06:29 pm)

I agree with everything you said there but, Nicholas as the one Michael is talking about just seems too obvious. I mean we have known almost from the very beginning that the twins (and us) should not trust Nicholas completely.

I mean Hekate as much as says so in this exchange:

QUOTE (The Alchemyst)
"And Flamel knew this could happen?" Josh asked, feeling a great surge of anger begin in the pit of his stomach. He felt sick. The Alchemyst had known the Awakening could, in all likelihood, send him and Sophie into a coma, and
yet had still been prepared to let them go through with it. The rage burned
within him, fueled in equal parts by fear and a terrible sense of betrayal.

He'd thought Flamel was his friend. He'd been wrong.

"Of course," Hekate said. "He told you there were dangers, didn't he?"

"He didn't tell us everything," Josh snapped.

"Nicholas Flamel never tells anyone everything." One side of Hekate's face
was touched with the silver light radiating from Sophie, the other was
sheathed in black shadow.

We have been incredibly conditioned not to trust Nicholas so I just think it would be almost anti-climatic to have Nicholas be the one that is lying. We know that already, right?

Yes i agree with you as, well but maybe thats the twist, we are all looking for, its the MAIN main character, the one who the books are based, it all makes sense if you really think about it, it mentions that Flamel is and outstanding alchemist, but never tells us anything else.

And it is obvious, so obvious that Mr. Scott is hoping people will over look him completely and misinterpret the books and look for someone else, and be completley blown away when it is him, we all have been looking the other way and won't expect it, so no its not anti climatic.

We have been conditioned yes, but he is the one that is trying to save the world with the twins so why, wouldn't he be a good candidate, no one said the necromancer was bad, just cause it deals with death, doesn't mean its bad, who said a line that was like, magic isn't bad its how you use it that makes it bad (it was in a podcast or in the books, I can't remember). It makes perfect sense to me now to throw Flamel back into the running.

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)
I've known Nicholas Flamel for a very long time. He is many things-Dangerous and devious, cunning and deadly, a good friend and an implacable enemy-but he comes from an age when a man's word was indeed precious. If he gives you his word that he's done all this for your protection, then I am suggesting that you believe him. ~ Scathach

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Feb 19 10 8:16 PM

Zeph, Was this just a teaser or was it as a clue as to the identity of the Necromancer?

If it is a clue then it can't be Nicholas. Michael has already stated that the title characters won't repeat. The Necromancer has to be a male that we know well and have already met and they can't have already had a book named after them.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Feb 19 10 8:35 PM

QUOTE (phineasnigellus @ February 19, 2010 08:16 pm)
Zeph, Was this just a teaser or was it as a clue as to the identity of the Necromancer?

If it is a clue then it can't be Nicholas.  Michael has already stated that the title characters won't repeat.  The Necromancer has to be a male that we know well and have already met and they can't have already had a book named after them.

I checked the page and this one, they both said clue, but then we have a contradiction here cause no one (that's male) has shepherded the twins as much as flamel,(and in the video Mr. Scott says "the group" that shepherded Josh and Sophie.) well maybe Dee but again, he has been named and has a book for him, so if that's the case its down to Germaine (who I think it is) or Mach, were going in circles.

flamelssecret/wall_.gif flamelssecret/wall_.gif flamelssecret/crying.gif flamelssecret/sFun_explosive.gif

user posted image

QUOTE ( The Alchemyst)

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Feb 20 10 12:46 AM

Yeah I am pretty sure that by "group" Michael was including everybody that has helped the Twins.

user posted image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help